ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 324
« First < 283435363738 394041424888138 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:49 PM 01-24-2019
Yes, let's hire a DC who is infinitely more abrasive with his approach to coach the exact same goddamn shitty ****ing scheme that players were already getting frustrated with. What could go wrong?!?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:50 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Pagano? Wtf.

How can you throw his name in there and then shit on Spagnuolo or other veteran DCs. Pagano didnt exactly set the world on fire with his SD defenses.
Ranks:

16, 9, 20, 21, 23

For those worried about experience, he'd done it before. Didn't have great talent, and never coordinated defenses as bad as the ones either Sutton or Spagnuolo have. Also has done a good job in Houston and isn't archaic.
[Reply]
Monkey God 10:50 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Why? He can only interview for HC jobs.
So? This team doesn't need someone learning the "on the job" Need to win now.
Why? the fact you asked that says why
The fact you asked that says why.
[Reply]
tk13 10:51 PM 01-24-2019
I agree it's not a young and exciting name but I'd take this over Rex 100 out of 100 times. Chiefs fans obsession with Rex Ryan is just so bleh. The guy hasn't done squat in a decade either, but gives good press conferences and that's what the fans love I guess. Might as well just throw dynamite in the locker room and save yourself the time.

Spags is going to need talent, but I think that's true regardless. The truly great defenses have been loaded with talent. There aren't many Bill Belichick's out there making chicken salad. I don't really care about the 4-3/3-4 thing. We just need someone who can put out a defense that is disciplined and can make adjustments. We shall see.
[Reply]
KC Hawks 10:52 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
SHAWN BARBER EXPLAINS HOW SPAGS IS AS A COACH HERE
Great stuff, especially what Barber said about Spags coaching the position coaches vs Sutton who left them alone. Also interesting about Ford possibly playing SAM linebacker.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:52 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Spags has at east proven that if you give him the talent, he can produce a SB caliber defense.

What in the fucking bloody hell has John Pagano EVER proven?

I’m convinced this dumbass thinks he’s talking about Chuck.
You're just a dumbfuck, homer cunt that overrates everything the Chiefs do. But hey, it's a myth that Steven Nelson sucks, right?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:52 PM 01-24-2019
Spags might get Brit Reid fired :-)
[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 10:53 PM 01-24-2019
I could’ve been down for Dennis Allen too. But overall this just isn’t a bad hire at all. It comes off pretty vanilla, but when you look at the draft last year some of the picks make a lot of sense for what he will want to do.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:53 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Spags might get Brit Reid fired :-)
Care to explain?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:54 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yes, let's hire a DC who is infinitely more abrasive with his approach to coach the exact same goddamn shitty ****ing scheme that players were already getting frustrated with. What could go wrong?!?
Are you talking about Spags being abrasive? He's a player's coach.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:54 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Monkey God:
The fact you asked that says why.
Since when can Richard only interview for HC jobs that are full, he didn't get, and after the conclusion of the Chiefs' season?
[Reply]
tk13 10:54 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yeah but he'd give great press conferences every single flipping year where he'd guarantee that they were going to the playoffs. That's really what's important. I really don't care if we win as long as we have a coach that can chew out the players and say outlandish things in press conferences.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:55 PM 01-24-2019
Ranks:

16, 9, 20, 21, 23

For those worried about experience, he'd done it before. Didn't have great talent, and never coordinated defenses as bad as the ones either Sutton or Spagnuolo have. Also has done a good job in Houston and isn't archaic.
JFC you really weren’t talking about Chuck :-)

You’re the only person on this board that would rather have Pagano. Even the people that don’t like this hire would prefer a SB winning DC over a guy who’s done absolutely nothing of note in his career.

You want to pretend like anything good that Spags didn’t even happen because he had talent. You could literally do that with any DC that’s ever had a lot of success.
[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 10:55 PM 01-24-2019
You're just a dumbfuck, homer cunt that overrates everything the Chiefs do. But hey, it's a myth that Steven Nelson sucks, right?
Man you don’t read between the lines at all. If I had to guess, you were probably one of the many fans who thought mahomes would suck bc he threw picks in training camp.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:55 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Are you talking about Spags being abrasive? He's a player's coach.
No. Ryan.
[Reply]
Page 38 of 324
« First < 283435363738 394041424888138 > Last »
Up