ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 238 of 324
« First < 138188228234235236237238 239240241242248288 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 04:34 PM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
This defense is so bad with missed tackles, and poor coverage. We knew there would be some growing pains but when we’re 32nd in opponent passer rating that’s absolutely pathetic. Our offense is best in the league, our defense is bottom third. We’re averaging opponents passer rating at 107.5. That’s good for worst in the league. Faders are right ahead us at 106.7. Tied for worst in the league in missed tackles with 39, and also tied for worst with YAC. Same with our ST on kickoffs, worst in the league.

We haven't been able to cover premier WRs this year and I think that's the biggest problem. Whether you want to say it's lack of defensive pressure or secondary problems... it's a problem.

Pittman Jr, Evans, Williams, Adams, Davis, and Diggs combine for...

In those 5 games.... 55 targets, 40 receptions, 634 yards and 6 TD

Which if that was a player that would be T-10th in targets, 8th in receptions, 3rd in yards, T-2nd in touchdowns.

Only 6 other teams have more points scored against. The chiefs have the best offense in the league while being straight dragged by their terrible defense.

This defense and our tackles will ensure we get embarrassed in the playoffs.
The rating is 106.7?

Hot dog, that is better than I expected!
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:39 PM 10-18-2022
This defense is so bad with missed tackles, and poor coverage. We knew there would be some growing pains but when we’re 32nd in opponent passer rating that’s absolutely pathetic. Our offense is best in the league, our defense is bottom third. We’re averaging opponents passer rating at 107.5. That’s good for worst in the league. Faders are right ahead us at 106.7. Tied for worst in the league in missed tackles with 39, and also tied for worst with YAC. Same with our ST on kickoffs, worst in the league.

We haven't been able to cover premier WRs this year and I think that's the biggest problem. Whether you want to say it's lack of defensive pressure or secondary problems... it's a problem.

Which if that was a player that would be T-10th in targets, 8th in receptions, 3rd in yards, T-2nd in touchdowns.

Only 6 other teams have more points scored against. The chiefs have the best offense in the league while being straight dragged by their terrible defense.

Can't argue with the truth.

But the defense that played the other day is not going to be the defense that's playing for us a month or so from now. What I mean is, they are going to improve. Getting Gay back will help up front immensely. Getting McDuffie will also help, but just getting live snaps in will help these guys get more comfortable in Spags system.

It literally happens every season. By weeks 10 or 12, Spags will have a much better idea of what all these new guys can and can't do, and he'll put them in positions to succeed. That's what he does every year.
[Reply]
-King- 05:04 PM 10-18-2022

I was actually surprised looking at the numbers today. I really thought the defense had played better than what the numbers are.

But we're 20th in yards allowed and 25th in points allowed. I'm not the biggest EPA guy, but according to EPA, this defense is on par with the 2018 Sutton defense.

I don't know it doesn't really feel like that though.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:09 PM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:

Because i think a lot of it is situational.

I agree, they are playing better than their numbers suggest. A few big passes down the sideline here and there, DPI's that put opponents in scoring position etc.
[Reply]
raybec 4 06:13 PM 10-18-2022
I was actually surprised looking at the numbers today. I really thought the defense had played better than what the numbers are.

But we're 20th in yards allowed and 25th in points allowed. I'm not the biggest EPA guy, but according to EPA, this defense is on par with the 2018 Sutton defense.

The only stat that really matters
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:22 PM 10-18-2022

Honestly, I think the biggest thing is that people know they're bad but because of the turnover and youth infusion, they're convinced they'll get better.

People are flat willing to overlook some early season warts if it means improvement at the end of the season and there's certainly some promise there.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:28 PM 10-18-2022
Well, there's a pretty massive flaw in this defense that doesn't have a realistic fix this year outside of a blockbuster trade, and it's the complete inability to pressure with 4. We have to rely on blitzing to generate it most of the time and our DBs aren't holding up well. Fenton in particular has been absolutely awful.
[Reply]
raybec 4 06:33 PM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Well, there's a pretty massive flaw in this defense that doesn't have a realistic fix this year outside of a blockbuster trade, and it's the complete inability to pressure with 4. We have to rely on blitzing to generate it most of the time and our DBs aren't holding up well. Fenton in particular has been absolutely awful.
Fenton is so goddamn grabby, he can't play man without drawing a hold or DPI flag.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:35 PM 10-18-2022
He's been genuinely awful this year. On 23 targets he's given up 19 catches for over 250 yards. That's just not going to cut it going forward.
[Reply]
Halfcan 06:37 PM 10-18-2022
Spags can never figure out how to stop the run or close out games. Same shit, different year.
[Reply]
PHOG 05:29 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Spags can never figure out how to stop the run or close out games. Same shit, different year.
I'm thinking and hoping that getting Gay and McDuffie back will go a long way in improving the D. The pass rush is a different story. Need an upgrade there it seems, or get healthy.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:42 AM 10-19-2022
Two weeks ago, it was the number one run defense.

Now they're as bad as the 2018 Sutton Efense.

Maybe we ought to let it settle in a bit more before we freak out.
[Reply]
O.city 06:55 AM 10-19-2022
When you can't get pressure with 4, you can't or won't have a good defense in today's NFL.

It's just the reality of things.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 07:47 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
yup
[Reply]
O.city 07:48 AM 10-19-2022
They've been rebuilding the defense for like 3 years via the draft and it's still shit.

What is the deal?
[Reply]
Page 238 of 324
« First < 138188228234235236237238 239240241242248288 > Last »
Up