ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 16
« First < 289101112 13141516 >
Media Center>Anybody like rock and roll?
Merde Furieux 05:31 PM 09-05-2019

[Reply]
htismaqe 09:55 AM 09-13-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Every time I think of UFO

That riff, that bass....perfect. And crazy for 1975!
That bass is Pete Way. The guy was very underrated. He was also in a supergroup of sorts with Fast Eddie Clarke from Motorhead called FastWay.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:57 AM 09-13-2020
I only really knew a couple of songs from Fastway, Say What You Will and Trick or Treat, but I played the shit out of both on mix tapes back in the day! :-)
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 12:40 PM 09-13-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
And this is nuts. These guys look like anything but a rock band, haha!
They are all older guys. Bassist is a huge KISS fan so he paints his face. The Bassist and Guitarist have been in a band together since the mid-80s. Ningen Isu itself has been a band since 1990.
[Reply]
patteeu 01:12 PM 09-13-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That bass is Pete Way. The guy was very underrated. He was also in a supergroup of sorts with Fast Eddie Clarke from Motorhead called FastWay.
I was a Fastway fan when their first album came out.

Years later, I became a fan of Flogging Molly and was surprised to find out that their frontman, Dave King, was the same guy who had been the previously unknown lead singer in Fastway.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:40 PM 09-13-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
I was a Fastway fan when their first album came out.

Years later, I became a fan of Flogging Molly and was surprised to find out that their frontman, Dave King, was the same guy who had been the previously unknown lead singer in Fastway.
I recently discovered Flogging Molly. While many of their songs sound similar, it's a sound that I like.
[Reply]
Merde Furieux 05:13 PM 09-17-2020

[Reply]
Rasputin 02:25 AM 09-20-2020
I am listening to Ween for the first time actually I think they really Weening it

pretty good shit I think.

Never heard of them before but stumbled on it Youtube discovery glad I played it.

[Reply]
DeepPurple 02:54 PM 09-22-2020
I just found out that drummer Lee Kerslake passed away September 19th at age 73. He was the drummer of Uriah Heep during vocalist David Byron era up to 1978. He played on their biggest albums Demons & Wizards, Magician's Birthday and Sweet Freedom and the Live 1973. He later joined Ozzy Osbourne's band and played on Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman.

After the first two Ozzy albums problems surfaced with Ozzy's new manager future wife Sharon, Lee and bassist Bob Daisley both left and later rejoined Uriah Heep. Lee played on 17 Uriah Heep albums in total until he was forced to retire due to ill health in 2007. When Sharon took over management, it turned out that she wasn’t thinking of a full-fledged band but hired musicians. Lee and bassist Bob Daisley, who both composed a majority of the singer’s first two albums filed suit against Ozzy in 1998. In response, Osbourne removed their performances from the 2002 reissues of the albums and had them re-recorded.

The lawsuit was later dismissed in 2003. He revealed in 2018 that he had been diagnosed with terminal prostate cancer and told Osbourne that his final wish was to receive the platinum certifications for “Blizzard of Ozz” and “Diary of a Madman,” which Osbourne granted. His final performance was on Dec. 14, 2018, when he joined Uriah Heep onstage in London.

Because of his deteriorating health, Lee drank to excess and grew to an astonishing size which forced his retirement in 2007 from Uriah Heep. Here is Lee with his two Platinum albums from the two Ozzy Osbourne releases that he finally won in a settlement with Ozzy.

Here is Lee at his prime in 1972 live with Uriah Heep.

[Reply]
htismaqe 02:57 PM 09-22-2020
Another great gone. :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:29 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
I just found out that drummer Lee Kerslake passed away September 19th at age 73.
I can say this on CP because I'm (fairly) anonymous but I fucking HATE Sharon Osbourne. I mean, fucking HATE her.

She was so pissed at Daisley and Kerslake for wanting their fair share of publishing and record royalties that she hired Mike Bordin and Robert Trujillo to re-record Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman.

And while both are outstanding players on their own, they absolutely SUCKED ASS on those albums. I mean, everything was ruined, the feel, the bass tone and the overall drum sound.

I just erased two more paragraphs of stuff that I'm not going to share but suffice to say, it wasn't flattering.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:24 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I can say this on CP because I'm (fairly) anonymous but I fucking HATE Sharon Osbourne. I mean, fucking HATE her.

She was so pissed at Daisley and Kerslake for wanting their fair share of publishing and record royalties that she hired Mike Bordin and Robert Trujillo to re-record Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman.

And while both are outstanding players on their own, they absolutely SUCKED ASS on those albums. I mean, everything was ruined, the feel, the bass tone and the overall drum sound.

I just erased two more paragraphs of stuff that I'm not going to share but suffice to say, it wasn't flattering.
Yeah, we've had that conversation here before. What Sharon did (and Ozzy isn't innocent either) to Bob and Lee is terrible.

I also mentioned the last time this was discussed but what they did to Jake E Lee almost killed him. I saw him on That Metal Show when he finally decided to start playing again and the guy looked like he had PTSD when he picked up the guitar. I've never really seen anything like it. They shattered him.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:38 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yeah, we've had that conversation here before. What Sharon did (and Ozzy isn't innocent either) to Bob and Lee is terrible.

I also mentioned the last time this was discussed but what they did to Jake E Lee almost killed him. I saw him on That Metal Show when he finally decided to start playing again and the guy looked like he had PTSD when he picked up the guitar. I've never really seen anything like it. They shattered him.
Well, last month, I got a call from a former Sony Exec, who is now an agent. This person heard some of the tracks I composed for College Football and the NFL on CBS for the upcoming season and immediately said "He should be writing the next Ozzy album!".

I just know too many things about they way they run their operation for it to be even remotely worth the headache and time. It's certainly not worth the money because Ozzy (Sharon!) takes 50% of the Writer's Share and 100% of the Publisher's Share, which should be criminal.

The "prestige" angle would be somewhat nice but in the end, this isn't 1980-1992 Ozzy Osbourne, this is old, worn out, 72 year old Ozzy with the majority of royalties coming from Spotify.

Ultimately, I passed.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 08:34 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Well, last month, I got a call from a former Sony Exec, who is now an agent. This person heard some of the tracks I composed for College Football and the NFL on CBS for the upcoming season and immediately said "He should be writing the next Ozzy album!".
Dane, did you ever know a producer named David Tedds? When I operated my online and mail order CD store Buccaneer Records, David was a regular customer. He use order just about every month or two, usually on the phone and we would talk. He always give me inside info on a lot acts and shows.

It's been awhile since I had retired in 2005. The last time I talked to him he had just finished the Grand Funk reissues for Capitol Records and was working on some compilations for Rhino Records. That's how I found out why Mark Farner and Grand Funk split up. He was more into classic rock and was mostly free lance rather than working for one company. He use tell me about the shows he got to see and backstage meets.

I found a 2019 photo of David, he's now listed as a Record Company Executive.

[Reply]
srvy 12:56 AM 09-24-2020

[IMG][/IMG]

[Reply]
Randallflagg 01:15 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by Merde Furieux:
Yes, I couldn’t think of the name.
I love Rammstein as well

Yeah - Al Pitrelli, Paul O'Neil , John Oliva (RIP), Robert Kinkel, and Jeff Plate
[Reply]
Page 12 of 16
« First < 289101112 13141516 >
Up