ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>RIP Chick Corea
Buddy Rich 03:10 PM 02-11-2021
http://fraservalleynewsnetwork.com/2...ck-corea-dies/
[Reply]
Frazod 03:18 PM 02-11-2021
Man, this place is like the grim reaper's playground lately. :-)

RIP
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:22 PM 02-11-2021
Loved his music
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:12 PM 02-11-2021
I absolutely love Chick Corea, especially his work with Return To Forever.

I was fortunate enough not only to meet and chat with him back in the 90's. He signed with Universal Music Publishing and came by the office several times, which was always a treat.

I also saw him live as a solo artist and with the amazing Dave Weckyl on drums. Chick was amazing.
[Reply]
|Zach| 10:19 PM 02-11-2021
79yo what a life. Bet there are amazing stories.

RIP. Love Spain.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 09:57 AM 02-12-2021
Saw Return to Forever in Rochester, NY, in 1982 or 83. They played most of "Romantic Warrior," my favorite RTF album. Brilliant musicianship.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:21 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Saw Return to Forever in Rochester, NY, in 1982 or 83. They played most of "Romantic Warrior," my favorite RTF album. Brilliant musicianship.
Who was their guitarist at the time? I really liked both Bill Connors and Al Di Meola, who was absolutely amazing but totally different than Connors.

Race With The Devil On Spanish Highway is still one of my favorites.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 02:52 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Who was their guitarist at the time? I really liked both Bill Connors and Al Di Meola, who was absolutely amazing but totally different than Connors.

Race With The Devil On Spanish Highway is still one of my favorites.
Di Meola
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 08:29 PM 02-12-2021
This is heartbreaking.

This was music my brothers introduced me to as teen. In turn, I introduced this music to my friends and acquaintances in those days. Looking back, it gave me such joy when another person would find it as enjoyable as I did. Loved Stanley Clarke.

That music was played on the old KY-102. I remember a Sunday night live show played on The King Biscuit Flower Hour. Pretty certain they played a couple of shows in KC in 76 or 77. Couldn’t score tickets though.

That’s some vinyl I’ll be listening to this weekend.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:10 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Di Meola
Awesome. I’m sure that was amazing.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 10:38 PM 02-12-2021
As I listen to this tonight, I’m reminded of what immense musical skill Chick Corea and all the members of this group possessed.

After that first listen I can remember thinking “Just what exactly happened here”? And played it again.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 10:44 PM 02-12-2021
I’m going to have to dig out the Weather Report and Mahavishnu Orchestra as well.
[Reply]
Up