ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 330 of 1210
« First < 230280320326327328329330 331332333334340380430830 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Nickhead 12:16 PM 10-21-2016
we do store mayo's and aioli's in the fridge. wondering how many are storing things in the fridge that are unnecessary, versus necessity due to climate?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 12:43 PM 10-21-2016
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
we do store mayo's and aioli's in the fridge. wondering how many are storing things in the fridge that are unnecessary, versus necessity due to climate?
I like cold condiments.
[Reply]
Nickhead 12:53 PM 10-21-2016
so storing in the fridge is a preference then? i wonder when it went from necessary cold storage to being a choice. i was just taken aback as i thought all condiments HAD to be stored in the fridge. :-)
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 12:58 PM 10-21-2016
so storing in the fridge is a preference then? i wonder when it went from necessary cold storage to being a choice. i was just taken aback as i thought all condiments HAD to be stored in the fridge. :-)
Condiments that are high in sugar, salt, or acid are likely "safe" at room temperature if they're consumed fast enough. Ketchup, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, vinegar should be fine. Mayo, definitely needs refrigerated.

Americans refrigerate everything. Look at France for eggs - they're kept room temperature there. (This isn't something I'd recommend unless you're buying farm fresh eggs.)
[Reply]
Nickhead 01:04 PM 10-21-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Condiments that are high in sugar, salt, or acid are likely "safe" at room temperature if they're consumed fast enough. Ketchup, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, vinegar should be fine. Mayo, definitely needs refrigerated.

Americans refrigerate everything. Look at France for eggs - they're kept room temperature there. (This isn't something I'd recommend unless you're buying farm fresh eggs.)
you actually bring up a good point. eggs. i was shocked too when i saw they are not kept cold. our eggs at room temp last about two weeks or so. i have heard as well, that if you coat the egg shell with lard, they will last up to a year. it all has to do with oxygen permeating the egg shell.
[Reply]
In58men 01:42 PM 10-21-2016
How do you store Tabasco?
[Reply]
Nickhead 01:50 PM 10-21-2016
tabasco, worcestershire, soy, sweet chili, tomato, bbq, mustard, oily dressings, eggs all in pantry
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 02:05 PM 10-21-2016
Cold storage slows down degradation of flavor and growth of bacteria in condiments. However there are some things you don't want in the fridge. Onions, tomatoes, bread, tortillas, peanut butter, etc. Don't mix fruits and veggies in the same drawer. But all of this is a rule of thumb type stuff. It is said to not freeze grapes. but I like eating frozen grapes.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 02:07 PM 10-21-2016
Originally Posted by In58men:
How do you store Tabasco?
On the shelf at the grocery store. They can keep that shit. So much better heat to add to a dish than tabasco. Peppers are much cheaper and don't overtake flavor the way tabasco can.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 02:09 PM 10-21-2016
you actually bring up a good point. eggs. i was shocked too when i saw they are not kept cold. our eggs at room temp last about two weeks or so. i have heard as well, that if you coat the egg shell with lard, they will last up to a year. it all has to do with oxygen permeating the egg shell.
Buy them from the farm with the chicken shit still on them. Don't wash until you use them. Eggs last much longer that way.
[Reply]
Nickhead 02:09 PM 10-21-2016
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
Cold storage slows down degradation of flavor and growth of bacteria in condiments. However there are some things you don't want in the fridge. Onions, tomatoes, bread, tortillas, peanut butter, etc. Don't mix fruits and veggies in the same drawer. But all of this is a rule of thumb type stuff. It is said to not freeze grapes. but I like eating frozen grapes.
oddly enough, i store salsa in the fridge, and its the first thing to grow mold.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 02:10 PM 10-21-2016
oddly enough, i store salsa in the fridge, and its the first thing to grow mold.
Maybe you contaminate it somehow. Dip a spoon into it maybe?
[Reply]
Nickhead 02:10 PM 10-21-2016
On the shelf at the grocery store. They can keep that shit. So much better heat to add to a dish than tabasco. Peppers are much cheaper and don't overtake flavor the way tabasco can.
i store it in pantry, but i use it rarely. lots when i was younger, but you are right, there are way better things than tabasco.
[Reply]
Nickhead 02:11 PM 10-21-2016
Maybe you contaminate it somehow. Dip a spoon into it maybe?
nope, im the only one that uses salsa and i always pour it.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 02:17 PM 10-21-2016
nope, im the only one that uses salsa and i always pour it.
Hmm, I don't know then. I don't usually get jarred salsa.

My wife and butter piss me off. Butter is not expensive and to leave bread crumbs in the butter is not a correct thing to do. Throw that shit away.
[Reply]
Page 330 of 1210
« First < 230280320326327328329330 331332333334340380430830 > Last »
Up