ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 20
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>WHITLOCK: ANDY REID AND KC WILL EVENTUALLY SEND ‘BAD BOY’ LE’VEON TO DEATH ROW
Hammock Parties 10:19 AM 10-16-2020
:-)

https://www.outkick.com/andy-reid-an...-to-death-row/

Originally Posted by :
Chiefs coach Andy Reid and team general manager Brett Veach are the Notorious B.I.G. and Puff Daddy of the NFL.

They’re the head of Bad Boy Football. Can’t nobody hold them down. They love giving nasty boys one more chance. They believe in mo players no problems. Reid and Veach are close like Starsky and Hutch and the KC offense hypnotizes me.

Why am I quoting BIG and Puff and analogizing them to the leaders of the defending Super Bowl champions?

Thursday, the Chiefs signed bad boy running back Le’Veon Bell to a one-year contract, and it makes me nervous.

You see, Bell, to me, isn’t bad meaning good, he’s bad meaning bad. He’s a locker-room cancer. He’s poison. In pursuit of cash, he bulldozed his way out of an ideal situation in Pittsburgh, where on the field he meshed perfectly with Ben Roethlisberger and Antonio Brown. Bell landed in New York, where he flamed out with the Jets after playing in just 19 games. Owing him an additional $6 million, the Jets cut Bell on Tuesday rather than deal with his bad attitude.

In football, you can’t have a problem with bad boys. The game is best played by them. But you have to pick the right bad boys, the ones who absolutely love the game. That’s my gripe with Le’Veon. I don’t think he loves the game. He loves the financial windfall the game provides him because he’s good at it.

Let’s take Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill. He can be classified as a bad boy. He’s had some serious off-the-field issues. You know what motivates him to evolve and do better? His love of the game.

Remember when Andy Reid, as head coach of the Eagles, rescued Michael Vick from a federal prison and turned him back into a playmaker? It worked because Mike Vick loves football. That’s also the reason Vick turned into a tremendous leader in the Philly locker room.

Bad boys can turn good. One of my all-time favorite people and players is Ravens legend Ray Lewis. Early in his career, Ray was involved in a murder investigation. He pled guilty to a misdemeanor charge of obstructing justice. Ray loved the game and God. He wanted to be regarded as one of the all-time, all-time greats. He leaned into his faith and became arguably the greatest leader in NFL history. He’s right there with Tom Brady in terms of leadership.

I don’t have a problem with bad boys. In some respects, I was one myself years ago.

My problem is with unrepentant bad boys. This is why I’m skeptical of my Chiefs tying any part of their success to Le’Veon Bell.

Bell is the kind of running back Suge Knight and Death Row Records would sign. Bell is Tupac Shakur. Dear mama, he’s thug4life. He has ambitions as a ridah. He’s all eyez on me. Bell ain’t got no muddafreakin friends. Grab your Glock when you see Bell rock. He’s hit ‘em up.

For non-Tupac fans, let me translate what I just said. Bell is going to bring dysfunction to the Chiefs. He’s troublesome. He’s going to make Andy Reid and Brett Veach sing Hail Mary.

I hope I’m wrong. Maybe Bell will be so embarrassed by his New York flameout and so highly motivated to make Adam Gase picture him rolling that he’ll be on his best behavior for the remainder of this season.

Clear enough for ya?

Why you Jets look mad?

Y’all supposed to be happy I’m free!

Oh, I forgot. Adam Gase.

That coach had a lot to say when I was in his offense.

My gut says this ends with Andy Reid and Le’Veon Bell riding down the Las Vegas Strip and Reid pretending he had nothing to do with end of Le’Veon’s career.

[Reply]
Marcellus 02:12 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's absolutely too much when pretty much everybody in the league knew if they waited 48 hours, they could pay him chump change and leave the Jets with the bill. It has nothing to do with Bell's ability, it's simple economics.

He was an effective football player last year. He was 20th in the league, amongst all non-QB's, in yards from scrimmage. 20th. He had more yards from scrimmage last year than anybody on the Chiefs.
So the Jets just cut an effective player and ate all that money for no reason.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:16 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
20th in the leauge at your position is not effective dude, you are spinning hard.
Read it again.

He was 20th in the league among all non-QB skill position players. He had more yards per game than Travis Kelce, Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, and Damien Williams.

He had more yards from scrimmage per game than DeAndre Hopkins, George Kittle, Miles Sanders, O'Dell Beckham, and hundreds of other name players.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:17 PM 10-16-2020
So the Jets just cut an effective player and ate all that money for no reason.
Yes, you simply don't understand who or what Adam Gase is, do you?
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:21 PM 10-16-2020
Yes, you simply don't understand who or what Adam Gase is, do you?
Look like I said I'm fine with the signing and hope it works out awesome. I just find it kind of funny people think its impossible Bell could cause a problem. Yea he would get cut after he caused a problem.

