ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2669 of 3903
« First < 1669216925692619265926652666266726682669 267026712672267326792719276931693669 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
AustinChief 09:19 PM 07-20-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Dafuq? Texas is bad man if you’re looking for optimism and sunshiny happiness maybe there should be a different thread because you won’t find a lot of it in here look at the state of what we’re dealing with.
Um no it's most definitely not at the moment. The only "bad" area is down in the valley where something (no idea what) is heavily skewing the numbers.

Hidalgo county is less than 3% of the population of Texas but accounts for 30% of Covid deaths on most days recently. That does not add up in any way.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:25 PM 07-20-2020
I brought up there were reports of this from people a few weeks back.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/medic...v3M3rW-iYb1pUw
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 09:29 PM 07-20-2020
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Well if it makes you feel any better, my completely arm chair and uneducated opinion is I don't think the weather is going to really sway the numbers a whole lot and I think this thing is just going to be steady until a vaccine.

So sucks it won't go away, but I only anticipate a spike because of how many holidays are sandwiched near each other.
Yea. Summer didn't cause that much of a slow down so I'm not sure that fall, winter will cause that sudden of a spike.

A vaccine or super fast test. Heard another reference to a 20 minute saliva test. If that is cheap enough that could be a game changer. Hand the tests out for free. Young people could test themselves before heading to the bars. College students could be checked frequently etc.
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 09:40 PM 07-20-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I brought up there were reports of this from people a few weeks back.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/medic...v3M3rW-iYb1pUw

See this makes more sense. I've heard these stories but they were always in the sense of "proof the numbers are fake"

Turns out its a poor design for the testing. If.
someone is a assigned a number 15 and then leaves the person that was 16 is now going to be number 15 but the info is still that of the person before them

So if person number 16 tests positive they contact person number 15 saying they are positive even though they were never tested. . Sounds like a very poorly set set up system.
[Reply]
Strongside 08:09 AM 07-21-2020
This “testing positive without ever getting tested” business is some alarming shit.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:04 AM 07-21-2020
Well.

I've lost $20k in contracts since March. As an independent contractor, I take advantage of write-offs and so I am ineligible for unemployment or the stimulus check.

The $20k I'm out is just the contracts for event production; I've obviously also not earned any performance money, which is typically another $1k or more a month.

Or the freelance money in which I contract out to larger production houses for corporate events; typically another $1k or more per month.

At this point, the entire year is gone. Good thing I paid my house off!

The countries that have done well left us a blueprint. We just want to argue politics instead.

This is all so unnecessary.

I'm screwed.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:04 AM 07-21-2020
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
Um no it's most definitely not at the moment. The only "bad" area is down in the valley where something (no idea what) is heavily skewing the numbers.

Hidalgo county is less than 3% of the population of Texas but accounts for 30% of Covid deaths on most days recently. That does not add up in any way.
Based on trends I have seen here and well, pretty much everywhere I am going to guess its a highly Hispanic populated area.

Yup just checked, 90% Hispanic. Its a common theme. Mostly multi family households so Covid spreads like wildfire.

The vast majority of the cases here have been Islander and Hispanic households. It is what it is.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:15 AM 07-21-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Well.

I've lost $20k in contracts since March. As an independent contractor, I take advantage of write-offs and so I am ineligible for unemployment or the stimulus check.

The $20k I'm out is just the contracts for event production; I've obviously also not earned any performance money, which is typically another $1k or more a month.

Or the freelance money in which I contract out to larger production houses for corporate events; typically another $1k or more per month.

The countries that have done well left us a blueprint. We just want to argue politics instead.

I'm screwed.
Stop being selfish.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:15 AM 07-21-2020
Been hearing a bit of talk about increased cases of Pleurisy around locally. This is being diagnosed as the result of wearing masks for excessive amounts of time. They are also being recorded as "Covid related" cases.

So add that to the mix.....

Admittedly this is completely anecdotal.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:16 AM 07-21-2020
Well.

I'm screwed.
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Stop being selfish.
Yeah! Go get in the bread lines and :-)!!!
[Reply]
TLO 09:18 AM 07-21-2020
The CDC updated some information today, and while reading about it, I came across this.

Originally Posted by :
In six months since the virus emerged, the CDC said “there have been no confirmed cases of SARS-CoV-2 reinfection.”

[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:23 AM 07-21-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Stop being selfish.
?
[Reply]
TLO 09:29 AM 07-21-2020
?
I believe that was sarcasm
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 09:31 AM 07-21-2020
Originally Posted by AustinChief:

From what I've been reading Mcallen is getting hit hard.

Texas is so large it's hard to really count it all as one state. Its like if we put Illinois Missouri and Indiana all together. The total numbers would be high but i don't think that would be the whole picture.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:31 AM 07-21-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I believe that was sarcasm
I was hoping, but you never can tell around here.
[Reply]
Page 2669 of 3903
« First < 1669216925692619265926652666266726682669 267026712672267326792719276931693669 > Last »
Up