ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 220 of 319
« First < 120170210216217218219220 221222223224230270 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:27 AM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by BigChiefFan:
I know Fisher wasn’t a turnstile, but signing a lateral move LT at the end of their career will be. I was hopeful we would cement the position for at least the next 3-4 years and move on down the road. I know we’ll make due, but this is definitely plan B.
If they sign someone like Reiff and then draft someone like Radunz or Walker Little, they're setting the position for the next 5 years.

That's not a bad plan B.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:27 AM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Reiff is a solid plan B. No way Veach never thought to consider Reiff if Williams fell through.

Now, Reiff, Thuney, Hudson, if I can be greedy.......
Veach is the best GM we've ever had. There's no way he's giving up on this.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:28 AM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by BigChiefFan:
I know Fisher wasn’t a turnstile, but signing a lateral move LT at the end of their career will be. I was hopeful we would cement the position for at least the next 3-4 years and move on down the road. I know we’ll make due, but this is definitely plan B.
Signing a short-term FA stopgap allows them flexibility in the draft to get a developmental prospect that could be a long-term solution without paying out the nose to get him.
[Reply]
O.city 11:29 AM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Signing a short-term FA stopgap allows them flexibility in the draft to get a developmental prospect that could be a long-term solution without paying out the nose to get him.
Preferably they draft someone to play there long term, but I'm skeptical that guy is there at 31. LT's just tend to go earlier.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:29 AM 03-17-2021
Veach is the best GM we've ever had. There's no way he's giving up on this.
Yep.

Reiff
Thuney
Hudson
LDT
Niang

I'd take that in a heartbeat and name my next kid Brett.
[Reply]
O.city 11:30 AM 03-17-2021
Reiff would atleast let you go into the draft and not have to have LT so high on the list. If the opp presented itself, do it, but wouldn't have to go out your way.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:31 AM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Preferably they draft someone to play there long term, but I'm skeptical that guy is there at 31. LT's just tend to go earlier.
Walker Little's situation is almost identical to Niang's. He was injured and then opted out. He's a prototypical Andy Reid LT and he'll likely be available at the end of the SECOND round.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:31 AM 03-17-2021
I think they end up talking Liam Eichenberg in the draft unless they make a big move.
[Reply]
O.city 11:32 AM 03-17-2021
Walker Little's situation is almost identical to Niang's. He was injured and then opted out. He's a prototypical Andy Reid LT and he'll likely be available at the end of the SECOND round.
I'm sure I'll get ostracized for this, but I'm not a fan of guys that opted out.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:32 AM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I think they end up talking Liam Eichenberg in the draft unless they make a big move.
Maybe they move Niang to LT and play Eichenberg at RT? I'm not sure Eichenberg is a LT in this offense.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:33 AM 03-17-2021
this is an unusual draft. The opt-outs and early declarations make for a weird and unpredictable draft.

I have zero doubt that someone like Walker Little would be a top 20 pick had he not opted out, for example. But you might get him in the 2nd as it is.

It was a weird year, and a pre-draft season to boot.

This is a year where you trust your scouts and trust the tape above all else.
[Reply]
O.city 11:33 AM 03-17-2021
Maybe they move Niang to LT and play Eichenberg at RT? I'm not sure Eichenberg is a LT in this offense.
Thats the issue with those end of the first guys. They tend to be more RT than LT.

LT's are just so damn hard to find. Damn it.
[Reply]
BigChiefFan 11:33 AM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Just imagine if Thuney was playing next to Fisher last year what the overall consensus of Fisher would be today.
I agree. Fisher was a damn good player for us and I don’t see Okung, Reiff, or Peters as being better than Fisher, which is why I commented the way I did out of frustration.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:33 AM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I’m an Irish fan .....and meh.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:33 AM 03-17-2021
I'm sure I'll get ostracized for this, but I'm not a fan of guys that opted out.
Stanford only ended up playing 7 games this past season. He didn't miss much at all.
[Reply]
Page 220 of 319
« First < 120170210216217218219220 221222223224230270 > Last »
Up