ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Please vote for the option that is most deserving of being in the conversation.
---Matchup 1--- 1 1.02%
(1) Marvel Cinematic Universe 79 80.61%
(9) Ghostbusters 14 14.29%
---Matchup 2--- 1 1.02%
(5) Jaws 42 42.86%
(4) Pirates of the Caribbean 53 54.08%
---Matchup 3--- 1 1.02%
(6) Toy Story 29 29.59%
(3) Indiana Jones 69 70.41%
---Matchup 4--- 1 1.02%
(10) The Matrix 40 40.82%
(2) Harry Potter 54 55.10%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The Greatest Movie Franchises of All Time - East Division Round 2
DaFace 09:42 AM 04-15-2019
Links to preceding threads:
Spoiler!

You can view the entire tournament bracket here as we go along, but here's the current state of the East division:

Please vote for the franchise in each pair that you feel is most deserving of being in consideration for the Greatest Movie Franchise of All Time. I'll put one of these up every day or two as we go along. So vote!

Possible Concerns and Responses:
  1. A franchise I like isn't on the list! Too bad. Nominations are closed. This is just a fun offseason diversion, but feel free to complain in the thread if it will make you feel better.
  2. There's something on the list that I don't even think is a franchise! Don't vote for it.
  3. There's something on the list that I don't recognize. Yeah, there are a few that I don't recognize either. If you feel generous, look it up and determine if you think it's worthy. Or just don't vote for it. Either option is allowed.
  4. The seeding seems weird (or there's something I have no idea how it got in there). The seeding is based on total estimated tickets from Box Office Mojo, but some older franchises were randomly seeded since we don't have any data available about their ticket sales. Again, if you don't feel something is deserving, don't vote for it!

[Reply]
DaFace 10:09 AM 04-15-2019
I think this round is where we really start to narrow things down to the true contenders. Ghostbusters, Jaws, Toy Story, and The Matrix are all good series, but are they truly great franchises? I say no, so I ended up voting for all the top seeds this time around.
[Reply]
Jerm 10:18 AM 04-15-2019
How the fuck is Jaws losing Pirates of the Caribbean?

Take Jaws alone...that far exceeds anything from PotC.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:19 AM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
How the fuck is Jaws losing Pirates of the Caribbean?

Take Jaws alone...that far exceeds anything from PotC.
One film does not a franchise make (in my opinion).
[Reply]
Jerm 10:20 AM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
One film does not a franchise make (in my opinion).
Ok, Jaws and Jaws 2 far exceed anything from PotC. :-):-)
[Reply]
KC_Lee 10:29 AM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Ok, Jaws and Jaws 2 far exceed anything from PotC. :-):-)
The cinematic classics that were Jaws 3D and Jaws: Revenge.

[Reply]
Jerm 10:44 AM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
The cinematic classics that were Jaws 3D and Jaws: Revenge.

Jaws The Revenge is just something else....it's incredible. The vengeful, roaring, slasher like villain shark is the best.
[Reply]
Why Not? 10:58 AM 04-15-2019
Jaws 3 and 4 are about on par with Pirates after the first 2. So it comes down to Jaws 1 and 2 vs Pirates 1 and 2. I like the Pirates movies but Jaws is a cinematic classic. Jaws by a nose, or is it snout?
[Reply]
DaFace 11:01 AM 04-15-2019
The Matrix vs. Harry Potter is also an interesting matchup to me, though I'd argue that it wouldn't be close if this site were more gender and age balanced compared to the general population. The Matrix is iconic, but kind of like Jaws, the sequels were shit compared to the original, so it loses out to Harry Potter for me, which is clearly one hell of a franchise even if it doesn't hit dead center in ChiefsPlanet's sweet spot for preferences.
[Reply]
Shoes 11:14 AM 04-15-2019
Marvel
Jaws
Indiana Jones
HP

I fully expect a Marvel vs Indiana Jones final.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:22 AM 04-15-2019
I went chalk except for the matrix. Just can’t bring myself to vote for Harry Potter.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:25 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I went chalk except for the matrix. Just can’t bring myself to vote for Harry Potter.
I've never seen a second of Harry Potter and still voted for it. Straight up protest vote for the shit that the Matrix series became after such an outstanding first movie.

The Wachowsky brothers(?) just went so far up their own assholes on the next 2 films that I just cannot vote for that franchise.
[Reply]
sedated 03:27 PM 04-15-2019
Jaws 2 was good? I never even bothered to watch it because I assumed it was a joke.

Jaws being a classic should not prop up the entire franchise. There are plenty of great movies with multiple crap sequels (see also: The Matrix)
[Reply]
sedated 03:30 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I've never seen a second of Harry Potter and still voted for it. Straight up protest vote for the shit that the Matrix series became after such an outstanding first movie.

The Wachowsky brothers(?) just went so far up their own assholes on the next 2 films that I just cannot vote for that franchise.
As much as people hated them, I don't mind the 2nd Matrix. Maybe it was the highway scene. Maybe it was Monica Bellucci.
[Reply]
Why Not? 05:10 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by sedated:
Jaws 2 was good? I never even bothered to watch it because I assumed it was a joke.

Jaws being a classic should not prop up the entire franchise. There are plenty of great movies with multiple crap sequels (see also: The Matrix)
Yeah it’s pretty good for a sequel. 100x better than the Matrix sequel.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up