ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 41 of 57
« First < 313738394041 4243444551 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Keep your political bullshit in DC and out of all other forums
DaFace 12:23 AM 12-01-2018
We're seeing an uptick in people randomly throwing out political bullshit in threads in the Lounge. Don't. Report people who do. They'll get booted from the thread for a first offense and more than that if they continue.

The end.

(Oct 2020 update)

Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It's safe to say thread bans aren't working, at least for the handful of people who simply can't keep politics out of any given conversation.

Due to continued reported posts and general frustrations around inserting politics into absolutely everything, and idea came up to restrict people to DC, much like the Romper Room.

So, everyone gets three thread bans as warnings, and after that will get a vacation in DC (the other forums will be view only). The thread bans and DC vacations will be posted in the transparency thread.

Just like several other rules, there's of course gray area and it doesn't really matter where the line is drawn, because those who can keep politics out of the Lounge will never come close to the line and those who can't will insist on running right up to it.

Generally speaking, we're talking about political opinions or blatantly inserting politics into a thread that isn't even a little bit on topic, or otherwise leaking DC BS into the Lounge or other forums.

OnTheWarpath15 09:25 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
As someone else mentioned, the reason for this thread is, there a some people who can't resist bringing DC crap into the lounge. It's like their brain freezes up and they have an uncontrollable impulse to post something political.

Roughly half our reported posts have something to do with politics. Either someone is butt hurt over something someone posed in DC (sometimes justified, sometimes not) or someone posted something political in the Lounge.
Ironically, take a look at the two-three who have the most posts in this thread...DC regulars.
patteeu 09:26 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
You and Pat’s attitude are the problem.

This is a football message board, and you expect the people that actually talk football to walk away so the fringe 40 members out of 10k can argue in their echo chambers.
Only the ones who find CP unbearable, just like it’s always been.
OnTheWarpath15 09:28 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Only the ones who find CP unbearable, just like it’s always been.
If you knew a football from your own ass, maybe you’d be welcome in the lounge?
Bwana 09:33 PM 10-08-2020
Ironically, take a look at the two-three who have the most posts in this thread...DC regulars.

Heh, you were a fly on the wall for years in the mod lounge. I think you have better idea than most what we deal with. :-)
WhiteWhale 09:34 PM 10-08-2020
One of them is probably me. I've never reported anyone and, to my knowledge, have never been reported.

NOR do I post politics in the lounge. Except this thread where I've attempted to have a conversation and have been entirely cordial to those who haven't insulted me. If you insult me, I'll call you a **** and tell you to **** off regardless of topic.

But I wont report you.
patteeu 09:34 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
2000 was pretty bad. The last 10 years or so, though, make 2000 look friendly by comparison.
You may be thinking of 2004 when RINGLEADER and jAZ spammed the forum with multiple threads per day. That’s when BIG DADDY changed sides and advocated splitting politics from the Lounge. We had had several such votes that rejected the idea based on CP tradition and the Star board experience, but for some reason the pro-split guys got bite after bite at the apple and, with BIG DADDY’s support they finally won and DCHL was born.
OnTheWarpath15 09:34 PM 10-08-2020
Heh, you were a fly on the wall for years in the mod lounge. I think you have better idea than most what we deal with. :-)
Yep.
OnTheWarpath15 09:35 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
One of them is me. I've never reported anyone and, to my knowledge, have never been reported.

NOR do I post politics in the lounge. Except this thread where I've attempted to have a conversation and have been entirely cordial to those who haven't insulted me. If you insult me, I'll call you a cunt and tell you to fuck off regardless of topic.

But I wont report you.
FWIW, you weren’t even on my radar.
WhiteWhale 09:37 PM 10-08-2020
FWIW, you weren’t even on my radar.
I know who you're talking about.

