ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 17
« First < 71314151617
Nzoner's Game Room>Maryland's Key Bridge collapses after it was struck by a container ship
ShowtimeSBMVP 02:22 AM 03-26-2024

Shocking footage. Maryland's Key Bridge collapses after it was struck by a container ship.

pic.twitter.com/u8xXrhICJu

— Rita Panahi (@RitaPanahi) March 26, 2024

SITUATION REPORT: BALTIMORE BRIDGE COLLAPSE

- At 1:28 a.m. ET, a large container ship struck the Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore.

- Large parts of the bridge immediately collapsed, sending multiple vehicles into the water, including a group of construction workers.

-… pic.twitter.com/QGHPeCyQLR

— BNO News (@BNONews) March 26, 2024

[Reply]
Gravedigger 08:06 AM 03-28-2024
So I saw this article yesterday morning, videos on Twitter etc. and then I saw in the KC Star, the plans to build the Rock Island Bridge district here in KC and I'm like, "I will not be going to that place with any big boats around ever." I'll go see it when it opens, but its hard not to have this Baltimore event in the back of your mind if some jackass accidentally, or purposefully, takes out a structure under the bridge.
[Reply]
loochy 11:51 AM 04-03-2024
So did Rashee Rice make this bridge disaster look like child's play or what?
[Reply]
seamonster 02:23 PM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58:
I meant to cause bridge to just collapse

Ships have done damages before, but I’ve never seen so much of a bridge just collapse into the water from being hit by a ship.
That's because it's rare. These ships have redundancies to avoid blindly careening into random victims in waterways. This looks like a situation where whoever was piloting that ship had no idea what the fuck they were doing.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 02:27 PM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by seamonster:
That's because it's rare. These ships have redundancies to avoid blindly careening into random victims in waterways. This looks like a situation where whoever was piloting that ship had no idea what the **** they were doing.
The ship lost power at the worst possible time, last I heard.
[Reply]
seamonster 02:29 PM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
The ship lost power at the worst possible time, last I heard.
They have redundancies in 1000 foot long container ships, especially with steering. I spoke with somebody who's gone through a maritime university and is knowledgeable on this class of ship and I was told that they even normally have staff in the lower compartments that can steer the ship if the main area (wheelhouse?) is disabled. Simplest explanation is whoever was piloting that ship wasn't prepared for the unprepared.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:37 PM 04-03-2024
have we arrested any Russians or towel heads for this catastrophe yet?
[Reply]
ThrobProng 02:38 PM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by seamonster:
They have redundancies in 1000 foot long container ships, especially with steering. I spoke with somebody who's gone through a maritime university and is knowledgeable on this class of ship and I was told that they even normally have staff in the lower compartments that can steer the ship if the main area (wheelhouse?) is disabled. Simplest explanation is whoever was piloting that ship wasn't prepared for the unprepared.
You would think, but maybe they do things differently (worse) in Singapore.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 17
« First < 71314151617
Up