ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>This Chiefs team overcame playoff failures of the past
jjchieffan 05:56 PM 01-18-2021
I was thinking about how this game was a microcosm of our past heartbreak. Missed kicks by Elliot and Butker. Pass to himself by Marriotta and Mayfield, A second half lead in danger because the offense couldn't score against Indy and Cleveland, and a concussion on Montana and Mahomes. I gotta admit. I had some serious PTSD with all of that going on and I thought for sure that they were going to lose. But this time it was different. Mayfield didn't score a TD on that tipped pass, Butker made just enough kicks to keep the lead, Henne made plays to keep the clock moving, and Andy Reid had the courage to go for it on 4th and short at midfield to ice the game. Man. It sure is nice to be on the winning side. This team truly is special.
[Reply]
2bikemike 08:29 AM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Joe Montana and the 1993 AFCCG get exorcised on Sunday.
Yep, Time to go full circle, How fitting will it be to go back to back Super Bowl's by knocking off the Bills?
[Reply]
Spott 08:43 AM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Another aspect, the missed 2nd INT. How many times were we on the verge, when an INT that almost happened but didn't, then the deluge . . .

That missed INT still resulted in a TD, but we tightened back up.
I was thinking that same thing when it happened, although that would have been a tricky catch considering the way it was deflected. It wasn’t near as bad as the one Kevin Ross had in the playoff game against Buffalo in the early 90’s.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 08:44 AM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Exactly how much "past" would you say there is, generally speaking?
About 600 years. You know the time since the earth cooled.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:46 AM 01-19-2021
I'm not gonna lie, when Pat went down I got the horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach, just like losing to Indy in Indy.

Defense held, Henne scrambled for the first and it was gone, just like the Browns chances to win.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:56 AM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by Spott:
I was thinking that same thing when it happened, although that would have been a tricky catch considering the way it was deflected. It wasn’t near as bad as the one Kevin Ross had in the playoff game against Buffalo in the early 90’s.
Most of the times I recall, it wasn't so much the missed INTs themselves, they were often 'tricky' or hopeful as well. The pain was how everything fell apart right after hope spiked. How often it marked the start of the decline that went from fairly sure win to collapse.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:05 AM 01-19-2021
There's no guarantee that Josh Allen stays in this form next year and beyond, especially if his OC gets a HC gig. Lamar buckled under the pressure he setup for himself last year so Allen could do the same. Better to establish dominance this Sunday night to set the tone for years to come in case Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes is the next Manning/Brady.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:07 AM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
I'm not gonna lie, when Pat went down I got the horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach, just like losing to Indy in Indy.

Defense held, Henne scrambled for the first and it was gone, just like the Browns chances to win.
Same here.

I was nervous all day but not worried, even when Cleveland started the comeback.

Then Mahomes went down and I just felt sick.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:07 AM 01-19-2021
Not gonna lie my Chiefs PTSD came back in full force once Patrick left the game.

It felt like the Titans disaster in 2017 and that Henne INT certainly didn’t help. But oddly I was mad at Butker as much as anyone bc that missed XP was crucial. All we needed was a FG to go up 9 instead of potentially 8.

Good thing Henne and the defense came through at the end bc man that would have sucked to see your season end that way.
[Reply]
cripple creek 09:09 AM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by njchiefs:
Hunt pulling that sleeping on the couch end zone stunt, iced it for the Browns. Don’t piss this D off. I knew they weren’t scoring again.
the kansas highway patrol trolled hunt with a pic of that post game
Attached: HIGHWAYPATROLCHUNT.jpg (81.2 KB) 
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:12 AM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by cripple creek:
the kansas highway patrol trolled hunt with a pic of that post game
Ouch!
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 09:22 AM 01-19-2021
It was one of those games where I was mad that Butker missed 4 points. But...I was not enraged. I was more annoyed. Then, when Patrick went down, I just sat on my couch staring blankly at the screen. My buddy came over to watch with me, and we were both just...stunned. I finally said "Welp..." and he just said "Yup"...

Then Henne came through at the end, after throwing a horrible pic. Then later, takes a horrible sack. It was all on him to somehow pull a rabbit out. Then the scramble on 3rd and forever...I honestly thought he got that first down, but upon review, his elbow DID hit the ground about a half yard short. So then, I'm going through the scenarios of eating clock, taking the penalty, punting away to the Browns who have no time outs left. We could be good here. I mean, the Browns have no time outs, it's should be a long way to go for a TD, Baker Ma...WTF? We snapped it? Holy shit, Tyreek!! AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

Then the whiskey flowed and all was well again.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up