ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 13
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>More Trump Corruption: Air Force Visits to Trump's scotland resort
RodeoPants2 02:01 PM 09-07-2019
The amount of money trump is fueling from the taxpayers to his businesses is staggering. I don't know why anyone believed him (about anything really) when he promised to drain the swamp, but he's the swampiest swamp creature in history.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...etreat-1484337

Originally Posted by :
In early Spring of this year, an Air National Guard crew made a routine trip from the U.S. to Kuwait to deliver supplies.

What wasn’t routine was where the crew stopped along the way: President Donald Trump’s Turnberry resort, about 50 miles outside Glasgow, Scotland.

Since April, the House Oversight Committee has been investigating why the crew on the C-17 military transport plane made the unusual stay — both en route to the Middle East and on the way back — at the luxury waterside resort, according to several people familiar with the incident. But they have yet to receive any answers from the Pentagon.

The inquiry is part of a broader, previously unreported probe into U.S. military expenditures at and around the Trump property in Scotland. According to a letter the panel sent to the Pentagon in June, the military has spent $11 million on fuel at the Prestwick Airport — the closest airport to Trump Turnberry — since October 2017, fuel that would be cheaper if purchased at a U.S. military base. The letter also cites a Guardian report that the airport provided cut-rate rooms and free rounds of golf at Turnberry for U.S. military members.

[Reply]
Coyote 12:39 PM 09-10-2019
Don’t know but my instinct is that the aircraft Commanders chose the stopover in accordance with contracted and authorized airports, lodging per diem rates, etc.

I used to use Shannon, Ireland for “trans-lanting” layovers to the ME, if we went that way. Had lots of restrictions so didn’t carry ordnance, far as they knew.....
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shannon_Airport

I admit to having a pint every now and then... Bottle to throttle rules maintained. Particularly when I flew with a buddy that grew up in Limerick. It was for “international relations”

The AMC/USAF began using Glasgow more and more several years ago. And they own or manage all air movements of people and stuff. Any airport wants these fuel and servicing contracts.

“The Trump property -- at $136 a night -- was less expensive than the Marriott property -- $161 a night -- and both were under the per diem rate of $166," Thomas said.”
https://www.military.com/daily-news/...lf-resort.html

This is most likely another politically based argument about a Wealthy President that owns all kinds of properties.

“While initial reviews indicate that aircrew transiting through Scotland adhered to all guidance and procedures, we understand that U.S. Service members lodging at higher-end accommodations, even if within government rates, might be allowable but not advisable," the Air Force said in its statement Sunday evening. "Even when USAF aircrews follow all directives and guidance, we must still be considerate of perceptions of not being good stewards of taxpayer funds that might be created through the appearance of aircrews staying at such locations."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/08/polit...rry/index.html
[Reply]
mlyonsd 12:48 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by Coyote:
Don’t know but my instinct is that the aircraft Commanders chose the stopover in accordance with contracted and authorized airports, lodging per diem rates, etc.

I used to use Shannon, Ireland for “trans-lanting” layovers to the ME, if we went that way. Had lots of restrictions so didn’t carry ordnance, far as they knew.....
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shannon_Airport

I admit to having a pint every now and then... Bottle to throttle rules maintained. Particularly when I flew with a buddy that grew up in Limerick. It was for “international relations”

The AMC/USAF began using Glasgow more and more several years ago. And they own or manage all air movements of people and stuff. Any airport wants these fuel and servicing contracts.

“The Trump property -- at $136 a night -- was less expensive than the Marriott property -- $161 a night -- and both were under the per diem rate of $166," Thomas said.”
https://www.military.com/daily-news/...lf-resort.html

This is most likely another politically based argument about a Wealthy President that owns all kinds of properties.

“While initial reviews indicate that aircrew transiting through Scotland adhered to all guidance and procedures, we understand that U.S. Service members lodging at higher-end accommodations, even if within government rates, might be allowable but not advisable," the Air Force said in its statement Sunday evening. "Even when USAF aircrews follow all directives and guidance, we must still be considerate of perceptions of not being good stewards of taxpayer funds that might be created through the appearance of aircrews staying at such locations."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/08/polit...rry/index.html
As is the norm 99% of the time this is another TDS infested thread.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:16 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
We arent allowed to save tax payer $ if that means Trump gains from it. :-)

Dude is donating his salary and people are bitching about $135 a night hotel stays at a previously DoD approved hotel. FFS the insanity knows no bounds.

