ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 122 of 144
« First < 2272112118119120121122 123124125126132 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Titans (AFC Championship edition) thread
TLO 05:12 PM 01-12-2020
The AFC Championship runs through Arrowhead.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 11:11 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
None of what you are saying about Patrick matters if the rest of the team shows up playing sloppy, unfocused football like we saw in the 1st quarter against Houston last week. They need to be very sharp this week. Tennessee will not beat themselves like we saw from Bill O'Brien & company in the 2nd quarter.
Mahomes always matters. Even when guys were covered he ran for chunks of yards at a time (something he couldn't/didnt do the first game back. Pat was limited to staying in the pocket still had monster game.)

They didnt beat themselves. The best offense remaining in the Playoffs hung a 50 burger on one NFL's weakest defenses. And I got news for ya. The Titans D isnt much better.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:12 AM 01-18-2020
This is bad news for the Titans, especially with a lackluster pass rush

Titans pass D rank vs 12 = #32
Chiefs usage rate of 12 to pass = #4https://t.co/27auGRwQws

— Warren Sharp (@SharpFootball) January 18, 2020

[Reply]
Wallcrawler 11:12 AM 01-18-2020
The Titans needed six specific things to happen to veat us by 3 in their own stadium.

1. A limited Mahomes that was not a threat for running the football.

2. Spags doing them a favor and deactivating 335 pounds of run stuffing meat in Mike Pennel.

3. Damien Williams fumbles the ball, Mahomes doesnt trust the knee enough to get in a chase and tackle on the defender. Fumble 6.

4. Complete idiocy by Andy Reid on 3rd n 2 with under 2 minutes left and the Titans have only obe timeout. Was not aware of win condition, did not call 2 plays at once to get 2 yards if the 3rd down failed. Instead called a one read passing play to Blake ****ing Bell. Of course the play failed.

5. Winchester and Colquitt screw up the snap count on the fg try to go up 8. In a display of SPECTACULAR pant shitting, Colquitt gifts the Titans 10 more yards by intentionally grounding the football.

6. Winchester and Colquitt continue to use the same snap count used all game, allowing a (offside?) defender to get a great jump and block the game tying fg.

There is no way that this symphony of shit happens again. Hell if even ONE of those 6 things does not occur, we win that game easily.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 11:13 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Jones played in that game. He had two sacks and a forced fumble on the first drive.
That is true. I started watching the game and saw him lol. :-)
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 11:15 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
I'm sure the Chiefs will be getting the benefit of the refereeing tomorrow. If the titans / niners win the ratings for the super bowl will be in the toilet, relatively speaking. You know almost everyone wants the up and coming gunslinger with his exciting cast vs the old and grizzled vet HOFer.

Look for the Chiefs to get some phantom PIs, holdings, and roughing the passers called in their favor.

I'm thinking we'll see several big Henry runs brought back for drive stalling holding calls.
I'm not a huge believer in the conspiracy theory deal, but if there is such a thing, let's not forget that the NFL was already robbed of the first Mahomes/Rodgers matchup earlier this season....I'd bet they'd love to get that now. If not, it probably will never happen....
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 11:17 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Absolutely...they are going to call every mugging on Kelce. Titans in the SB...over Mahomes...is a ratings nightmare.

Sucks for Titans fans...but not really because they knocked KC out of the postseason on the worst call in play-off history.
I think this was a very under-discussed element of the first Tits game: the first 7 penalties of the game were called against the Chiefs, and it was 8 - 1 in penalties at half-time. It evened out a little bit more after the half, but that is a huge differential that probably doesn't happen again.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:18 AM 01-18-2020

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:18 AM 01-18-2020

Good luck Frank Clark �� #Titans @TitansMCM @MikeMiracles @twotonefanatics @titansfilmroom pic.twitter.com/mrrJJFOkW2

— Ben Rossong (@Benjy9) January 18, 2020

[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:20 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Bulletin Board material for the Titans. If I were Frank I would not have said that.:-)
[Reply]
DRM08 11:20 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
I'm not a huge believer in the conspiracy theory deal, but if there is such a thing, let's not forget that the NFL was already robbed of the first Mahomes/Rodgers matchup earlier this season....I'd bet they'd love to get that now. If not, it probably will never happen....
If Mahomes is able to take care of business in the early game, let's get out the tin foil hats for Rodgers against the Niners. It'll be interesting to see the penalties or non-penalties with GB/SF.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 11:20 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Absolutely LOVE the enthusiasm here in these posts and these posts are very true and factual in normal conditions. BUT we need to "pump the brakes" a bit. Here we sit behind our computers and phones all suited up game ready to play this game in our 68 degree temperature homes. Forgetting that the weather tomorrow is far more conducive to the run game of which we really don't have any. 20 degree high, with 50% humidity with an 11mph wind feels like 6 degrees which is not really favorable to a high octane passing game.

Bottom line: Blocking and Tackling are not fun when it is bitter cold, SO as 'Ringleader' said who executes better in these conditions will win. Because to Ringleader's point that I have highlighted further catching the ball, giving up long runs, allowing blocked kicks, missing a snap, and fumbling are much easier in these conditions. Hopefully for our Chiefs winning the AFCCG and going to the SB is more than enough to overcome these weather adversities.
Perhaps the cold will kill all of the Titans passing game so we can focus solely on Henry? :-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:22 AM 01-18-2020
You can take away some things from the first game BUT really because this is the AFCCG and the weather being bitterly cold, it changes everything IMHO.
[Reply]
Pablo 11:22 AM 01-18-2020
Bulletin Board material for the Titans. If I were Frank I would not have said that.:-)
Yeah I bet that takes their motivation for this game from like 75% to a full 100%!! Wow, scary stuff!!
[Reply]
FringeNC 11:23 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
This is bad news for the Titans, especially with a lackluster pass rush

Interesting stuff. Chiefs are just a bad matchup for the Titans D.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:24 AM 01-18-2020
Henry is one cut and get his weight against a CB or S. He gets taken down at the line by DEs and DTs just as much.
[Reply]
Page 122 of 144
« First < 2272112118119120121122 123124125126132 > Last »
Up