ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 16
« First < 289101112 13141516 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Pro Day Updates
kccrow 01:00 PM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He’s going higher than you think.

Yea, his run blocking isn’t very good right now, but he’s a very good pass blocker with upside. He’s going to be valued higher than people currently have him (day 3) because of it.
I think a lot of these guys you keep promoting are going lower than you think. Not every guy that has a great pro day or gets media mention is just magically going to shoot up the boards. Most of these prospects are late day 2 or day 3 prospects with good athleticism and either has one good aspect to their game with a need for a shitload of coaching or they need a year or two to add strength.

Yes, some of them will eventually become good or even great starting offensive lineman in the NFL. Most aren't ready to come in and provide the Chiefs with anything day 1 and many never will. For every David Bakhtiari you find beyond round 1, there are 20 more Jason Spriggs that absolutely look the part but aren't.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:51 PM 03-31-2021
Remember when RunKC laughed at me for suggesting that Forsythe was a sleeper with starting LT upside that would be a great fit for the Chiefs?
Nobody said he wasn’t a good fit for the Chiefs. I said it would be a disaster if we only got him and Okung bc this kid would have to start games as a rookie developmental pick.

That’s fine for you. I guess I care more about health of our $500 million investment
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:52 PM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Nobody said he wasn’t a good fit for the Chiefs. I said it would be a disaster if we only got him and Okung bc this kid would have to start games as a rookie developmental pick.

That’s fine for you. I guess I care more about health of our $500 billion investment
I love how you just assume anybody not drafted in the top 40 cannot start day 1 but everybody drafted before that can.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:10 PM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I love how you just assume anybody not drafted in the top 40 cannot start day 1 but everybody drafted before that can.
How many LT’s drafted in the 3rd Rd or later were good last year?

Trey Pipkins
Alejandro Villanueva
David Bahktiari

Trent Brown
Charles Leno
Terron Armstead
Cornelius Lucas
Jordan Mailata* TBD

That’s how many I saw. So really only 3 proven good players. That’s a very small amount out of 32 teams.

There’s nothing wrong with wanting to take advantage of the best opportunity to fix a glaring problem.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:56 PM 03-31-2021

That’s fine for you. I guess I care more about health of our $500 million investment
:-)
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:03 PM 03-31-2021
Remember when RunKC laughed at me for suggesting that Forsythe was a sleeper with starting LT upside that would be a great fit for the Chiefs?
Maybe we can get our own Orlando Brown.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:16 PM 03-31-2021

Florida TE Kyle Pitts just posted an unofficial 4.44 40 at nearly 6-6 and 245 pounds.

Built in a lab.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) March 31, 2021

[Reply]
RunKC 01:24 PM 03-31-2021
25 starts at LT, 3 at RT and filled in at G.

I want a strong utility OL in the mid Rd’s that can grow this year and then start at RG next year. This Florida kid looks like an ideal fit for that
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:31 PM 03-31-2021

Dan Orlovsky on the @PatMcAfeeShow show today had some interesting quotes that he’s getting from guys in the know.

“Last guy in, first guy out.”

“I’ve heard there are some questions with Justin Fields’ work ethic.”

“Where is his desire to be a great quarterback?”

— Seth Steere (@SethSteere) March 31, 2021

[Reply]
RunKC 01:37 PM 03-31-2021
D'Ante Smith
Spencer Brown
Brady Christensen
Stone Forsythe

Would be happy with any one of these guys in the 4th rd. Not saying they’ll all be there but I think at least 1 will be
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:41 PM 03-31-2021
D'Ante Smith
Spencer Brown
Brady Christensen
Stone Forsythe

Would be happy with any one of these guys in the 4th rd. Not saying they’ll all be there but I think at least 1 will be
And you’re taking a LT at #31?
[Reply]
RunKC 01:55 PM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And you’re taking a LT at #31?
Yep

Get your long term LT and find your 2022 replacement for Remmers and/or Long
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:57 PM 03-31-2021
Yep

Get your long term LT and find your 2022 replacement for Remmers and/or Long
So what are you doing at LT in 2021?

Wait, are you saying you're going to take a RIGHT tackle at 31, play him at LT his rookie year and then move him to right tackle after that?

I thought you said you value the $500M QB?

That sounds like a great way to get him killed next season.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:19 PM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
So what are you doing at LT in 2021?

Wait, are you saying you're going to take a RIGHT tackle at 31, play him at LT his rookie year and then move him to right tackle after that?

I thought you said you value the $500M QB?

That sounds like a great way to get him killed next season.
Eichenberg is the only player available? When did that happen?

Good way to get your QB killed is signing Okung and having a 3rd rd project, Remmers or Niang (no LT experience) protecting your QB’s blindside when Okung goes on IR in October
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:52 PM 03-31-2021
So you’re fine with Eichenberg. The guy who’s head coach just said that he’s probably a RT if you’re looking for athleticism in your LT.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 16
« First < 289101112 13141516 >
Up