ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 61 of 79
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Should the Chiefs have drafted Watson over Mahomes?
Deberg_1990 01:08 PM 10-01-2017
Another strong game today for Watson. 3 TDs against the Titans so far.

Kid just seems to have 'It'.

Discuss.....
[Reply]
staylor26 08:49 PM 01-12-2020
Deshaun also is one of those QB’s that makes his OL look worse than it is by holding the hall too long
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:51 PM 01-12-2020
Watson looks that good despite having Bill OBrien as a Head Coach. The answer to the OP is a definitive no, but Watson is good.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:57 PM 01-12-2020
Watson is a top 5 QB and probably the 2nd best in the AFC. Unfortunately he plays in the same conference as Mahomes, so he’s screwed.

Charles Barkley was damn good too, but never won a championship bc Michael Jordan was in era.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:05 PM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Watson is a top 5 QB and probably the 2nd best in the AFC. Unfortunately he plays in the same conference as Mahomes, so he’s screwed.

Charles Barkley was damn good too, but never won a championship bc Michael Jordan was in era.
Pretty good comparison. It's kinda like the horse that was really damn fast but just happened to be the same age as Secretariat. Well damn.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 09:37 PM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I would agree but saying Watson is just fine or even 'good' is a bit disingenuous.

He's got a couple weaknesses, as do most QBs, but he's really not being placed in a situation that gives him the best chance to succeed. He's got a crap OL, no receivers outside of Hopkins, no TE, no RB (I guess Duke is a pretty good pass catcher) and a shitty defense.
Hyde had a 1000 yard season, so saying he doesn't have a RB is inaccurate.

He didn't have the kid from Texas Tech, Keke Coutee, who was a great 2nd/3rd option, and Fuller was coming off of a concussion.

I think that CP tears Watson down more than he deserves. I think it's a reflex from a time, before Mahomes, where we needed to tear other QBs down, so we didn't feel so badly about ours.

He is absolutely not as good as Mahomes. But honestly, who is?

I think if we had drafted Watson, we would be very happy with him. Watson didn't come to the Chiefs, Mahomes did. If it was swapped, Mahomes probably wouldn't be quite this good, and Watson would probably be a little better than he is now.

But, IDGAF about any other QB in this league. My team finally has an MVP QB, and the best QB in the NFL. And we deserve it.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:43 PM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Deshaun also is one of those QB’s that makes his OL look worse than it is by holding the hall too long
Sure, but I respect his desire to try to make a play. And his heroics in the pocket evading rushers today...wow.

I'm glad we don't need to face Lamar Jackson next week. It's exhausting containing someone like him.

Tannehill is mobile, cool, but we'll destroy him. He's not evasive.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:45 PM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Hyde had a 1000 yard season, so saying he doesn't have a RB is inaccurate.

He didn't have the kid from Texas Tech, Keke Coutee, who was a great 2nd/3rd option, and Fuller was coming off of a concussion.

I think that CP tears Watson down more than he deserves. I think it's a reflex from a time, before Mahomes, where we needed to tear other QBs down, so we didn't feel so badly about ours.

He is absolutely not as good as Mahomes. But honestly, who is?

I think if we had drafted Watson, we would be very happy with him. Watson didn't come to the Chiefs, Mahomes did. If it was swapped, Mahomes probably wouldn't be quite this good, and Watson would probably be a little better than he is now.

But, IDGAF about any other QB in this league. My team finally has an MVP QB, and the best QB in the NFL. And we deserve it.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
That was more in comparison to Mahomes' weapons. Watson had Carlos Hyde as his feature back, who would have been our 5th string RB. Our OL is better. Hill, Kelce, Watkins, Hardman >>>>>>>>>>>> Hopkins, Fuller, Coutee, Fells.

The bold is kind of what I'm getting at. Mahomes is definitely the better player IMO, but it isn't really a fair comparison.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:51 PM 01-12-2020
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
[Reply]
Skyy God 10:03 PM 01-15-2020
Rewatching the game right now (watched it at Arrowhead).

Seriously, Deberg, get ****ed.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:10 PM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I would take Deshaun over Lamar and Wentz.
I could understand if the Browns took Deshaun in 2017, because he was a very flashy prospect at the time
[Reply]
RunKC 10:25 PM 01-15-2020
It’s a sign that DeShaun does not have good coaching.
[Reply]
stevieray 10:31 PM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It’s a sign that DeShaun does not have good coaching.
curious, why the sig?
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:01 PM 01-15-2020
Lets quit using Bill O Brien as the scape goat for Deshaun Watson. Plenty of good QBs over come crap coaches. Also why does Bill get so much hate? Is it because hes a patriot douche? Hes been Houston's coach for 6 years and has only had 1 season that they weren't above .500 and that one season was Watson's rookie year. B.O.B had trash at QB before Watson, yet they still won games. Now that he has Watson he's had back to back double digit win seasons and back to back AFC South titles.

Now im not saying he's a great coach, but he's no where near as bad as people make him out to be. Hes not some huge weight on Deshauns heels holding him down. Deshaun is a really good qb, but watching that game on Sunday should be enough to show everyone that he's not anywhere close to the same level as Mahomes. Do any of you think if the roles were reversed that Mahomes would have went out there drive after drive and shit the bed over and over, just letting the game get out of reach. Thats not Bills fault, Deshaun just couldnt execute.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:03 PM 01-15-2020
Hell look at that one Frank Clark sack. He held the ball for a good 10+ seconds and just gets sacked.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 11:04 PM 01-15-2020
Honestly, DeShaun is really good.

IMO he’s the second best young quarterback in the league. The Texans have a really good one.

He’s not even on the same planet as Mahomes.
[Reply]
Page 61 of 79
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571 > Last »
Up