ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 94
« First < 323839404142 434445465292 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>UPDATE: Ford to 49ers for a 2020 2nd round pick. Official.
Dante84 06:19 PM 03-12-2019

More trade news: The #Chiefs are deep in talks with the #49ers on a trade for star pass-rusher Dee Ford, sources say. Things have escalated and this could get done by the end of the night. Ford needs to work out a new contract with SF, which is a big piece of this.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

The trade is essentially agreed to — Ford for a 2020 2nd round pick. That assumes the #49ers get a deal done with Ford. https://t.co/g4tYK2tWFh

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

[Reply]
htismaqe 11:28 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by cdcox:
He was a raw talent when we drafted him. A project that panned out. He’s on an upward trajectory with two seasons over 10 sacks. We have no replacement talent.
He was rehabbing an injury when they drafted him, actually.

And spent another season in 2017 with a different injury.

The only way you can say he was on an upward trajectory is if you flat out ignore his injury history.

He just got paid $90M. Did you want the Chiefs to pay him that?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:28 PM 03-12-2019
I think you’ve gotta put some faith in this new staff to get this unit rolling in the right direction.

They’ve got a lot of great coaches with experience that is extremely valuable. I think Brendan Daly has a great chance to get max value out of guys like Speaks and Kpassagnon. I think Matt House can get these linebackers playing fast and technically sound without thinking too much. Spags will undoubtedly be an upgrade over Sutton.

I’m excited to see what these guys put together.
[Reply]
Bwana 11:30 PM 03-12-2019
Excellent, now dump the spirit hobo and move on some players to help the defense. Mahomes will take care of the rest.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:30 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

The only way you can say he was on an upward trajectory is if you flat out ignore his injury history.

We clearly were not going to do that. If we didn't trade him we were going to tag him the one year and then let him walk.

So our choice was a 2nd round pick in 2020 or a possible 3rd round pick in 2021.

Which would you prefer?...
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:32 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
We clearly were not going to do that. If we didn't trade him we were going to tag him the one year and then let him walk.

So our choice was a 2nd round pick in 2020 or a possible 3rd round pick in 2021.

Which would you prefer?...
They got a 2nd round pick in 2020, $16M in cap space, and rid themselves of any risk associated with him getting hurt again.

It's a win-win. He gets paid, they don't have to worry about him anymore.

The 49ers will find out soon enough, I'm sure.
[Reply]
-King- 11:32 PM 03-12-2019

He.
Could.
Have.
Played.
On.
The.
Franchise.
Tag.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:32 PM 03-12-2019
https://twitter.com/nfldraftinsider/...867325952?s=21

Omenihu could be their ideal LEO
[Reply]
cdcox 11:33 PM 03-12-2019
And here is the thing: did we decide to hire Spags and he didn't like the talent or did we realize we were going to have to let go of the talent and then decide we might as well go with Spags now?

It's very likely our GM gave consideration to who we would and wouldn't resign before this offseason. He's the GM. Its' their job to think ahead...
Absolutely. Veach (and Reid) will be rightly judged over how the defense progresses over the next 2 years. By that time Kelce and Hill will be past their primes —still good years left but on the wrong side of up-and-coming. We’ve got to get this right in short order.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:33 PM 03-12-2019
They got a 2nd round pick in 2020, $16M in cap space, and rid themselves of any risk associated with him getting hurt again.

It's a win-win. He gets paid, they don't have to worry about him anymore.

The 49ers will find out soon enough, I'm sure.
Eye to eye on this one.

Moving on...
[Reply]
cdcox 11:35 PM 03-12-2019
The talent behind him is better suited to a 4-3 defense.

Is it 10 sacks good?

Probably not but we don't know yet...
What I saw last year was dogshit.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:35 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
He.
Could.
Have.
Played.
On.
The.
Franchise.
Tag.
And then next year?
[Reply]
Rausch 11:36 PM 03-12-2019
By that time Kelce and Hill will be past their primes —still good years left but on the wrong side of up-and-coming. We’ve got to get this right in short order.
Hill is only 25.
Kelcee is a TE and can be an effective TE as long as his body can take being an NFL player. It's not like he has to be the best TE in the game to be effective.

I don't think you realize that the Chiefs are currently one of the 5 youngest teams in the NFL and we should have been in the SB this past year...
[Reply]
Rausch 11:36 PM 03-12-2019
What I saw last year was dogshit.
It was.

And that's why the lead dog is gone...
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:39 PM 03-12-2019
Too many people act like the Chiefs just won’t be able to win a Super Bowl once Mahomes gets paid. Kinda goofy honestly.

They had a TON of dead weight in contracts last year and still got to the AFCCG. They’re building this thing for long run too. That’s why a 2020 2nd round pick is very valuable to them.

And it’s also why Tyreek will be extended early to likely keep his cap hits in check over time, same with Mahomes.

This isn’t a 2 year window, it’s a 15 year window.
[Reply]
cdcox 11:41 PM 03-12-2019

You were the high priest of preaching that players were more important than scheme last season. I agree with that. Do you want worse players?

It is a balance between finances and talent. Right now our finances are better but our talent is worse. Finances don’t win games.
[Reply]
Page 42 of 94
« First < 323839404142 434445465292 > Last »
Up