My point was you may be painting with too broad of a brush.
patteeu 09:37 PM 10-08-2020
If you knew a football from your own ass, maybe you’d be welcome in the lounge?
The mere fact that I didn’t like the idea of drafting Geno Smith puts me ahead of a pretty big chunk of the football geniuses in the Lounge. But I have no problem admitting I don’t know as much about football as some. Big deal. :-)
htismaqe 09:37 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
You may be thinking of 2004 when RINGLEADER and jAZ spammed the forum with multiple threads per day. That’s when BIG DADDY changed sides and advocated splitting politics from the Lounge. We had had several such votes that rejected the idea based on CP tradition and the Star board experience, but for some reason the pro-split guys got bite after bite at the apple and, with BIG DADDY’s support they finally won and DCHL was born.
No, I know about DC.

2000 on the Star board, which led to the creation of CP, was worse than 2004 or 2008.

The whole reason to create DC in 2004 was to avoid what happened at the Star.

If it were allowed, politics would easily takeover football in the main forum, just like it did at the Star. The other binary option was to ban politics altogether, which is what the Star chose, and ultimately led to a mass exodus to CP.

The DC Lounge was the compromise.
patteeu 09:39 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
One of them is probably me. I've never reported anyone and, to my knowledge, have never been reported.

NOR do I post politics in the lounge. Except this thread where I've attempted to have a conversation and have been entirely cordial to those who haven't insulted me. If you insult me, I'll call you a **** and tell you to **** off regardless of topic.

But I wont report you.
Yep, same here.
Coach 09:39 PM 10-08-2020
To be honest, there has never been a deep long discussion about it, but I have seen it brought up a few times. Perhaps there needs to be?
Can't hurt. I mean, have to start somewhere, yes?

As someone else mentioned, the reason for this thread is, there are some people who can't resist bringing DC crap into the lounge. It's like their brain freezes up and they have an uncontrollable impulse to post something political.

Roughly half our reported posts have something to do with politics. Either someone is butt hurt over something someone posted in DC (sometimes justified, sometimes not) or someone posted something political in the Lounge.
Based on the bolded part, was the reported posts evenly between DC and the Lounge? Or were the reported posts were heavily in one forum side?

Just for a sake of discussion, do you think that half of the reported posts would be slashed to a miniscule of it if DC were to go away?
Coach 09:40 PM 10-08-2020
No, I know about DC.

2000 on the Star board, which led to the creation of CP, was worse than 2004 or 2008.

The whole reason to create DC in 2004 was to avoid what happened at the Star.

If it were allowed, politics would easily takeover football in the main forum, just like it did at the Star. The other binary option was to ban politics altogether, which is what the Star chose, and ultimately led to a mass exodus to CP.

The DC Lounge was the compromise.
Okay, now since you mentioned that, I now understand the dilemma here....
Raiderhater 09:41 PM 10-08-2020
It all started on the KC Star board. It was, in fact, politics that led to the creation of CP in the first place.

The mods there took a heavy hand, not only moderation politics but moderating anybody that was against the heavy moderation.

The idea with DC was to have a sandbox where politics could exist but keep it walled off from the Lounge. I don't think anybody really anticipated that the vitriol of the 2000 election was a tiny snowflake compared to the avalanche that American politics is 20 years later.
This is the actual truth of what has taken place. And I’ll admit to a minor adjustment to my thinking on the DC forum: I was totally against for the historical reason given here and, later on, because segregation of the subjects seemed to be creating the divide between posters that we are now seeing. When in a single forum you jump from a political subject you disagree on to a thread about the Chiefs (or any subject for that matter) that you do agree on the hatred doesn’t build as rapidly, or at all. Where as segregated forums where it is easy to lock into a general topic, people tend to find themselves focused on those topics ruling their passions at the moment and eventually a habit forms.

But as politics has become apart of sports and every other aspect of life, it is seeping (flowing?) back into the general discussion forum. And. Ow you have all of the animosity full fledged here as well.

My minor adjustment I alluded to is that the segregated forums brought about extra animosity to this board but, in reality, given the way life has played out, that would have eventually happened anyway, the segregation just brought it about faster. Which ultimately supports my original position of keeping it all one forum.
Page 41 of 57
« First < 313738394041 4243444551 > Last »
Up