ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 94
« First < 333940414243 444546475393 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>UPDATE: Ford to 49ers for a 2020 2nd round pick. Official.
Dante84 06:19 PM 03-12-2019

More trade news: The #Chiefs are deep in talks with the #49ers on a trade for star pass-rusher Dee Ford, sources say. Things have escalated and this could get done by the end of the night. Ford needs to work out a new contract with SF, which is a big piece of this.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

The trade is essentially agreed to — Ford for a 2020 2nd round pick. That assumes the #49ers get a deal done with Ford. https://t.co/g4tYK2tWFh

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:41 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by cdcox:
He was a raw talent when we drafted him. A project that panned out. He’s on an upward trajectory with two seasons over 10 sacks. We have no replacement talent.
Dude, for a 1st round pick I better get more than a "raw talent" who needs major development, and who can't consistently be on the field/show up for games.

That MORON who had the audacity to compare Ford to D. Thomas must have missed that part of Thomas' career where he came in to the league destroying worlds and setting sack records in his SECOND FUCKING SEASON.

It would have been great had Ford proven himself tough, smart, and elite. But that is NOT what happened, and he is now traded at exactly the right time.
[Reply]
Warrick 11:42 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
https://twitter.com/nfldraftinsider/...867325952?s=21

Omenihu could be their ideal LEO
That's the player I'd love the Chiefs to draft... He reminds me of a great white shark thrashing his prey through the water.
[Reply]
-King- 11:42 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by tredadda:
And then next year?
And next year we either sign him or franchise him again and trade him. If he really is in it just for the money then he should have another great year.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:42 PM 03-12-2019
Too many people act like the Chiefs just won’t be able to win a Super Bowl once Mahomes gets paid. Kinda goofy honestly.

They had a TON of dead weight in contracts last year and still got to the AFCCG. They’re building this thing for long run too. That’s why a 2020 2nd round pick is very valuable to them.

And it’s also why Tyreek will be extended early to likely keep his cap hits in check over time, same with Mahomes.

This isn’t a 2 year window, it’s a 15 year window.
Exactly.

We've locked up the top offensive talent and we seem content to draft for defense. Perhaps exclusively to keep the cap numbers down.

I'm fine with that.

After this year we might part ways with Watkins anyway helping to save further $$$...
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:43 PM 03-12-2019
Too many people act like the Chiefs just won’t be able to win a Super Bowl once Mahomes gets paid. Kinda goofy honestly.

They had a TON of dead weight in contracts last year and still got to the AFCCG. They’re building this thing for long run too. That’s why a 2020 2nd round pick is very valuable to them.

And it’s also why Tyreek will be extended early to likely keep his cap hits in check over time, same with Mahomes.

Football will not be played in 2020.

If the Chiefs don't win it all this season, we're closing up shop and going in to the Hobo business.
[Reply]
-King- 11:45 PM 03-12-2019

Sure that's true. But look around the league and you'll see teams with franchise QBs clearly struggling to surround the QB with talent after paying him. Our prime window closes after Mahomes signs his contract. We can still win games and championships but it will be A LOT harder than it is now with him making punter money.
[Reply]
cdcox 11:46 PM 03-12-2019

Yes but you have to have the right pieces. Dan Marino, Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers are a few examples of QBs whose teams weren’t able to achieve dynasty status due to surrounding talent. We need to get this right in 2 years or the Spags hire was a mistake.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:47 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
He.
Could.
Have.
Played.
On.
The.
Franchise.
Tag.
Chiefs currently have $30+ million in the 2019 safety position...one of which may or may not even be able to play.

They just lost both starting pass rushers that collectively (along with Jones) led the NFL in sacks.

I'm not seeing the rush to ship Ford off either...they likely would have netted a 3rd round comp...which is the same value as a 2020 2nd. It created another draft hole to fill...they could have used another year of his services.