Another example of why it's impossible to take these clowns seriously.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:42 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by Donger:
Sure he has:

an airport (which I do not own and have nothing to do with) near Turnberry Resort (which I do own) in Scotland, and filling up with fuel, with the crew staying overnight at Turnberry (they have good taste!). NOTHING TO DO WITH ME

but

The Trump Organization and President Trump himself have been directly involved in developing a partnership between his Turnberry golf resort in Scotland and Glasgow Prestwick Airport since 2014, according to The New York Times.

and

The Air Force announced days ago why they stayed at Trumps hotel, because it was the least expensive around... try reading Coyotes link at Military.com, and I wouldn’t have had to explain this to you
[Reply]
Donger 01:44 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
The Air Force announced days ago why they stayed at Trumps hotel, because it was the least expensive around... try reading Coyotes link at Military.com, and I wouldn’t have had to explain this to you
Yes, I know. What does that have to do with Prestwick Airport and the above?
[Reply]
Donger 01:51 PM 09-10-2019
I don't understand. Are you saying that you don't think that Trump said that he would help Prestwick Airport?
[Reply]
mlyonsd 02:18 PM 09-10-2019
I don't understand. Are you saying that you don't think that Trump said that he would help Prestwick Airport?
What does that have to do with this being a TDS infested thread?
[Reply]
Donger 02:41 PM 09-10-2019
What does that have to do with this being a TDS infested thread?
Well, where's the TDS?
[Reply]
Coyote 02:44 PM 09-10-2019
So is the point that in 2014- date of the linked article-private citizen and businessman Trump should not have partnered with a community airport for his aviation assets and each other’s mutual benefit?

From the article being referenced as the evidence of 2019 Presidential bad behavior:

“As part of the partnership, Trump and Prestwick will be offering transfers via the Trump helicopter, executive cars or private hire to the resort, which is about 20 miles south of the airport.
Iain Cochrane, chief executive of Prestwick Airport, said: "We are very excited to be working closely with the Trump Organisation going forward and are delighted that Prestwick has been chosen to be the European base for the Trump Sikorsky helicopter.
"Forging a new partnership between the airport and the Trump Organisation will undoubtedly be mutually beneficial to both parties. However, it will also bring significant opportunities for the region as more inbound visitors travel to visit the legendary Trump Turnberry Resort."
[Reply]
Donger 02:51 PM 09-10-2019
So is the point that in 2014- date of the linked article-private citizen and businessman Trump should not have partnered with a community airport for his aviation assets and each other’s mutual benefit?

From the article being referenced as the evidence of 2019 Presidential bad behavior:

“As part of the partnership, Trump and Prestwick will be offering transfers via the Trump helicopter, executive cars or private hire to the resort, which is about 20 miles south of the airport.
Iain Cochrane, chief executive of Prestwick Airport, said: "We are very excited to be working closely with the Trump Organisation going forward and are delighted that Prestwick has been chosen to be the European base for the Trump Sikorsky helicopter.
"Forging a new partnership between the airport and the Trump Organisation will undoubtedly be mutually beneficial to both parties. However, it will also bring significant opportunities for the region as more inbound visitors travel to visit the legendary Trump Turnberry Resort."
No. For me, there are two points:

1) Did Trump, either directly or indirectly through an aide, said that this should happen, it needs to be ascertained. If he's doing that, it's not acceptable for him to basically subsidize the local airport in order to keep it afloat.

2) He lied about it above.
[Reply]
Coyote 03:49 PM 09-10-2019
So this is another complaint about a Tweet?

How would you “ascertain” what you seek?

The linked article doesn’t show the lie claim. However I think I am now tracking by going back several posts. This whole story wasn’t on my radar.

President Trump only provides clarity in documents requiring his signature. Deciphering Trump-speak, tweets or his verbal guidance is a fool’s errand.

Many try. Drives many military and former military clarity seekers crazy. Besides those looking for fibs at every turn. There’s something for everyone to parse in the specifics of his comms not requiring his signature. I understand it was always that way in his businesses as well.
[Reply]
Donger 03:54 PM 09-10-2019
So this is another complaint about a Tweet?

How would you “ascertain” what you seek?

The linked article doesn’t show the lie claim. However I think I am now tracking by going back several posts. This whole story wasn’t on my radar.

President Trump only provides clarity in documents requiring his signature. Deciphering Trump-speak, tweets or his verbal guidance is a fool’s errand.

Many try. Drives many military and former military clarity seekers crazy. Besides those looking for fibs at every turn. There’s something for everyone to parse in the specifics of his comms not requiring his signature. I understand it was always that way in his businesses as well.
No, it's another complaint about another lie.

It could be ascertained by an investigation, which I believe is already under way.
[Reply]
Coyote 04:05 PM 09-10-2019
This “lie” was in a tweet, yes?
A politically based (Congressional committee) or Special Prosecutor investigation?
[Reply]
Bob Dole 04:10 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
Or suggested, similar to the way Trump suggested Pence stay at his place in Ireland that was 180 miles from where Pence was working.

When the air force diverts substantially from it's usual plan, to re-fuel at a more expensive location and patronize the president's business, there needs to be a very good reason. There doesn't appear to be.
Trump owns the airport?
[Reply]
mlyonsd 04:14 PM 09-10-2019
Well, where's the TDS?
Where's the proof Trump ordered the Air Force to use the airport and his resort?
[Reply]
Page 4 of 13
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up