ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 791
« First < 91516171819 202122232969119519 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Mecca 01:45 PM 02-15-2019
I like how if we don't have Willie Roaf we need a new LT who also won't be Willie Roaf so it's a never ending cycle...

Branden Albert needed to be moved to guard and now Fisher needs to be replaced, so tired of this stupid debate.

The Chiefs offense was as good as you could ask and this is what we get, wtf?
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:51 PM 02-15-2019
I'd look at a developmental tackle late in the draft and maybe a C in the first 4 rounds if a really good one is there. Other than that....no thanks to spending a bunch of picks on the offensive line.
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:52 PM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I like how if we don't have Willie Roaf we need a new LT who also won't be Willie Roaf so it's a never ending cycle...

Branden Albert needed to be moved to guard and now Fisher needs to be replaced, so tired of this stupid debate.

The Chiefs offense was as good as you could ask and this is what we get, wtf?
I get what you are saying- but the O line was Not that good. Mahomes was running for his life every game. Just because he is elusive and can make plays on the run- that does not mean the O line was suddenly great.

At the very least they need to draft a couple of guys.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:53 PM 02-15-2019
Mitch Schwarts was an all pro tackle and I watched people bitch about him...there is just a very unrealistic expectation of OL play by some people here.
[Reply]
Halfcan 02:01 PM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Mitch Schwarts was an all pro tackle and I watched people bitch about him...there is just a very unrealistic expectation of OL play by some people here.
True. And thank God he didn't go down with a major injury. They were already moving guys all around. I mean, if Cam Erving had not played way better than what we expected, Mahomes sack total would have been worse.

My point was, you have the MVP of the NFL playing behind an average Oline with a LT that you can't trust game in and game out. There is a lot of room for improvement.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:13 PM 02-15-2019
Mahomes has to run for his life to much. Pats, Rams, Denver, Seattle, Ravens all killed our OL. He's incredibly gifted outside the pocket but eventually he's going to hurt. They have got to get better at guard amd center for certain.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:26 PM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Mahomes has to run for his life to much. Pats, Rams, Denver, Seattle, Ravens all killed our OL. He's incredibly gifted outside the pocket but eventually he's going to hurt. They have got to get better at guard amd center for certain.
I’m all for using a second on an interior lineman
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:36 PM 02-15-2019
we're going to need a minimum of 3 new defensive starters that are upgrades out of this draft, and immediately if we don't cut one of the big 3 salaries.

That's a tall order. Anything on the offensive side is a luxury in this offseason.
[Reply]
Iconic 03:04 PM 02-15-2019

The #Lions have released S Glover Quin, the veteran who carried a nearly $8M cap number. They also cut WR Bruce Ellington and LB Nicholas Grigsby

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) February 15, 2019

Glover anybody? :-)
[Reply]
O.city 03:05 PM 02-15-2019
Sure why not
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:54 PM 02-15-2019
I’m never gonna bitch about upgrading the OL as long as Mahomes is here. Helping him, protecting him, it’s the most important thing for the franchise right now.

So if they take OL in the first two days, that’s fine, but you still have to add defensive help through FA and the draft around that. I think coaching will help quite a bit in itself.
[Reply]
In58men 03:58 PM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I’m never gonna bitch about upgrading the OL as long as Mahomes is here. Helping him, protecting him, it’s the most important thing for the franchise right now.

So if they take OL in the first two days, that’s fine, but you still have to add defensive help through FA and the draft around that. I think coaching will help quite a bit in itself.
lol I just posted something similar to this in one the threads in the Draft room.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:00 PM 02-15-2019

Yep. They don't have unlimited picks.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:06 PM 02-15-2019

I think what they’ll do is look for FA’s to come in and take reasonable deals with a low first year cap hit. Janoris Jenkins is a perfect example if he gets cut.

Regardless of FA, we have to hit on this draft. It’s incredible important that we get some young cheap talent in here.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 05:44 PM 02-15-2019
Getting in on some of the FAs being cut isn’t bad because they’ll be cheaper and won’t count towards the comp pick formula
[Reply]
Page 19 of 791
« First < 91516171819 202122232969119519 > Last »
Up