And its equally as funny to think Adam Gase just cut him because Bell was doing everything he was supposed to be doing and was being a good teammate etc... I get that Gase is not a good coach but the dots don't connect. Gase isn't even likely to be around much longer, odd the owner would just let him cut a good player and eat the money for no reason. Doesn't pass the smell test.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:24 PM 10-16-2020
I don't know man, how has any player ever been a distraction in the course of NFL history? All they have to do is cut them. :-)

Did you miss the part where I said it was highly unlikely?
Good. You agree with us that it's highly unlikely, so IowaChiefsFan supporting what Whitlock said in a bullshit column is probably a bad idea that doesn't make any sense.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:27 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Good. You agree with us that it's highly unlikely, so IowaChiefsFan supporting what Whitlock said in a bullshit column is probably a bad idea that doesn't make any sense.
I simply thought the column was kind of entertaining. I can sometimes enjoy something even if I don't completely agree, I thought the rap tie in was kind of funny.

Seriously this place is getting insane. Like I said earlier some people need to take the stick out of their ass.

[Reply]
htismaqe 02:29 PM 10-16-2020
Look like I said I'm fine with the signing and hope it works out awesome. I just find it kind of funny people think its impossible Bell could cause a problem. Yea he would get cut after he caused a problem.
If they'll cut him the instant he tries to cause issues, how is there actually a problem? He's either a model citizen or he's out. That really doesn't leave any time for him to actually have an impact on the locker room, does it?

And its equally as funny to think Adam Gase just cut him because Bell was doing everything he was supposed to be doing and was being a good teammate etc... I get that Gase is not a good coach but the dots don't connect. Gase isn't even likely to be around much longer, odd the owner would just let him cut a good player and eat the money for no reason. Doesn't pass the smell test.
Adam Gase orchestrated trading one of the best defensive players in the league to the Seahawks before the season started. In an effort to be a good teammate, Bell actually BACKED GASE despite the fact that the league universally thought it was a dumb idea.

Gase hated the Bell acquisition. He wasn't ever going to give Bell a fair shot. If you want to blame Bell for that, that's your problem. You're right about one thing: Adam Gase has never passed the smell test.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:32 PM 10-16-2020
I simply thought the column was kind of entertaining. I can sometimes enjoy something even if I don't completely agree, I thought the rap tie in was kind of funny.

Seriously this place is getting insane. Like I said earlier some people need to take the stick out of their ass.

Sorry, you can't make assertions like Whitlock made and not get called on it, comedic intent or not.

If he had said he wasn't a fan because he thinks Bell is a bad apple, that's one thing.

He flat out said that he IS a cancer and he WILL fail in KC. You expect fans of the team to just sit back and say "wow, that guy is funny".

Come on, man.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:34 PM 10-16-2020
"Bell is going to bring dysfunction to the Chiefs. He’s troublesome. He’s going to make Andy Reid and Brett Veach sing Hail Mary."

Forget Leveon Bell for a minute.

How many times in the article does Whitlock take shots like this at REID AND VEACH?

Those guys just brought us the only Super Bowl victory some of us have ever seen.

Fuck Jason Whitlock.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:35 PM 10-16-2020
Sorry, you can't make assertions like Whitlock made and not get called on it, comedic intent or not.

If he had said he wasn't a fan because he thinks Bell is a bad apple, that's one thing.

He flat out said that he IS a cancer and he WILL fail in KC. You expect fans of the team to just sit back and say "wow, that guy is funny".

Come on, man.
You going to keep telling me Bell didn't force his way out?

Originally Posted by :
The final straw came Sunday, when Bell took to Twitter after a loss to the Cardinals and liked several tweets criticizing how coach Adam Gase utilized him. He liked one tweet that said the Jets should trade him.

Sources said Bell and his agent conveyed their unhappiness to the Jets and the sides agreed to try to find a trade partner. The Jets gave permission to Adisa Bakari, Bell’s agent, to seek a trade and the team did the same, but found no takers. The Jets were willing to pay a portion of the $6 million remaining on his salary to facilitate the trade, but a sticking point for teams was the $8 million guaranteed for injury in 2021.

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:36 PM 10-16-2020
"Bell is going to bring dysfunction to the Chiefs. He’s troublesome. He’s going to make Andy Reid and Brett Veach sing Hail Mary."

Forget Leveon Bell for a minute.

How many times in the article does Whitlock take shots like this at REID AND VEACH?

Those guys just brought us the only Super Bowl victory some of us have ever seen.

**** Jason Whitlock.
"It's funny. you just need to take the stick out of your ass."
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:38 PM 10-16-2020
The whole thing started almost 2 freaking years ago.

But yeah, let's blame it all on Bell.

Nevermind that Adam Gase is the worst head coach in football.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:40 PM 10-16-2020
They tried to trade him last year...Gase didn't want him and got super petty about it from day 1.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:41 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
"It's funny. you just need to take the stick out of your ass."
Its not that inflammatory, damn you guys are uptight. He is basically just saying he thinks they will regret it.

The cool thing, no matter what Whitlock writes, it will have no effect on how Bell plays or acts.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:42 PM 10-16-2020
The whole thing started almost 2 freaking years ago.

But yeah, let's blame it all on Bell.

Nevermind that Adam Gase is the worst head coach in football.
Who blamed it all on Bell? I was just showing you how Bell contributed to getting cut. You literally claimed he had nothing to do with it.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 20
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up