ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 34
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>TheDraftNetwork.com's mock draft machine is pretty great.
Direckshun 01:41 AM 01-15-2021
Try it out here.

Post your results.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:07 AM 02-06-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
What does drafting Vera-Tucker get us? We'd still have needs at C and OT.
Especially with LDT and Niang coming back next year. Rankin will help at OT, but he's not an anchor starter. I still say center in the first if we're dead set on line help, but as you and others have pointed out, the value just isn't there.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:10 PM 02-06-2021

Rashod Bateman
WR Minnesota
trade icon
KC

Dillon Radunz
OT North Dakota State
KC

Patrick Jones
EDGE Pitt
trade icon
KC

Quinn Meinerz
OC Wisconsin-Whitewater
KC

Daelin Hayes
EDGE Notre Dame
KC

Richard LeCounte
S Georgia
KC

Olaijah Griffin
CB USC
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:11 PM 02-06-2021
KC

Jayson Oweh
EDGE Penn State
KC

Liam Eichenberg
OT Notre Dame
KC

Dyami Brown
WR North Carolina
KC

Austin Watkins
WR UAB
KC

JaCoby Stevens
S LSU
KC

Darren Hall
CB San Diego State
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:08 PM 02-06-2021
Went into this draft under the assumption that the team believes that Rankin is their LT and Niang is their RT. Fisher can take a pay cut while rehabbing and we re-sign Remmers to be the swing tackle.

Bengals offered #38 and #69 for #32.

#38 - Terrace Marshall, WR, LSU
#64 - Josh Myers, OC, Ohio State
#69 - Jevon Holland, S, Oregon
#95 - Dayo Odeyingbo, DE, Vanderbilt
#131 - Daelin Hayes, DE, Notre Dame
#163 - Frank Darby, WR, Arizona State
#225 - Olaijah Griffin, CB, USC
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:40 PM 02-06-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Went into this draft under the assumption that the team believes that Rankin is their LT and Niang is their RT. Fisher can take a pay cut while rehabbing and we re-sign Remmers to be the swing tackle.

Bengals offered #38 and #69 for #32.

#38 - Terrace Marshall, WR, LSU
#64 - Josh Myers, OC, Ohio State
#69 - Jevon Holland, S, Oregon
#95 - Dayo Odeyingbo, DE, Vanderbilt
#131 - Daelin Hayes, DE, Notre Dame
#163 - Frank Darby, WR, Arizona State
#225 - Olaijah Griffin, CB, USC
I don't know about taking a safety that high, but I like the rest. I've researched most of those players and have also taken them in mocks in similar spots.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:52 PM 02-06-2021
Jevon Holland is one of the most versatile safeties in college football. He could literally play anywhere, he's a lot like Matthieu.

At worst, he'd be an instant upgrade over Sorenson on a rookie contract.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:19 AM 02-07-2021
Jevon Holland is one of the most versatile safeties in college football. He could literally play anywhere, he's a lot like Matthieu.

At worst, he'd be an instant upgrade over Sorenson on a rookie contract.
The Sorensen upgrade I'm into. That's why I picked Jacoby Stevens.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:19 PM 02-07-2021
KC

Jaelan Phillips
EDGE Miami (FL)
trade icon
KC

Liam Eichenberg
OT Notre Dame
KC

Amari Rodgers
WR Clemson
trade icon
KC

Kenny Yeboah
TE Mississippi
KC

Austin Watkins
WR UAB
trade icon
KC

Aaron Banks
OG Notre Dame
KC

Robert Rochell
CB Central Arkansas
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:47 PM 02-07-2021

Terrace Marshall Jr.
WR LSU
trade icon
KC

Liam Eichenberg
OT Notre Dame
KC

Quinn Meinerz
OC Wisconsin-Whitewater
KC

Marquez Stevenson
WR Houston
trade icon
KC

Daelin Hayes
EDGE Notre Dame
KC

JaCoby Stevens
S LSU
trade icon
KC

Robert Rochell
CB Central Arkansas
[Reply]
mkp785 11:31 PM 02-07-2021
I would love for us to be able to grab Rousseau in the end of the 1st, but that has no chance of happening. I think we can grab a top rated C in the 2nd so there's where I think we should absolutely look to strike-and save ourselves the Reiter price tag.

Kansas City Chiefs
Gregory Rousseau
EDGE, Miami

Kansas City Chiefs
Landon Dickerson
IOL, Alabama

Kansas City Chiefs
D'Wayne Eskridge
WR, Western Michigan

Kansas City Chiefs
Chatarius Atwell
WR, Louisville

Kansas City Chiefs
Brenden Jaimes
OT, Nebraska

Kansas City Chiefs
Josh Ball
OT, Marshall

Kansas City Chiefs
Kelvin Joseph
CB, Kentucky

Kansas City Chiefs
Joshua Ross
LB, Michigan
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:36 PM 02-07-2021
Hey Chris, I still can't believe you haven't commented on my last attempt.

I figured you'd be all over taking Humphrey and Radunz back to back. :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:09 AM 02-08-2021
Hey Chris, I still can't believe you haven't commented on my last attempt.

I figured you'd be all over taking Humphrey and Radunz back to back. :-)
where is it? I don't see it
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:11 AM 02-08-2021
Holy crap, PFN is fun. I went crazy with the trades. Buffalo offered me a package for #32 that included #61 as the highest pick. I instead opted for a trade with New England and Buffalo gave me another offer of #61, so I was able to trade down twice and get multiple late picks in return.

This should address the offensive line and more.

