ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 734 of 791
« First < 234634684724730731732733734 735736737738744784 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:41 PM 04-16-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
If we don't move up, hopefully we can use one of our late seconds on a good running back.

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:45 PM 04-16-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
No to any high pick on offense other than a C/G. There I said it.
No to both ideas. Our days of being straight-up ignorant strategy-wise need to be over. Now the previous reach was a gamble that has not paid off as expected, but that doesn't mean that the move wasn't sound in theory.

To do what either of you are proposing is NOT sound in theory and does not meet with our current needs at all. People stroking for Rd1 Iowa TE's are advocating a Luxury Pick when we have no such thing this year. And C/G's? I've yet to read ANY report about a generational Guard or Center projected in round 1 this year. And by God, unless we have a Luxury Pick we DO NOT piss away 1st rd. picks on Linemen who are NOT generational, especially when we have so many defensive needs.

Ideally, Veach needs to close the deal on either Clark or Clownass so that we can get one of the better CB's with our 1st rd. pick. If he can't get that done, then we MUST augment an already strong defensive line with a pass rushing DE, and move one of our 2nd's to do so. Those 2nds are at the ass end of the pecking order and were MADE to be packaged.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:46 PM 04-16-2019
Justice will fall a bit - he had an injury toward the close of season last yr.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:48 PM 04-16-2019
also we may have more than we know - with regards to Darrel W.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:51 PM 04-16-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
I think he was told that when they got Wilson's deal done he was next in line.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:54 PM 04-16-2019

USC DB Iman Marshall is visiting the #Browns today. Has visited and/or worked out for other teams, including the #Rams, #Bears, #Bucs, #Chiefs, #Dolphins, #Raiders, #Colts. Versatile guy who can play S and CB. Has a good shot at being a Day 2 pick.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) April 16, 2019

[Reply]
Chief Northman 09:59 PM 04-16-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
I think he was told that when they got Wilson's deal done he was next in line.
No.

He later tweeted he was referencing family issues and actually trashed people for assuming it was football related.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:21 PM 04-16-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
No.

He later tweeted he was referencing family issues and actually trashed people for assuming it was football related.

I'll be completely transparent - this guy sounds like a complete asshole.
[Reply]
Jerm 10:39 PM 04-16-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
No.

That's complete bullshit on his part for that.

He knows what he was doing.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 11:45 PM 04-16-2019

Text me broski. https://t.co/rRAbbgclaX

— Tyrann Mathieu (@Mathieu_Era) April 17, 2019

[Reply]
New World Order 11:47 PM 04-16-2019
Text him broski
[Reply]
New World Order 11:47 PM 04-16-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I'll be completely transparent - this guy sounds like a complete asshole.
We need some mean defensive players.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:22 AM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
I think he could be a quality add in Day 3 to be Mathieu's backup
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:41 AM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
We need some mean defensive players.
Do they? They were a handful of stops away from being 16-0 with the 31st defense and a geriatric DC. I firmly believe Sutton's scheme was dependent on highly talented players...(Hali, DJ, Berry, Peters, Houston and Poe). Once they were gone...it got exposed. I think expert coaches like Belichick recognized his patterns once the talent couldn't compensate.

Interesting stat...only 3 of the top 10 teams in sacks made the play-offs. NE was 29th. QBs are getting the ball out quicker...

Honey Badger > Berry's Ghost
Breeland > Scandrick
2nd year Watts > injured rookie Watts
No Murray > Murray
No Parker > Parker

Ogbah is an underrated coup...Browns friend says both he and Hyde were good pick ups. They were both 2nd round picks...Ogbah was the 1st of the 2nd round.

People are acting like KC hasn't improved...I believe they have. Sutton's scheme was dead when he lost the players he needed. Their issues were as much game planning as it was talent.

If teams thought Ford was elite...a 2020 2nd rounder wouldn't have been compensation. There would have been multiple suitors...the fact the Ballard didn't come after him says everything.

KC needs players...but they are better this year already.
[Reply]
New World Order 01:56 AM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Do they? They were a handful of stops away from being 16-0 with the 31st defense and a geriatric DC. I firmly believe Sutton's scheme was dependent on highly talented players...(Hali, DJ, Berry, Peters, Houston and Poe). Once they were gone...it got exposed. I think expert coaches like Belichick recognized his patterns once the talent couldn't compensate.

Interesting stat...only 3 of the top 10 teams in sacks made the play-offs. NE was 29th. QBs are getting the ball out quicker...

Honey Badger > Berry's Ghost
Breeland > Scandrick
2nd year Watts > injured rookie Watts
No Murray > Murray
No Parker > Parker

Ogbah is an underrated coup...Browns friend says both he and Hyde were good pick ups. They were both 2nd round picks...Ogbah was the 1st of the 2nd round.

People are acting like KC hasn't improved...I believe they have. Sutton's scheme was dead when he lost the players he needed. Their issues were as much game planning as it was talent.

If teams thought Ford was elite...a 2020 2nd rounder wouldn't have been compensation. There would have been multiple suitors...the fact the Ballard didn't come after him says everything.

KC needs players...but they are better this year already.
Personnel wise we're probably worse as of right now, but coaching is obviously going to be miles better.

Time will tell.
[Reply]
Page 734 of 791
« First < 234634684724730731732733734 735736737738744784 > Last »
Up