ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 487 of 791
« First < 387437477483484485486487 488489490491497537587 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:57 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Red Beans:
It will be terrible if our defense were to drop several spots in the overall ranking. Oh wait. That's fucking impossible. One spot, we could be one spot worse. It ain't rocket science junior, we were the bottom of the barrel last year.
You do realize that we could field a high school team out there and we’d only drop one spot! Isn’t that grand?! But we’d be the worst defense in the history of football by a factor of 10 and we’d go 0-16. Even with Mahomes.

The idea that our downside is limited because we were the 31st ranked defense is a fundamental misunderstanding. This is like basic rocket science, junior.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:59 PM 03-13-2019
Darby would be good for a bounce back contract. Even 1 year is fine. I feel like he won’t break the bank but that’s just me
[Reply]
staylor26 04:00 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Darby would be good for a bounce back contract. Even 1 year is fine. I feel like he won’t break the bank but that’s just me
I’d prefer 2 years, but 1 wouldn’t be bad either.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:00 PM 03-13-2019
If they sign Darby, the secondary is looking pretty decent. Not complete, but not really any glaring holes.
[Reply]
O.city 04:00 PM 03-13-2019
I wouldn't do a 1 year deal, go 2 atleast. You get no value on a 1 year one, plus he's coming off an ACL tear in what, NOvember?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:01 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And no one knows what he’s asking.
What would you offer?

Let's say he wants Justin Coleman's deal? 4 years, $36 million that will turn into 2 years, $18 million if it goes to shit.

Too much? Would you go higher?

If it's too much, how 'bout Robert Alford's deal; 3/$22.5 that can be 1/$9 million if it goes tits up.

We don't know what he's asking but we can reasonably decide what we'd be willing to offer. What say you?
[Reply]
staylor26 04:02 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
If they sign Darby, the secondary is looking pretty decent. Not complete, but not really any glaring holes.
Definitely gives us the flexibility to go DE or LB in round 1.
[Reply]
O.city 04:02 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Definitely gives us the flexibility to go DE or LB in round 1.
or TE

:-)
[Reply]
O.city 04:03 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
What would you offer?

Let's say he wants Justin Coleman's deal? 4 years, $36 million that will turn into 2 years, $18 million if it goes to shit.

If it's too much, how 'bout Robert Alford's deal; 3/$22.5 that can be 1/$9 million if it goes tits up.

We don't know what he's asking but we can reasonably decide what we'd be willing to offer. What say you?
Fuck it man, we got money, lets spend it.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 04:03 PM 03-13-2019
So here's my question and I'll concede I'm pulling this from my ass:

Player A) C+ player that will play 16 games at a C+ level
Player B) B+ player that will play 10-12 games at a B+ level but MIGHT give you 14-16 or might give you those games in the post-season.

With a roster that has 1 clearly credible starting CB in Fuller and another guy who gave us a lot of reasons to believe he can be a solid CB in Ward, not to mention 3 top 65 picks in a draft that is very deep CBs, why do you prefer player A?

Lets call player A Bryce Callahan. I honestly think Player A is Trae Waynes but I think Callahan is probably more of a consensus 'C+ healthy player'

Why is Callahan a better guy to have when you know his ceiling isn't that great? When you know that if Fuller plays to his ability and we have a developmental CB in Ward, not to mention an obvious route to another good developmental CB to put in there with him? Callahan could easily be your 4th best CB by December.

Isn't taking the risk on the possibility of a higher ceiling player EXACTLY what we should be doing at that position right now?
Great post. I'm all for snagging him and then drafting a guy to compete with Ward for the *other* starting outside position, leaving Fuller in his natural slot position
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:04 PM 03-13-2019
Wouldn't want a 1 year deal.

If he wants a short term guarantee I'd look to structure a 3 year deal similarly to what Alford got. Alford has $9 million in guarantees and if everything goes south, he's still wealthy.

And if I'm gonna take that risk, if everything DOESN'T go south, I want 3 years of cost-controlled player at a bit of a discount.

If that means 3/$27 structured like Alford's, I can probably live with that. Again, all depending on the medicals.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 04:04 PM 03-13-2019
I'd guess Darby would get something similar to honeybadger
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:05 PM 03-13-2019
What would you offer?

I’m fine with Coleman’s deal as long as we can get out after 3 if we need too.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:05 PM 03-13-2019
Rapaport just said he thinks we have a great shot. I think this happens tonight
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 04:07 PM 03-13-2019
Rapaport just said he thinks we have a great shot. I think this happens tonight
Man, I hope so.
[Reply]
Page 487 of 791
« First < 387437477483484485486487 488489490491497537587 > Last »
Up