ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>Coming in December on CBS all Access...
Randallflagg 01:09 PM 09-18-2020
https://www.esquire.com/entertainmen...date-spoilers/

'bout time!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:49 PM 09-18-2020
Are they actually going to do this well and will it actually have a !@#$ing ending, as opposed to the book?

Nothing in my life as a reader has ever frustrated me more than reading like 1,400 pages of the extended version of The Stand only to have it end like that.

Though my dad has cautioned me against taking up The Dark Tower series for that very reason. He says the conclusion just came right off the rails and told me not to bother.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:55 PM 09-18-2020
Man - I looked at the cast list for it and that's a HELL of a cast they put together. And some of them really do fit my mind's eye of the characters. Heard's too pretty to be Nadine but the rest of them fit damn well.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:37 PM 09-18-2020
FYI, CBS All Access is rebranding to Parmount Plus in early 2021, so don't freak out when you can't find CBS All Access on your smart device come January or February (in typical Paramount fashion, no actual release date has been set).
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:55 PM 09-18-2020
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=333303
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:58 PM 09-18-2020
God, I hope they change the ending to something that isn't the literal hand of God coming down out of the sky. If they're going to do that crap, I'd just as soon not watch.

However, the cast looks really good, and until the end I really liked the book.
[Reply]
hometeam 04:45 PM 09-18-2020
Looks promising, but at this point everything recent CBS has done is spun into some SJW lecture. Will have to see how this goes.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:05 PM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Are they actually going to do this well and will it actually have a !@#$ing ending, as opposed to the book?

Nothing in my life as a reader has ever frustrated me more than reading like 1,400 pages of the extended version of The Stand only to have it end like that.

Though my dad has cautioned me against taking up The Dark Tower series for that very reason. He says the conclusion just came right off the rails and told me not to bother.
I read the first three Dark Tower books and gave up on the fourth. It was awful. No idea how it ended. Don't care to know, either.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:08 PM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I read the first three Dark Tower books and gave up on the fourth. It was awful. No idea how it ended. Don't care to know, either.
You don’t want to know. Actually just read the first paragraph or so of the first book.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:23 PM 09-18-2020
The Detta Walker character was the Jar Jar Binks of fantasy literature.
[Reply]
chiefs1111 06:07 PM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
God, I hope they change the ending to something that isn't the literal hand of God coming down out of the sky. If they're going to do that crap, I'd just as soon not watch.

King wrote a whole new ending for this series.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:21 PM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by chiefs1111:
King wrote a whole new ending for this series.
So you're saying that there's a chance . . .
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:23 PM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

Repost
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:44 AM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
https://www.esquire.com/entertainmen...date-spoilers/

'bout time!
You don't even tell us what it is, not even a word. Make us click on a link. :-)

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Haven't read the books but now if I want to watch the series, I know it has a shit ending.:-)
[Reply]
Up