ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Trump's loose lips - CIA was forced to exfiltrate a top russian asset in 2017
RodeoPants2 03:24 PM 09-09-2019
Having spies placed in Russia doesn't seem important at all

Originally Posted by :
The decision to carry out the extraction occurred soon after a May 2017 meeting in the Oval Office in which Trump discussed highly classified intelligence with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and then-Russian Ambassador to the US Sergey Kislyak. The intelligence, concerning ISIS in Syria, had been provided by Israel.

The disclosure to the Russians by the President, though not about the Russian spy specifically, prompted intelligence officials to renew earlier discussions about the potential risk of exposure, according to the source directly involved in the matter.
https://edition.cnn.com/2019/09/09/p...ted/index.html
[Reply]
NewChief 06:40 PM 09-09-2019
It would have gone something like this:

Trump gets an intel briefing on said asset.

Trump snaps a pic of said asset's photo from his dossier.

Trump is bored watching Fox at 2am while eating a bowl of ice cream and fires up twitter.

"See this guy here? He's a real hero and a true Russian friend of the United States. Not like my enemies. Sad." Attaches image.
[Reply]
mac459 06:46 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
I knew that one.

Of course, I took a course on it in college. :-)
No shit?

What was that class like?
[Reply]
alnorth 09:29 PM 09-09-2019
This is how valuable of an intelligence asset that Trump's dumb ass cost our nation.

2/Asset had risen to the highest levels of Russia’s national security infrastructure. US offered extraction months earlier during Obama administration, but asset refused. Asset’s information was crucial to IC assessment that Putin had directed election interference to favor Trump

— Jim Sciutto (@jimsciutto) September 10, 2019

[Reply]
patteeu 10:04 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by alnorth:
This is how valuable of an intelligence asset that Trump's dumb ass cost our nation.
Trump didn't make this decision.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:06 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Trump didn't make this decision.
It's Trumps fault a spy he had no knowledge of was exposed by a foreign government's spying operation.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:06 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by alnorth:

:-)

SHUT THE FUCK UP!
[Reply]
patteeu 10:13 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
It's Trumps fault a spy he had no knowledge of was exposed by a foreign government's spying operation.
I don't even think he was exposed. I think the conversation Trump had with the Russians about the Israeli intel had nothing to do with this source, but they're trying to tell us that the professionals at the CIA decided they couldn't trust that Trump wouldn't give him away in the future.

I call :-) on that. Trump is the elected decider, so if these underlings decided to pull a valuable asset they need to take responsibility for it, not blame their boss.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:04 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:

SHUT THE **** UP!
Really doesn’t seem funny at all.
[Reply]
ping2000 11:34 PM 09-09-2019
You keep misfiring.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 03:43 AM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
Let's shortcut this - if my title said "chose" instead of "forced" would you have similar objections?
“Sure, my post was wrong and dumb, but what if I totally change it!!!”

[Reply]
Easy 6 04:50 AM 09-10-2019
In a nearly unprecedented move, the CIA has come out and made it clear there is NO truth to any of this horseshit... so kindly go fuck yourself, panties
[Reply]
Coyote 05:23 AM 09-10-2019
“CNN's narrative that the Central Intelligence Agency makes life-or-death decisions based on anything other than objective analysis and sound collection is simply false."
— CIA Director for Public Affairs Brittany Bramell

“The extraordinary CIA rebuke came as The New York Times published a bombshell piece late in the evening, which largely contradicted CNN's reporting. According to the Times, CIA officials "made the arduous decision in late 2016 to offer to extract the source from Russia" -- weeks before Trump even took office.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/09/u...nt-russia.html
[Reply]
theoldcoach 06:09 AM 09-10-2019
Once again, an unnamed source with knowledge of the matter turns out to be.......CNN making shit up again.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 06:25 AM 09-10-2019

Columbus was a disaster of a human being.
You know jack and shit about history. Please don't pretend otherwise. It's embarrassing.

Columbus has a day named after him. You'll be forgotten within weeks of death, your biggest accomplishment being 'spammed a football message board about the US president".
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 06:27 AM 09-10-2019
Let's shortcut this - if my title said "chose" instead of "forced" would you have similar objections?
You say that as if 'forced' and 'chose' are synonyms and the distinction is somehow semantic.

They mean completely different things.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Up