ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Nzoner's Game Room>4 Missouri Pitbulls attack FedEx Driver
HonestChieffan 08:52 AM 02-03-2024
Butler Missouri Police Department
·
On 01/25/2024 at approximately 1225 hours, Butler Officers were advised of a dog attack that had occurred at 616 W Ohio Street. The attack occurred when a FedEx delivery driver was attempting to deliver a package.

One Butler Officer responded to the Bates County Memorial Hospital to make contact with the victim who transported himself to the Emergency Room once he was able to escape from the dogs. Other Butler Officers responded to the residence in which the attack occurred.

The victim advised that when the resident of 616 W. Ohio Street opened the door to their residence, four pit bull dogs came out of the residence and attacked him. The victim sustained serious injuries as a result of the vicious attack and was transported to a trauma center in Kansas City after receiving initial treatment at the Bates County Memorial Hospital.

The Officers that responded to 616 West Ohio Street made contact with the owner of the dogs, identified as Dolan Rich. The Officers observed seven total dogs at the residence. The Officers took custody of the four dogs involved in the attack and transported them to the City of Butler kennel. Due to the danger that these vicious dogs presented to the community, they were humanely euthanized.

Dolan Rich received a total of 10 citations for Owning Vicious Dogs, Exceeding Animal Limit, Allowing Dogs to Run At Large, and Failure to Register Dogs. Other charges in relation to this incident are pending review from the Prosecuting Attorney at this time.
[Reply]
seamonster 09:07 AM 05-02-2024
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
Blu sends hugs.
I once had a black puerto rican pit with a massive scar down it's face. Sweetest dog I'd ever owned. Re-homed him when I got kids.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 04:29 PM 05-03-2024
Finding a new pitbull attack thread to read through is like pulling your jeans out of the dryer and discovering a ten dollar bill!
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:56 PM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by Lzen:
My BIL is a Fedex driver and I think he said he carries pepper spray. I don't know, man. Does that even work on a pack of bloodthirsty dogs like in the story above? Maybe bear spray would be a better option. :-)

sure. Probably overkill though. Dogs, like bears, have many more times the receptors in their nasal cavities that a human has. Makes them much more sensitive to things like pepper spray, iirc. So regular pepper spray should be more than adequate. Cheaper too.

The one advantage to bear spray, and you kind of touched on it, is the fact that the canister is much larger than normal, so if you are attacked by multiple dogs, you have more ammo, as it were.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up