ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 301
« First < 374344454647 484950515797147 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
Mecca 07:01 AM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
You must be new to baseball.
Not really, baseball needs to learn to roll with the times. Theres a reason they are struggling to get new, younger fans.

All of the stupid unwritten rule bullshit is why. Younger fans especially want dudes with personality.
[Reply]
ChiTown 07:04 AM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Not really, baseball needs to learn to roll with the times. Theres a reason they are struggling to get new, younger fans.

All of the stupid unwritten rule bullshit is why. Younger fans especially want dudes with personality.
Yes, because there's nothing younger fans hate more than a little in-game fighting....

Did you hear Dozier talking after the game? He said it was fun. Fans love fighting, and players like mixing it up as well.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:05 AM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Yes, because there's nothing younger fans hate more than a little in-game fighting....

Did you hear Dozier talking after the game? He said it was fun. Fans love fighting, and players like mixing up as well.
Well yea people like that part.

I still think it's dumb people get butthurt about celebrations. Fuck there are pitchers that celebrate should hitters throw bats at them?
[Reply]
ChiTown 04-18-2019, 07:21 AM
This message has been deleted by ChiTown.
duncan_idaho 07:39 AM 04-18-2019
In my youth, I was a pitcher armed (haha) with a pretty big fastball. I definitely dusted guys inside around the belt a few times if I felt like they were too comfortable or had tried to show me up. It’s part of baseball.

I didn’t think Keller handled yesterday poorly. He kept the ball low and drilled Anderson in the butt. It’s not like he came up and in on him.

Keller is a pretty emotionless pitcher. Chris Archer drilling a guy for showing him up is silly and hypocritical. He reacts to big Ks all the time. Keller doesn’t do that stuff.

I didn’t think either player should have been ejected.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:42 AM 04-18-2019
Archer is a pretty classic example of a pitcher that celebrates all the time.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:50 AM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
In my youth, I was a pitcher armed (haha) with a pretty big fastball. I definitely dusted guys inside around the belt a few times if I felt like they were too comfortable or had tried to show me up. It’s part of baseball.

I didn’t think Keller handled yesterday poorly. He kept the ball low and drilled Anderson in the butt. It’s not like he came up and in on him.

Keller is a pretty emotionless pitcher. Chris Archer drilling a guy for showing him up is silly and hypocritical. He reacts to big Ks all the time. Keller doesn’t do that stuff.

I didn’t think either player should have been ejected.
Anderson knew it was coming and didn't charge the mound or anything. A 92 MPH fastball still hurts like a MFer so he can say some shit along the way but he was still taking his base like a man.

The bigger problem was the benches clearing which stirred everyone else up and I think Keller and Anderson got tossed because they were at the start of it, even though they didn't do anything wrong.

If MLB instituted a rule like in the NBA where the 2nd man in or anyone leaving the bench gets suspended and fined, that would take care of something like this.

That being said the video of the incident was top video on MLB.com so it's not like they or the players really care if intentionally hitting someone or fighting offends anyone.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:03 AM 04-18-2019
Bat flips = FUN
Drilling people due to bat flips = MLB HATES FUN
Benches Clearing = FUN
???
Profit

Whatevs. That was a fun shake-up to a losing season.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 08:21 AM 04-18-2019
IMO it says a lot about Anderson and the Pale Hoes. It’s one thing to act like that in a big game but he’s a scrub playing in a meaningless regular season game in April.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:31 AM 04-18-2019
remember when grienke was averaging 92 all game then he decided to plunk someone and dialed it up to 99?
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:41 AM 04-18-2019
I remember that one dust up when Runelvys Hernandez came racing in from the bullpen but both teams had already been separated and were back in their dugouts before he reached the infield.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 09:45 AM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
remember when grienke was averaging 92 all game then he decided to plunk someone and dialed it up to 99?
Didn’t he throw slow on purpose one year to prove a point that pitching was more about movement and location than velocity?
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:49 AM 04-18-2019
The difference with this situation is Anderson was barking at Maldonado after the bat flip, on his way to first.

You can celebrate, flip the bat, etc........but once you make it personal, it gets a personal retaliation.

While the NBA has Ts, and the NFL has taunting........I like how the players self-police those actions in the MLB.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 09:49 AM 04-18-2019
Bench clearing brawls should be part of the "Let them play" push.

Let them PLAY. That includes stopping with long suspensions for fights. Hell, back in the day a good dustup would happen and then the guys having just brawled would go back to their base all bloodied up... No ejections, even. THAT was fun.

Now folks are ejected, suspended, and fined for walking up the line and staring down a guy that just drilled you in the ass (take that context as you will).
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:55 AM 04-18-2019
Archer is a pretty classic example of a pitcher that celebrates all the time.

I have no patience for Archer throwing at a guy for watching a home run or a bat flip. He does the equivalent stuff all the time.

Personally, I love the passion Archer plays with. He just can’t decide to drill people for displaying the same. It’s hypocritical.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:13 AM 04-18-2019
Don't like bat flips? Don't give up HR's...

We're literally talking about you getting to drill a dude because he hurt your feelings, how pussified is that?
Agreed. Baseball is dumb. Some guy dunks over you in the NBA, they flex in your face, talk shit. Then one play later you are both probably laughing. And that is waaay worse than flipping a god damn bat after a HR.

Celebrating as a pitcher or batter, should be expected and embraced. Taunting is different.
[Reply]
Page 47 of 301
« First < 374344454647 484950515797147 > Last »
Up