ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 728 of 791
« First < 228628678718724725726727728 729730731732738778 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:56 AM 04-16-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
Glad you already know this, hopefully Chiefs read this so they can make the right decision.
Yeah you're right, I guess it'd be a real stretch that they aren't prioritizing corner and they might take one of two of the guys they're linked to. Nailed it.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:59 AM 04-16-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Yeah you're right, I guess it'd be a real stretch that they aren't prioritizing corner and they might take one of two of the guys they're linked to. Nailed it.
Curious what makes you so confident that they got corner?

I can definitely see it but I think safety, edge rusher, Tillery, or Bradbury are just as likely.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:06 PM 04-16-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:

I can definitely see it but I think safety, edge rusher, Tillery, or Bradbury are just as likely.
I think they're pretty content where the Offense is right now as it stands, but I wouldn't rule it out completely if a high end Offensive talent slid to them.

I think Spagnuolo wants a premier guy and it comes down to who they think fits that profile. I also might be the only one that thinks Ogbah and Okafor could be key guys with an elite DL coach.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:09 PM 04-16-2019
I think they're pretty content where the Offense is right now as it stands, but I wouldn't rule it out completely if a high end Offensive talent slid to them.

I think Spagnuolo wants a premier guy and it comes down to who they think fits that profile.
Yea I forgot to add WR there as well.

I’m just ready to get this shit over and see what we finish with.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:12 PM 04-16-2019

I think Spagnuolo wants a premier guy and it comes down to who they think fits that profile. I also might be the only one that thinks Ogbah and Okafor could be key guys with an elite DL coach.
I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t draft a DE in the first 3 rounds.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:16 PM 04-16-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t draft a DE in the first 3 rounds.
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong. I think they still want to add at DE and will at some point.
[Reply]
Rausch 12:25 PM 04-16-2019
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong. I think they still want to add at DE and will at some point.
This draft is deep. Less top end talent but loads of 2nd round grade guys.

That's why I'd prefer a trade down and get an extra 2nd, 3rd, or 4th. It's also why I was hoping we could get anything for Berry or Houston.

Since our 2nd round pick will likely be at the bottom I'd even consider trading next years 2nd for a high/mid 3rd this year...
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:27 PM 04-16-2019
I truly believe we are either taking a CB or safety in the first round unless Veach decides to say fuck it and trade up
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:28 PM 04-16-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
This draft is deep. Less top end talent but loads of 2nd round grade guys.

That's why I'd prefer a trade down and get an extra 2nd, 3rd, or 4th. It's also why I was hoping we could get anything for Berry or Houston.

Since our 2nd round pick will likely be at the bottom I'd even consider trading next years 2nd for a high/mid 3rd this year...
Depending how talent is coming off the board, I wouldn't mind sliding back either. I also think a lot of teams are going to be looking to move down also, which will make things difficult and it might be a buyers market kind of draft. Going to be a great draft to be stacked with picks in the 2 to 4 range.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:50 PM 04-16-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Spags blitzes more than many DC’s. He has also talked about the need for good coverage in today’s NFL with new offenses. Was interesting bc he thought that a lot of offenses mitigate pass rushers simply by scheme.

That makes sense seeing how Andy has done that to Von Miller in recent years.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:14 PM 04-16-2019
Chiefs are going corner in Round 1.

Murphy will go before they pick, so will probably be either Greedy Williams or Rock Ya-Sin.
Did we sign a new DE or Edge last night/today? Because if we haven't, you won't be seeing that CB until round 2.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:19 PM 04-16-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Did we sign a new DE or Edge last night/today? Because if we haven't, you won't be seeing that CB until round 2.
Nah
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:20 PM 04-16-2019
I feel like this is the time to cross-post this article from the draft thread which you should all read:

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/...ess-in-the-nfl

Take Bunting in the second round. You don't need a corner in the first.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:24 PM 04-16-2019
Nah
Oh yah.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:28 PM 04-16-2019
The first round guys are likely going to be long gone by that point.
[Reply]
Page 728 of 791
« First < 228628678718724725726727728 729730731732738778 > Last »
Up