Creed Humphrey
OC Oklahoma
trade icon

Dillon Radunz
OT North Dakota State
trade icon

Jabril Cox
LB LSU

Marquez Stevenson
WR Houston
trade icon

Richard LeCounte
S Georgia
trade icon

Dazz Newsome
WR North Carolina
trade icon

Chauncey Golston
EDGE Iowa
trade icon

Janarius Robinson
EDGE Florida State

Jaylen Moore
OT Western Michigan
trade icon

Jonathon Cooper
EDGE Ohio State
trade icon

Tre Norwood
CB Oklahoma
ah. Missed it. I wouldn't complain at all for sure. HOWEVER, I do think interior line value is better in 3-4th. But yeah, if he's your guy, take him.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:40 AM 02-08-2021
I ran one today. Goal was to trade down and focus on:

OL (one tackle, C)
WR (need help there)
DE (need more pop opposite Frank)

I think the Chiefs best bet to add affordable talent in FA is at WR and DE, so OL becomes my draft focus in this one.

After two trades downs (Using PFN) offered TO me, I end up turning #31 into #s 46, 76, and 209 and the board just lines up perfectly for me. Jalen Mayfield and Teven Jenkins and Terrance Marshall Jr all on the board/available at 46.

2.46 - I take Jalen Mayfield, OT, Michigan as I gaze longingly at Marshall and sob. He has higher upside than Jenkins, and has a reasonable floor of excellent RT with reason to believe he can be above-average at LT.

I get a few offers at 63 and can't pass up getting 67 and 134 from Houston. I trade down to 69 from there and upgrade #130 to #105.

2.69 - after a lot of internal debate, I take DE Dayo Odeyingbo. This is a reach according to the current PFN board, but I think it's about right for him by draft day, and he's an ideal fit for KC.

3.76 - I reach again, according to PFN, to get Quinn Meinerz, C, Wisconsin-Whitewater. His Senior Bowl performance was outstanding. His power and ability to handle power and speed just shine for me. Should give KC a BIG boost inside.

3.94 - Marquez Stevenson, WR, Houston. Hopefully, I've lined up a WR line Marvin Jones in free agency, making this a developmental guy who can give KC some touches as WR 3/4 early on, before becoming the guy at X in year 2 or 3.

4.104 - Tommy Tremble, TE, Notre Dame I make up for not doing a huge upgrade at WR2 by making TE2 a lot better.

5.134 - Paulson Adebo, CB, Stanford Not sure what happened to his stock in his college season, but this is a long, versatile corner who fits well in KC.
5.162 - Janarius Robinson, DE, Florida State Another Spags' build guy, horribly coached in college with immense physical tools.
6.209 - Justin Hilliard, LB, Ohio State Speedy WLB type who has potential in coverage. Just seemed like BPA for KC here.
7.224 - Mustafa Johnson, DT, Colorado Quick interior rusher

I've got way more movement here than is probably realistic, but the way the top of the draft fell is ideal. If KC ends up sitting at 46 with two viable day 1 starting Ts on the board as well as one of Marshall, Bateman, and Toney, I'll feel pretty good about that position.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:20 PM 02-08-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I ran one today. Goal was to trade down and focus on:

OL (one tackle, C)
WR (need help there)
DE (need more pop opposite Frank)

I think the Chiefs best bet to add affordable talent in FA is at WR and DE, so OL becomes my draft focus in this one.

After two trades downs (Using PFN) offered TO me, I end up turning #31 into #s 46, 76, and 209 and the board just lines up perfectly for me. Jalen Mayfield and Teven Jenkins and Terrance Marshall Jr all on the board/available at 46.

2.46 - I take Jalen Mayfield, OT, Michigan as I gaze longingly at Marshall and sob. He has higher upside than Jenkins, and has a reasonable floor of excellent RT with reason to believe he can be above-average at LT.

I get a few offers at 63 and can't pass up getting 67 and 134 from Houston. I trade down to 69 from there and upgrade #130 to #105.

2.69 - after a lot of internal debate, I take DE Dayo Odeyingbo. This is a reach according to the current PFN board, but I think it's about right for him by draft day, and he's an ideal fit for KC.

3.76 - I reach again, according to PFN, to get Quinn Meinerz, C, Wisconsin-Whitewater. His Senior Bowl performance was outstanding. His power and ability to handle power and speed just shine for me. Should give KC a BIG boost inside.

3.94 - Marquez Stevenson, WR, Houston. Hopefully, I've lined up a WR line Marvin Jones in free agency, making this a developmental guy who can give KC some touches as WR 3/4 early on, before becoming the guy at X in year 2 or 3.

4.104 - Tommy Tremble, TE, Notre Dame I make up for not doing a huge upgrade at WR2 by making TE2 a lot better.

5.134 - Paulson Adebo, CB, Stanford Not sure what happened to his stock in his college season, but this is a long, versatile corner who fits well in KC.
5.162 - Janarius Robinson, DE, Florida State Another Spags' build guy, horribly coached in college with immense physical tools.
6.209 - Justin Hilliard, LB, Ohio State Speedy WLB type who has potential in coverage. Just seemed like BPA for KC here.
7.224 - Mustafa Johnson, DT, Colorado Quick interior rusher

I've got way more movement here than is probably realistic, but the way the top of the draft fell is ideal. If KC ends up sitting at 46 with two viable day 1 starting Ts on the board as well as one of Marshall, Bateman, and Toney, I'll feel pretty good about that position.
I would be ecstatic with this. I also like Rashad Weaver at around that #69 spot.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 34
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up