« First < 374344454647 4849505157 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The L'Jarius Sneed Thread*****
Dante84 11:45 AM 04-25-2020
More to come!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
kcgreene 09:17 AM 01-16-2024
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Yep if you have to choose one, Jones is the odd man out. Tag and trade likely incoming so Jones gets to at least have a say in where he retires, similar to Tyreek. Unless Jones is all of a sudden feeling the burden of age and wants to retire a Chief for a discount.
Plus, IMO, with the combination of Karlaftis coming along good, we could maybe extend Omenihu or sign one of the DTs hitting FA this year (Wilkins or Madubuike would be nice and would be around 7M to 10M less AAV than what CJ95 was asking for I think) I think you might be able to have enough money after cutting MVS and possibly Reid (or extending Reid, they seem to like him) to do all of that and keep Sneed and Bolton (structured correctly by Burt Vatch of course). That would be a Hell of a Defense regardless of CJ95.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:20 AM 01-16-2024
I would love to keep Snead and Bolton, but if I had to pick I'm rolling with Bolton because of depth at DB
[Reply]
TheGuardian 09:34 AM 01-16-2024
Because we don't need to sign a #1 WR that has changed this whole convo. We can now focus on resigning both CJ and Sneed. And that is very doable.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 09:35 AM 01-16-2024
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
I would love to keep Snead and Bolton, but if I had to pick I'm rolling with Bolton because of depth at DB
Bolton doesn't become a free agent until after NEXT SEASON
[Reply]
kcgreene 09:36 AM 01-16-2024
Originally Posted by TheGuardian:
Bolton doesn't become a free agent until after NEXT SEASON
His extension window opens after this season ends however, and that's one guy I think you want to get locked up. The earlier the better.
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:49 AM 01-16-2024
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Sneed was awarded the Angry Runs scepter on GMFB this week for this play. It was expanded to any angry play for the playoffs, not just runs.
[Reply]
O.city 10:01 AM 01-16-2024
I like Bolton as much as anyone, but if it's between him and Sneed, it's Sneed and it's not close.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:07 AM 01-16-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
I like Bolton as much as anyone, but if it's between him and Sneed, it's Sneed and it's not close.
Sneed also fits into our salary structure awfully nicely.

With McDuffie you have 2 more years plus the 5th year option (which will be a pretty little penny now with the multipliers from his AP season under the new 5th year rules, but still not prohibitive). You could sign Sneed to a 4 year deal that's essentially 3 and be in a position to move on from him when McDuffie is making real money.

This is a STUPID cheap secondary. Even with Sneed, we wouldn't have spent that much money on it. And if its decided that we can't afford Sneed if we have another large contract in the secondary, then you extend Sneed and move on from Reid.

It just seems like a complete no-brainer at this point. You gotta get Sneed's deal done. I just wonder if he's not going to be someone who tests FA before he returns (or insists on 're-setting the salary scale' to sign prior to FA).

It may get a little hairy if you don't tag him. And if you tag him, the tag/trade scenario for Jones is off the table. So there's gonna be some tense moments here in the spring but I think he'll be back.
[Reply]
O.city 10:10 AM 01-16-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Sneed also fits into our salary structure awfully nicely.

With McDuffie you have 2 more years plus the 5th year option (which will be a pretty little penny now with the multipliers from his AP season under the new 5th year rules, but still not prohibitive). You could sign Sneed to a 4 year deal that's essentially 3 and be in a position to move on from him when McDuffie is making real money.

This is a STUPID cheap secondary. Even with Sneed, we wouldn't have spent that much money on it. And if its decided that we can't afford Sneed if we have another large contract in the secondary, then you extend Sneed and move on from Reid.

It just seems like a complete no-brainer at this point. You gotta get Sneed's deal done. I just wonder if he's not going to be someone who tests FA before he returns (or insists on 're-setting the salary scale' to sign prior to FA).

It may get a little hairy if you don't tag him. And if you tag him, the tag/trade scenario for Jones is off the table. So there's gonna be some tense moments here in the spring but I think he'll be back.
The Jones cake was baked last offseason. Similar to the OBJ thing, I don't think we really need to worry about anything there. It's done, it's been done, it'll continue to be done.
[Reply]
KCJake 10:18 AM 01-16-2024
Because we don't need to sign a #1 WR that has changed this whole convo. We can now focus on resigning both CJ and Sneed. And that is very doable.
I love Rice as much as the next guy but our #1 priority this off-season is still a WR.
[Reply]
raybec 4 10:21 AM 01-16-2024
We still need a WR
[Reply]
O.city 10:23 AM 01-16-2024
We need WR's plural, but it's not dire like it was looking.

See what's out there, but they can resort to the draft if they have to.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 10:24 AM 01-16-2024
Originally Posted by KCJake:
I love Rice as much as the next guy but our #1 priority this off-season is still a WR.
Literally it is not. We need maybe a good #2. Our #1 priority should be keeping the best lockdown corner in the NFL while he's in his prime.

These are shit takes.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 10:26 AM 01-16-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
Not even close to close.

Sneed is clearly the heart and soul of this entire defense, and they feed off his intensity. The D was still almost as good with Bolton out and Tranquill in there. I'd keep Drue on a modest deal this offseason and if Bolton walks next year, you're covered.

Absolutely under no circumstance do you let Sneed go. None.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:29 AM 01-16-2024
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Not even close to close.

Sneed is clearly the heart and soul of this entire defense, and they feed off his intensity. The D was still almost as good with Bolton out and Tranquill in there. I'd keep Drue on a modest deal this offseason and if Bolton walks next year, you're covered.

Absolutely under no circumstance do you let Sneed go. None.
Chiefs have a HISTORY of letting our DB's walk
[Reply]
Page 47 of 58
« First < 374344454647 4849505157 > Last »
Up