ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 974 of 3903
« First < 474874924964970971972973974 9759769779789841024107414741974 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 10:23 AM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
There are many variables.

What do you think would happen to the CFR if we were to test every single person in the country right now and identify all of the positives?
It would drop. But, what I stated is accurate.
[Reply]
Donger 10:24 AM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
FYP.

and actually the model from washington says 83k. so thats a plus.
Not really a fix, but yes.
[Reply]
Pants 10:29 AM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
It would drop. But, what I stated is accurate.
I didn't dispute the accuracy of your statement.

Do you not agree that, generally speaking, the more testing you do, the lower the CFR will drop?

Obviously, as a proportion of those who are currently sick and have already been tallied as positives inevitably die, the CFR will climb unless it's offset by even more testing.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:29 AM 04-01-2020
I saw a 'US vs. EU' comparison and it seemed a little more apples to apples.

When you look at the EU as a whole, you the geographic spread we have in the US, you see the variety of population centers, you see different governments enacting different rules. You see different demographics within different regions and even different weather patterns. You see different lifestyles, cultures and behaviors.

Wouldn't looking at the EU and the US side by side provide the best wholesale outlook on potential outcomes?
[Reply]
Donger 10:30 AM 04-01-2020
I didn't dispute the accuracy of your statement.

Do you not agree that, generally speaking, the more testing you do, the lower the CFR will drop?

Obviously, as a proportion of those who are currently sick and have already been tallied as positives inevitably die, the CFR will climb unless it's offset by even more testing.
I already said that it would.
[Reply]
Donger 10:31 AM 04-01-2020
CNN)More data showing people without symptoms are fueling the spread of coronavirus have top officials rethinking whether the general public should be wearing masks.

New data out of Iceland shows 50% of those who tested positive said they were asymptomatic.

In the US, an estimated 25% of coronavirus carriers have no symptoms, said the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

"One of the (pieces of) information that we have pretty much confirmed now is that a significant number of individuals that are infected actually remain asymptomatic. That may be as many as 25%," CDC Director Dr. Robert Redfield told NPR.

To prevent further spread, the nation's top infectious disease expert says health officials are now re-examining guidance on face masks.
[Reply]
Pants 10:31 AM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I saw a 'US vs. EU' comparison and it seemed a little more apples to apples.

When you look at the EU as a whole, you the geographic spread we have in the US, you see the variety of population centers, you see different governments enacting different rules. You see different demographics within different regions and even different weather patterns. You see different lifestyles, cultures and behaviors.

Wouldn't looking at the EU and the US side by side provide the best wholesale outlook on potential outcomes?
Maybe. The cultures differ WAAAAY more from country to country in Europe and the way they tackle this thing will be much more diverse, IMO. Also, Europe is just way denser than the US.
[Reply]
Pants 10:34 AM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
CNN)More data showing people without symptoms are fueling the spread of coronavirus have top officials rethinking whether the general public should be wearing masks.

New data out of Iceland shows 50% of those who tested positive said they were asymptomatic.

In the US, an estimated 25% of coronavirus carriers have no symptoms, said the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

"One of the (pieces of) information that we have pretty much confirmed now is that a significant number of individuals that are infected actually remain asymptomatic. That may be as many as 25%," CDC Director Dr. Robert Redfield told NPR.

To prevent further spread, the nation's top infectious disease expert says health officials are now re-examining guidance on face masks.
This and the long incubation period make this thing as dangerous as it is.

What a clusterfuck.

Without these two factors, this would have been just another SARS/MARS/whatever. Sigh.
[Reply]
O.city 10:36 AM 04-01-2020
This and the long incubation period make this thing as dangerous as it is.

What a cluster****.

Without these two factors, this would have been just another SARS/MARS/whatever. Sigh.
Well, on the positive side, this will make it burn thru the population faster. So that will suck in the short term, but it gets us to the end game faster.

Especially if there are that many asymptomatic and mild symptom pts.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:38 AM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll:
Setting aside the logistical nightmares it would entail, it’s kind of hard to shut down interstate travel when the U.S. Constitution guarantees it.

They could shut down all domestic and international flights in a second.
[Reply]
Donger 10:40 AM 04-01-2020
Regarding Dr. Fauci's comments on the 100,000 deaths figure:

[Reply]
TLO 10:41 AM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Well, on the positive side, this will make it burn thru the population faster. So that will suck in the short term, but it gets us to the end game faster.

Especially if there are that many asymptomatic and mild symptom pts.
I question what they mean by "mild" symptoms. 80% of people get mild symptoms. But does mild include everything up to having to be admitted to the hospital?
[Reply]
Pants 04-01-2020, 10:41 AM
This message has been deleted by Pants.
Mecca 10:43 AM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I question what they mean by "mild" symptoms. 80% of people get mild symptoms. But does mild include everything up to having to be admitted to the hospital?
Yes so if you feel like death but don't get hospitalized it's pretty mild, so you can be puking out your brain shitting on yourself and feel god awful but that's mild.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:45 AM 04-01-2020
The VP in an interview this morning said the USA is most comparable to Italy.

[Reply]
Pants 10:45 AM 04-01-2020
Covidly has US up to a 3 now. So that's something.

UK still at 2. :-)

I'm sure we will be back to 2 pretty soon too, though.
[Reply]
Page 974 of 3903
« First < 474874924964970971972973974 9759769779789841024107414741974 > Last »
Up