ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 540 of 2688
« First < 40440490530536537538539540 54154254354455059064010401540 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Coogs 09:44 AM 12-02-2017
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt...187530158.html

Long article, good stuff.

Patrick is staying away from the media on purpose, sent in security to get his backpack so he wouldnt be asked any questions.

Dont know if that was per coaching staff or his own doing though.
Very good article!

I agree with Grunhard's points. I think you can see guys are starting to choose sides... even if they won't admit it... just like the guys did in the Gannon/Grbac debate.

And i also agree that the team could respond to a different voice in the huddle, just like it happened when Gannon came in 20 years ago.

It's time to see if history could repeat itself.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:16 PM 12-02-2017
Originally Posted by Coogs:
I agree with Grunhard's points. I think you can see guys are starting to choose sides... even if they won't admit it... just like the guys did in the Gannon/Grbac debate.
I don't think this is a Grbac/Gannon situation, because Alex has virtually no chance of being on the roster next year.

I think the team knows the situation exactly:

1. Alex isn't being benched.
2. Alex isn't going to be here next season.

And it shows in their play. They know the situation is mostly hopeless at this juncture barring a complete reversal of a 33-year old game manager's career trend.

No one in that locker room is lobbying for Pat, because they know this is Alex Smith's team, no matter what happens.

And that is depressing, and it is clearly affecting their play.

They are just playing out the string.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:34 PM 12-02-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I don't think this is a Grbac/Gannon situation, because Alex has virtually no chance of being on the roster next year.

And it shows in their play. They know the situation is mostly hopeless at this juncture barring a complete reversal of a 33-year old game manager's career trend.

No one in that locker room is lobbying for Pat, because they know this is Alex Smith's team, no matter what happens.

I'd like to come in here and blast your post with statements saying how they're pros, they have pride, they'd never do anything like that, on and on....

But actions speak louder than words, and the Chiefs have shown absolutely zero on the field since the Stealers and Raiders ripped their souls out. If they drop another egg against the Jets, I think your post will 100% represent what's happening with this team.
[Reply]
O.city 01:38 PM 12-02-2017
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I'd like to come in here and blast your post with statements saying how they're pros, they have pride, they'd never do anything like that, on and on....

But actions speak louder than words, and the Chiefs have shown absolutely zero on the field since the Stealers and Raiders ripped their souls out. If they drop another egg against the Jets, I think your post will 100% represent what's happening with this team.
When you make a big trade up for a qb and it goes down like it did, that’s always a possibility.

They talked out of both sides of their mouth regarding the qb position and players seems to be reacting that they fucked it up
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:51 PM 12-02-2017

As fans we are incredibly, incredibly frustrated with the QB, for legitimate reasons.

How depressing must it be to actually play with him, and see him miss TWO wide open receivers for TDs on one play?

Human nature sets in.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:53 PM 12-02-2017
Well, if this display from our offense continues and Andy DOESN'T make the change then he's just not doing his job.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:06 PM 12-02-2017
Can you imagine being in the offensive line meetings or the WR meetings where all of those players are slammed daily by the fans and the media because it is their fault and not Alex Smith's fault?
[Reply]
R Clark 02:09 PM 12-02-2017
Who said it was there fault?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:11 PM 12-02-2017
Originally Posted by R Clark:
Who said it was there fault?
Buttfucking morons on here, twitter and in the media.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 02:27 PM 12-02-2017
Watch Kelce's routes again. He thinks he's open, but he has to do a better job of letting alex know. He can't complain if he doesn't make his openness obvious to his QB.

Something like this:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:41 PM 12-02-2017
:-)
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:41 PM 12-02-2017

Yes. This. THANK YOU for seeing it, getting it, and advocating the truth of it.

I've said a million fucking times that one of the main ingredients that makes a successful TEAM, is the give and take, the tin and yang, between all three phases. For YEARS, defense and ST carried that fucking turd, and worked their fucking ASSES OFF TO TRY AND GET THAT USELESS SHIT-HEEL OVER THE GODDAMNED HUMP.

But they can't do it all. And when you're missing key players on the defense? It's going to ALL FALL APART.

There are two main reasons I fucking HATE Alex Smith:

1) His retread status. You could have brought Brady, and I would have hated that fucking trade too. I am dead goddamned serious. The Chiefs have been pulling that stupid shit for DECADES, and guess what?

IT DOESN'T.

FUCKING.

WORK.

Thank GOD we have reached the end of that particular road.

2) As outlined above. I will NOT have, at the most important position on the field, some fucking SCHLUB who has to be carried along, and who has to have an imaginary, perfect roster where everything is juuuuuuuuuust right like motherfucking Goldilocks and the Three Bears, for the useless turd to be effective.
Fuck that shit.

Buttfucking morons on here, twitter and in the media.

[Reply]
Coogs 06:59 PM 12-02-2017

Even though it isn't like Gannon/Grbac, guys are clearly choosing sides... even if they are not voicing their opinions. They body language screams it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:09 PM 12-02-2017
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Even though it isn't like Gannon/Grbac, guys are clearly choosing sides... even if they are not voicing their opinions. They body language screams it.
I disagree. Their body language doesn't scream "put in Mahomes," it screams "whatever." They're defeated. Because Mahomes isn't an option. They have no hope he's going in.

That's what the rest of this season is with Alex. "Whatever."
[Reply]
RunKC 07:21 PM 12-02-2017
Kelce and Peters left after the game in Buffalo without speaking to a single media member. They're sick of this.

Everyone on the team has consequences except Alex right now and it's clearly pissing them off.
[Reply]
Page 540 of 2688
« First < 40440490530536537538539540 54154254354455059064010401540 > Last »
Up