ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 20
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>WHITLOCK: ANDY REID AND KC WILL EVENTUALLY SEND ‘BAD BOY’ LE’VEON TO DEATH ROW
Hammock Parties 10:19 AM 10-16-2020
:-)

https://www.outkick.com/andy-reid-an...-to-death-row/

Originally Posted by :
Chiefs coach Andy Reid and team general manager Brett Veach are the Notorious B.I.G. and Puff Daddy of the NFL.

They’re the head of Bad Boy Football. Can’t nobody hold them down. They love giving nasty boys one more chance. They believe in mo players no problems. Reid and Veach are close like Starsky and Hutch and the KC offense hypnotizes me.

Why am I quoting BIG and Puff and analogizing them to the leaders of the defending Super Bowl champions?

Thursday, the Chiefs signed bad boy running back Le’Veon Bell to a one-year contract, and it makes me nervous.

You see, Bell, to me, isn’t bad meaning good, he’s bad meaning bad. He’s a locker-room cancer. He’s poison. In pursuit of cash, he bulldozed his way out of an ideal situation in Pittsburgh, where on the field he meshed perfectly with Ben Roethlisberger and Antonio Brown. Bell landed in New York, where he flamed out with the Jets after playing in just 19 games. Owing him an additional $6 million, the Jets cut Bell on Tuesday rather than deal with his bad attitude.

In football, you can’t have a problem with bad boys. The game is best played by them. But you have to pick the right bad boys, the ones who absolutely love the game. That’s my gripe with Le’Veon. I don’t think he loves the game. He loves the financial windfall the game provides him because he’s good at it.

Let’s take Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill. He can be classified as a bad boy. He’s had some serious off-the-field issues. You know what motivates him to evolve and do better? His love of the game.

Remember when Andy Reid, as head coach of the Eagles, rescued Michael Vick from a federal prison and turned him back into a playmaker? It worked because Mike Vick loves football. That’s also the reason Vick turned into a tremendous leader in the Philly locker room.

Bad boys can turn good. One of my all-time favorite people and players is Ravens legend Ray Lewis. Early in his career, Ray was involved in a murder investigation. He pled guilty to a misdemeanor charge of obstructing justice. Ray loved the game and God. He wanted to be regarded as one of the all-time, all-time greats. He leaned into his faith and became arguably the greatest leader in NFL history. He’s right there with Tom Brady in terms of leadership.

I don’t have a problem with bad boys. In some respects, I was one myself years ago.

My problem is with unrepentant bad boys. This is why I’m skeptical of my Chiefs tying any part of their success to Le’Veon Bell.

Bell is the kind of running back Suge Knight and Death Row Records would sign. Bell is Tupac Shakur. Dear mama, he’s thug4life. He has ambitions as a ridah. He’s all eyez on me. Bell ain’t got no muddafreakin friends. Grab your Glock when you see Bell rock. He’s hit ‘em up.

For non-Tupac fans, let me translate what I just said. Bell is going to bring dysfunction to the Chiefs. He’s troublesome. He’s going to make Andy Reid and Brett Veach sing Hail Mary.

I hope I’m wrong. Maybe Bell will be so embarrassed by his New York flameout and so highly motivated to make Adam Gase picture him rolling that he’ll be on his best behavior for the remainder of this season.

Clear enough for ya?

Why you Jets look mad?

Y’all supposed to be happy I’m free!

Oh, I forgot. Adam Gase.

That coach had a lot to say when I was in his offense.

My gut says this ends with Andy Reid and Le’Veon Bell riding down the Las Vegas Strip and Reid pretending he had nothing to do with end of Le’Veon’s career.

[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:18 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
I'm shocked that i finally agree with Whitlock about something.

Not only is Bell a bad boy but he's a bad boy that's already been paid. He doesn't give a shit about anything, he just wants an easy Super Bowl win. If things get tough he will quit. We didn't really need a new RB, we needed better blockers. When our shitty blocking makes things tough on Bell he will blame someone and cause problems.

I doubt Bell makes it to the end of the season on the Chiefs.
I’ll give you 10:1 odds he makes it to the end of the season, moron. Name your size.
[Reply]
notorious 05:18 PM 10-16-2020

Not only is Bell a bad boy but he's a bad boy that's already been paid. He doesn't give a shit about anything, he just wants an easy Super Bowl win. If things get tough he will quit. We didn't really need a new RB, we needed better blockers. When our shitty blocking makes things tough on Bell he will blame someone and cause problems.

