ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 319
« First < 303637383940 414243445090140 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:47 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I don't care what PFF says, Reiter is below average.
Exactly, which is why the rumors of him getting paid just have me flummoxed.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:47 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Go look at the Eagles cap situation. They lose money cutting Kelce. And they’re already like $40 million over the projected cap. I have no clue what the **** they’re going to do.
how the hell were they so shitty AND in cap hell?

:-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:47 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Dumb teams will scramble and pay money to offensive linemen because they’re so hard to find and develop.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:48 PM 02-11-2021
well, let's hope some GM is using PFF rankings as his north star.

Because I'm really ready for an upgrade.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:48 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Our 25 year old Franchise QB has missed games and had injury concerns the last 2 years. If we have to go overboard a bit here, well, it is what it is.
His knee was on a QB sneak. His ankle was on a rollout. His head/neck was a designed option run.

He hurt his toe due to pass rush.

I get that we need to protect him but it's not really true that he's getting the shit beat out of him because of a lack of pass blocking.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:50 PM 02-11-2021
I just want to make this point;

Can you imagine the game last Sunday with this:

Fisher
Osemele
Reiter
Wylie
Schwartz

Just take a minute.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:50 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Our 25 year old Franchise QB has missed games and had injury concerns the last 2 years. If we have to go overboard a bit here, well, it is what it is.
Patrick’s injuries didn’t happen from OL protection. His knee injury was from a sneak, his concussion symptom injury was from an option play and his toe injury appeared to be from running as he normally did ina game where he wasn’t under duress.

I think the goal should be to make sure we don’t have Andrew Wylie’s starting anymore.
LDT and Allegretti were fine and will be fine if we have decent C and T’s.

We drafted Niang. Trust your scouts. Draft a C early.

Trust Veach and his scouts
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:51 PM 02-11-2021
If I'm Veach, and these guys clear medical concerns, I'd do this:

re-sign Osemele.
re-sign Remmers as super-sub.
sign Jason Peters as stop-gap/swing tackle/mentor for young'uns like Niang, a new draftee, Wanegho.
sign Justin Britt to a cheap deal.

and week one probably looks like:

Peters/early OT draftee like Eisenberg/Radunz/Little
Osemele
Britt
LDT
Niang

I would expect that Fisher returns at some point, and that Schwartz does not.
If Fisher comes back, then what do you do with Niang? Move him inside? What if he's playing well at RT?

I don't see them drafting a young LT prospect AND keeping Fisher but that's just me. I see that as an either/or situation.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:51 PM 02-11-2021
I just want to make this point;

Can you imagine the game last Sunday with this:

Fisher
Osemele
Reiter
Wylie
Schwartz

Just take a minute.
Wylie still gets beat?
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:52 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Please no Remmers or Wylie. They're like Ford and Berry to me. Never want to see them anywhere near this organization ever again.
Unfortunately, Wylie will be back. Unless some team does something super dumb and offers him a contract the Chiefs don't want to match.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:54 PM 02-11-2021
Unfortunately, Wylie will be back. Unless some team does something super dumb and offers him a contract the Chiefs don't want to match.
And that’s fine as long as he’s never starting at T ever again. Not even a snap.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:54 PM 02-11-2021
His knee was on a QB sneak. His ankle was on a rollout. His head/neck was a designed option run.

He hurt his toe due to pass rush.

I get that we need to protect him but it's not really true that he's getting the shit beat out of him because of a lack of pass blocking.
A QB with great protection will get sacked 15-20 times and hit 50+ times in a season. It’s going to happen.

I’m convinced that’s why Andrew Luck retired. His last season, he was only sacked like 14 times and hit 40 times. And he still came away with an injury.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:55 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
And that’s fine as long as he’s never starting at T ever again. Not even a snap.
Yeah, that experiment needs to be fucking over.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:55 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
And that’s fine as long as he’s never starting ever again. Not even a snap.
Fixed
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:56 PM 02-11-2021
Fuck that. I'd rather watch a decrepit old sloth dying of mesothelioma and AIDS protect Mahomes.
[Reply]
Page 40 of 319
« First < 303637383940 414243445090140 > Last »
Up