ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 32
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Royals Announce New Ballpark in "The Heart of Downtown KC"
Couch-Potato 08:07 AM 02-14-2024
What do you guys think about the new ballpark?

ESPN:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Pablo 01:33 PM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If you take a look at Shermans personal worth, a metric shit ton of it is tied to the Royals, every bit of this speaks to a buy the team, get a stadium, sell it for double what he paid for it to bump up his wealth significantly.
Yep. All the while losing an average of 100+ games/season.

And we are all so thankful for his ownership.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:42 PM 03-21-2024
Is it that life sucks?
Replace God with rich people and this basically covers it...

[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:45 PM 03-21-2024
Why does this need to be decided seven years before the current deal is over, especially with so many details being, at best, unpublished?
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:48 PM 03-21-2024
Royals lost 100 games and Herm Edwards was the coach for the Chiefs the year the initial tax passed

Now yall getting tight with the purse strings?
[Reply]
Pablo 01:48 PM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Why does this need to be decided seven years before the current deal is over, especially with so many details being, at best, unpublished?
It needs to be decided before they have another embarrassing season and the 2025 property taxes shoot up again.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:49 PM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Royals lost 100 games and Herm Edwards was the coach for the Chiefs the year the initial tax passed

Now yall getting tight with the purse strings?
Economic conditions were a little better back then...
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:54 PM 03-21-2024
https://apnews.com/article/royals-bo...5947e0cdfd5db7
[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:59 PM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
It needs to be decided before they have another embarrassing season and the 2025 property taxes shoot up again.
I think we, as a county, need to hold out for a better deal where all the numbers and guarantees are on the table and understood, then decide.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:03 PM 03-21-2024
The existing tax is in effect until '31 so the hard times today aren't ending with a no vote

**orders QuikTrip from Uber Eats
[Reply]
Mecca 02:07 PM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
The existing tax is in effect until '31 so the hard times today aren't ending with a no vote

**orders QuikTrip from Uber Eats
Do people actually do that? I don't...
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:12 PM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
https://apnews.com/article/royals-bo...5947e0cdfd5db7
Very good article, LOVE it. That said this quote concerns me:

"Sherman said during a news conference at Kauffman Stadium. “It’s really, really hard to draft and develop generational talent in this business, and it’s even harder to keep them in the same uniform, and that’s what this is really all about.”"

For the Royals it has been, I'm not sure it's as bad for other teams that are willing to pay to keep their talent and buy other team's talent. So it's wonderful that we kept Witt, but how many teams fear us buying their known/demonstrated talent to surround Witt with?

Maybe I'm asking the wrong question, perhaps the better question is how much cash has he told the team they have to shop and retain talent with?

And I'm actually a bit surprised at how emotional the topic is. Yikes..
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:13 PM 03-21-2024
Do people actually do that? I don't...
Tough times indeed

[Reply]
Jerm 02:13 PM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
He referred to it as a "shooting gallery" which is fucking stupid.
I know when I've been in the P&L or close to it, day or night, all I could think about was man this must be what Fallujah was like...
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:31 PM 03-21-2024

"Sherman said during a news conference at Kauffman Stadium. “It’s really, really hard to draft and develop generational talent in this business, and it’s even harder to keep them in the same uniform, and that’s what this is really all about.”"

For the Royals it has been, I'm not sure it's as bad for other teams that are willing to pay to keep their talent and buy other team's talent. So it's wonderful that we kept Witt, but how many teams fear us buying their known/demonstrated talent to surround Witt with?

Maybe I'm asking the wrong question, perhaps the better question is how much cash has he told the team they have to shop and retain talent with?

Yeah, I'm not sure which is worse for the sport... the lack of a salary cap or teams not wanting to spend anything.

I think Beltran said he was staying in KC for 23 million/year (or whatever it was) and Glass told his agent "make him stay for 22"... and maybe that one specific story never even happened, but the point being cheap ass billionaire owners suck.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:36 PM 03-21-2024

How else are 40 year old dudes who are too fat to even walk going to play out their failed dreams?
[Reply]
Page 22 of 32
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Up