ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>NBC: Trump fires John Bolton as national security adviser
Just Passin' By 10:13 AM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by :
President Donald Trump on Tuesday said he asked Bolton to resign after he "disagreed with many of his suggestions."

I informed John Bolton last night that his services are no longer needed at the White House. I disagreed strongly with many of his suggestions, as did others in the Administration, and therefore I asked John for his resignation, which was given to me this morning, Trump said on Twitter....
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...olton-n1051986
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:32 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
agree. Boltons help and perspectives will be missed. But Trumps ego needs more agreement than challenge.
Originally Posted by patteeu:
So it sounds like Bolton was too vociferous in his criticism of the plan to invite the Taliban to Camp David and Trump, who came up with the foolish idea in the first place, didn't like it.
These posts are the kind of stupid that both of you should be above.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 11:44 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
Great move by Trump, rectifies that disastrous mistake that was hiring Bolton.
Trump found the acorn.

[Reply]
Taco John 12:09 AM 09-11-2019
If I were to hazard a guess, Trump is about to make a big deal of some sort, and he no longer needs Bolton. To me, this is a clear sign that we're inching towards some sort of resolution.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 04:18 AM 09-11-2019
So it sounds like Bolton was too vociferous in his criticism of the plan to invite the Taliban to Camp David and Trump, who came up with the foolish idea in the first place, didn't like it.
I mean, this is probably why he was fired. Lucky thing.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 06:17 AM 09-11-2019
Trumps best moments are when he fires the idiots he originally hired
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 01:28 PM 09-11-2019

[Reply]
patteeu 01:30 PM 09-11-2019
Now that the guy playing Trump's backbone is out, how long will it be before Trump blinks in his standoffs with Iran or NK or China?
[Reply]
stevieray 01:36 PM 09-11-2019
Now that the guy playing Trump's backbone is out, how long will it be before Trump blinks in his standoffs with Iran or NK or China?
Let's see who his replacement is.
[Reply]
seamonster 03:20 PM 09-11-2019
The Neocon 17 year experiment has been about as bad of a PR failure as the USSR. They've wasted billions (on hair brained schemes), cost good lord knows how many human lives, and have nothing to show for it. Trump appeased these people with Bolton but they're not keeping up with the current state of affairs. China has taken over too much of Africa and has moved into strategic positions while they do more of this failed nation-building.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 03:28 PM 09-11-2019
Is it now your position that Trump was soft on those countries prior to the arrival of Bolton?

The historical timeline conclusively proves that to be wrong.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 03:44 PM 09-11-2019
how much more blinking could he be doing
[Reply]
Detoxing 03:46 PM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by Taco John:
If I were to hazard a guess, Trump is about to make a big deal of some sort, and he no longer needs Bolton. To me, this is a clear sign that we're inching towards some sort of resolution.
Yeah well your guesses are historically fucking shitty, so my guess would be you're completely wrong.
[Reply]
patteeu 04:00 PM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Is it now your position that Trump was soft on those countries prior to the arrival of Bolton?

The historical timeline conclusively proves that to be wrong.
No. My theory is that Trump uses beligerence (mostly in the form of talk) to bring an adversary to the negotiating table under favorable conditions where he thinks he can out negotiate them.

Once negotiations start, he's unpredictable IMO. That's when he starts singing his adversaries' praises and making excuses for them in order to maintain hope for a deal. As the election gets closer, a good deal will be harder to come by and I'm afraid that Trump's desire/desperation to make a deal will grow.

There are a lot of things I like about Trump and a democrat would be worse in almost every way, but when it comes to these big foreign policy issues (other than ISIS), Trump's MO is bluff and blink as far as I can tell. I hope he proves me wrong.
[Reply]
patteeu 04:03 PM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
how much more blinking could he be doing
He could actually make a bad deal. He's starting to look desperate for talks instead of just open to them though, which is a bad position to be in.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 06:21 AM 09-12-2019
Like paying Iran $15B to comply with the deal he pulled out of, the deal they were complying with until he pulled out?
[Reply]
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Up