ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 44 of 2688
« First < 344041424344 4546474854941445441044 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
O.city 11:51 AM 04-29-2017
He ain't sitting for 2 years. That's 2 years of cost controlled value. If he needs to sit for more than a year, it's a disastrous trade up.

So no, Mahomes is your starter next year
[Reply]
DRM08 11:52 AM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
He ain't sitting for 2 years. That's 2 years of cost controlled value. If he needs to sit for more than a year, it's a disastrous trade up.

Aaron Rodgers sat for 3 years and was probably the more polished QB coming out of college compared to Mahomes. Pat has all the talent in the world, but he needs a lot of work behind the scenes.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 11:53 AM 04-29-2017
Maclin and Smith have a shared interest to play lights out this year like they did in 2015. Kelce has Smith's back as we already know. Tyreek isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed and his suggestion on twitter that we are already moving on to something 'better' is both immature and short-sighted, I hope he does not become a source of locker room drama this season especially given that this team took a chance on him after punching that girl, so he better keep his mouth shut. From what I can see, Maclin and Conley are not the most fond of Tyreek's self-centered behavior but they can work around it without causing a fuss and acknowledge he's a freak athlete.
[Reply]
O.city 11:55 AM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Aaron Rodgers sat for 3 years and was probably the more polished QB coming out of college compared to Mahomes. Pat has all the talent in the world, but he needs a lot of work behind the scenes.
If he sits foe 3 years, after his forst year starting you've gotta make decisions in the 5th year option.

3 years isnt an option. 2 years isn't really either.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 11:55 AM 04-29-2017

We aren't paying for a 2018 1st round salary so Mahomes' salary has very little impact. Maclin if he doesn't produce can be cut which saves us 9 mil in cap. This in addition to all of the other players I mentioned earlier that are possible releases. Besides, what the hell are we looking to pay for in 2018 that we don't already have? Dorsey will build what he needs thru the draft and maybe sign 1 or 2 good value free agents.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:56 AM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
According to who? You just don't hand the keys to the car over to a 22 year old who went 0-8 against ranked opponents because you are looking to save some money at the cost of going from 12-13 wins to 7-9 wins. Mahomes' mechanics and decision-making need a ton of work, still needs to learn the offense ..so one year isn't going to cut it. Unless Dorsey is complacent with 2018 being an experimental year, the goal is to go into 2019 with a seamless transition without giving up control of the division.
The Chiefs aren't paying a 34-year old limpdick Alex Smith 20 million in 2018 to throw 10 TD passes, when they can cut him and save 17 million.

They're moving on. And so should you.

The Kansas City Chiefs are Patrick Mahomes' team now.

Suck it.
[Reply]
Bewbies 11:57 AM 04-29-2017
If he sits foe 3 years, after his forst year starting you've gotta make decisions in the 5th year option.

3 years isnt an option. 2 years isn't really either.
If he sits for 3 years and spend the next 12 as Aaron Rodgers I know I'd be pissed off. Wasted pick.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:57 AM 04-29-2017
The more film I watch the more convinced I am that they see him as a 2 year project. Bray is the #2 this season so for Mahomes to jump from #3 to #1 after one season seems like a reach. The 2018 cap situation looks fine when you look at who we may lose to free agency. We can save a lot of money losing guys like Jah Reid, Parker, Hali, DJ, and can easily afford to keep Smith by restructuring him and spreading that burden as a dead cap into 2019. Remains to be seen how we handle the Bailey situation who is set for an 8 million pay day too. We also won't be paying a salary for a 1st round pick in 2018.
:-) You're such a bitter bitch.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:58 AM 04-29-2017
Maclin and Smith have a shared interest to play lights out this year like they did in 2015. Kelce has Smith's back as we already know. Tyreek isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed and his suggestion on twitter that we are already moving on to something 'better' is both immature and short-sighted, I hope he does not become a source of locker room drama this season especially given that this team took a chance on him after punching that girl, so he better keep his mouth shut. From what I can see, Maclin and Conley are not the most fond of Tyreek's self-centered behavior but they can work around it without causing a fuss and acknowledge he's a freak athlete.
Hopefully Tyreek doesn't get himself cut with this kind of behavior. Mahomes' 80 yard range plus Tyreek's speed is a scary combination, but we need Tyreek to stick around a few years before that connection can happen. Pat is not ready and needs time to learn quietly behind the scenes.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:58 AM 04-29-2017
Yeah, Kelce totally has Smith's back.... ---> https://twitter.com/tkelce/status/858126904288657408

These guys aren't stupid. They know that Mahomes has a chance to be the guy who gets them over the hump.

You have to open your eyes dude. For all of the talk about trusting Dorsey that you have spewed, you are questioning the 17 spot trade up for the QBOTF... he will play in 2018.
[Reply]
O.city 11:59 AM 04-29-2017
We aren't paying for a 2018 1st round salary so Mahomes' salary has very little impact. Maclin if he doesn't produce can be cut which saves us 9 mil in cap. This in addition to all of the other players I mentioned earlier that are possible releases. Besides, what the hell are we looking to pay for in 2018 that we don't already have? Dorsey will build what he needs thru the draft and maybe sign 1 or 2 good value free agents.
They aren't paying a vet qb 20 mil when they just traded up for their guy.

Scapegoating Maclin isn't gonna help Smith any. Unless he has a big year this year, 2017 will be the last year Smith spends in a chiefs jersey and even then, he'll likely be traded.

With Mahomes on a rookie deal and cutting and saving from Smith, they can lock down Peters and look at bringing guus to help get them over the top.
[Reply]
O.city 12:00 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
If he sits for 3 years and spend the next 12 as Aaron Rodgers I know I'd be pissed off. Wasted pick.
If he sits 3 years, you're gonna have to determine the fifth year option and or a long term contract for a qb after seeing him play 1 year. Essentially his rookie year.

That's not gonna happen.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 12:02 PM 04-29-2017
If he is healthy and continues to have a better year than the previous as he has done each season then he will be the starter going into 2018. If he can be the starter for the entire 2018 season is the more plausible scenario we should be debating, we are better off handing the keys over to Mahomes while Smith can coach him. If Smith is playing below expectations in 2018 then he will defer the job as he did in San Fran without a fuss. That's the benefit of having a class-act as your QB. Harbaugh even said that having Smith mentor Kaep was the best thing for the kid's development. Gigabytes, bro.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 12:04 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Hopefully Tyreek doesn't get himself cut with this kind of behavior. Mahomes' 80 yard range plus Tyreek's speed is a scary combination, but we need Tyreek to stick around a few years before that connection can happen. Pat is not ready and needs time to learn quietly behind the scenes.
Same goes for Robinson. The dumbass hasn't seen the field yet and his post was immature shit that should not be coming from a player riding the pine when he referred to the 'hot hand' controversy that came about between Kaep and Smith.

https://twitter.com/honeythunder14/s...67290699481088
[Reply]
O.city 12:06 PM 04-29-2017
So we're grtting back to twitter leaders and shit I guess
[Reply]
Page 44 of 2688
« First < 344041424344 4546474854941445441044 > Last »
Up