All I can assume is Veach has something in place to offset this loss? KC gained $16 mil...
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:47 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Warrick:
That's the player I'd love the Chiefs to draft... He reminds me of a great white shark thrashing his prey through the water.
Yep, I am TOTALLY down with Omenihu. His instincts and speed are remarkable.
[Reply]
-King- 11:48 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Exactly.

We've locked up the top offensive talent and we seem content to draft for defense. Perhaps exclusively to keep the cap numbers down.

I'm fine with that.

After this year we might part ways with Watkins anyway helping to save further $$$...
We were a snap away from going to the Superbowl. I'd rather see urgency and them trying to do whatever it took to get us over the top this year than try to set themselves up financially even though I acknowledge that it is important. This should be a fuck it...we're all in year like the Rams had last off season and unless we make big trades the next couple days, I don't see major improvements happening defensively.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:50 PM 03-12-2019
Sure that's true. But look around the league and you'll see teams with franchise QBs clearly struggling to surround the QB with talent after paying him. Our prime window closes after Mahomes signs his contract. We can still win games and championships but it will be A LOT harder than it is now with him making punter money.
In theory sure, but will it ever be harder than it was with that 2018 defense? It’s fair to wonder.

If they’re looking to move to a business model where they rely heavy on drafting and developing players through great coaching, I think that’s a fine idea. Especially on defense. It sounds like they’re going to try to manage these cap hits on guys like Hill efficiently by at least even loading them, if not front.

Also, you have to remember that once Mahomes does get paid, other QBs will get more. Even if they don’t deserve it, they just will because if they hit the open market and are any good at all, they’d get crazy money there (like Cousins).

So if Mahomes signs for $35M per year next season, you can bet that the Mayfield’s and Watson’s of the world can probably get $36M if they want it.
[Reply]
cdcox 11:52 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Dude, for a 1st round pick I better get more than a "raw talent" who needs major development, and who can't consistently be on the field/show up for games.

That MORON who had the audacity to compare Ford to D. Thomas must have missed that part of Thomas' career where he came in to the league destroying worlds and setting sack records in his SECOND ****ING SEASON.

It would have been great had Ford proven himself tough, smart, and elite. But that is NOT what happened, and he is now traded at exactly the right time.
Like it or not, raw talent is what you get late in the first round. Thomas was a top five pick who REALLY panned out. Even top five picks are not normally HOFers. That comparison was ridiculous.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:53 PM 03-12-2019
And next year we either sign him or franchise him again and trade him. If he really is in it just for the money then he should have another great year.
He got $88 million this year from SF. Would you be willing to pay close to $100 million for a guy who struggles to play an entire season? Sure we could tag him again and drop close to $20 million and hope for the best. We possibly could have traded him next year but I highly doubt we fetch more compensation for a guy who would be more expensive and a year older. We maxed out tonight for what we were ever going to get for him. We couldn’t trade Houston because of factors such as that and he is by far a better all around player than Ford.
[Reply]
New World Order 11:53 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Chiefs currently have $30+ million in the 2019 safety position...one of which may or may not even be able to play.

They just lost both starting pass rushers that collectively (along with Jones) led the NFL in sacks.

I'm not seeing the rush to ship Ford off either...they likely would have netted a 3rd round comp...which is the same value as a 2020 2nd. It created another draft hole to fill...they could have used another year of his services.

All I can assume is Veach has something in place to offset this loss? KC gained $16 mil...
Adding Ziggy would be a good start
[Reply]
cdcox 11:54 PM 03-12-2019
We were a snap away from going to the Superbowl. I'd rather see urgency and them trying to do whatever it took to get us over the top this year than try to set themselves up financially even though I acknowledge that it is important. This should be a **** it...we're all in year like the Rams had last off season and unless we make big trades the next couple days, I don't see major improvements happening defensively.
Wrong DC to make the push in 2019. The D rebuild will be a gut job — a multi year project. Hopefully it works.
[Reply]
Page 43 of 94
« First < 333940414243 444546475393 > Last »
Up