Dane and htis changed my mind.

Our RB depth chart is abysmal. Bell is a very good backup and spot duty back. He will replace Shady, and do a much better job.

Don't think of Bell as the star from Pittsburgh, think of him as a good, solid RB to get 100-150 touches the rest of the year.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:19 PM 10-16-2020

If Bell quits on the Chiefs, his career in the NFL is over. Both Bell and his agent should be well aware of that fact.
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 05:28 PM 10-16-2020

Why is Bell a “bad boy”?

Because he held out and refused to sign a second consecutive franchise tag from Pittsburgh? That’s a business decision and his right to do... it’s not the same as being under contract and insubordinate as was the case with AB.

In terms of off the field issues, Bell was once caught with weed in his car... that’s it.
[Reply]
eDave 05:29 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Why is Bell a “bad boy”?

Because he held out and refused to sign a second consecutive franchise tag from Pittsburgh? That’s a business decision and his right to do... it’s not the same as being under contract and insubordinate as was the case with AB.

In terms of off the field issues, Bell was once caught with weed in his car... that’s it.
Neither here nor there, but I wonder if a KC cop would haul in Patrick if he was stopped with weed.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 05:30 PM 10-16-2020
Wasn't Bell refusing to be franchised at 14 million?

Look at Dak Prescott. Signed the tag, horrific injury, at least 2 years away from any long term financial security.

Don't blame Bell one bit for holding out. Running backs have short shelf life. You get your money when you can, or you may never get it.

Pittsburgh should have paid him. His numbers more than earned a long term fair contract.

Thats not selfishness, thats just good business. Dont risk an injury playing rb on a franchise tag.
[Reply]
eDave 05:31 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:

Look at Dak Prescott. Signed the tag, horrific injury, at least 2 years away from any long term financial security.

Don't blame Bell one bit for holding out. Running backs have short shelf life. You get your money when you can, or you may never get it.

Pittsburgh should have paid him. His numbers more than earned a long term fair contract.

Thats not selfishness, thats just good business. Dont risk an injury playing rb on a franchise tag.
Remember the experts who disliked Patrick's decision to leave money on the table? As it turns out, they were all just jealous bitches.
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:32 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Neither here nor there, but I wonder if a KC cop would haul in Patrick if he was stopped with weed.
It's ridiculous that it is still illegal.

You can practically buy it at 7-11 here
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:33 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
My only problem with signing Bell is that the guy held out for a year because he felt like he was worth so much. Just don't like selfish people like that when he's already making millions. Tells me he's not a team player and he's all about himself. Period. I'll trust Veach and Reid of course and it will be interesting to watch.

No doubt he's an incredible talent. At least at one point.
You know why he thought he was worth so much?

They franchise tagged him as a RB TWICE which gave him no long term security if he should get injured. At the time they were tagging him, his career yards per game of almost 130 yards was the best in NFL history since the AFL merger.

He was a legitimate one in a generation back at that point.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:36 PM 10-16-2020

:-) :-) :-)

Just when you think it can get worst the King of All Hot Takes shows up.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 05:39 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You know why he thought he was worth so much?

They franchise tagged him as a RB TWICE which gave him no long term security if he should get injured. At the time they were tagging him, his career yards per game of almost 130 yards was the best in NFL history since the AFL merger.

He was a legitimate one in a generation back at that point.
I thought it was something like that. Dude played on the tag and they slap him with it again? And HE is seen as selfish instead of the organization?

Dude absolutely made the right choice to sit. Now he got his money, and hes going to be playing with the best qb on the planet against the lightest boxes he's ever seen, while being paid by the team who cut him.

I expect we will see Bell return to form in short order with this offense.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:39 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:

Exactly. He wasn't tagged once, they tagged him TWICE.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:48 PM 10-16-2020

I’m shocked that you’re still allowed to post. How the **** does that happen?
[Reply]
carcosa 05:49 PM 10-16-2020
jwhit is the ultimate Rude Bitch
[Reply]
carcosa 05:50 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
That would be a great way to get more people on board with defunding the police
[Reply]
Page 10 of 20
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up