ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 108 of 791
« First < 85898104105106107108 109110111112118158208608 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
O.city 09:19 AM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Does that include draft picks and signing some lesser roles?
No.

The problem with even freeing up that money is that it's still somewhat of a drop in the bucket when compared to what some of these other teams have.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:55 AM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
No.

The problem with even freeing up that money is that it's still somewhat of a drop in the bucket when compared to what some of these other teams have.
true but those teams also have like half their 53 under contract. They have a lot of cap room but have to sign a LOT of players.

*an exaggeration
[Reply]
O.city 09:58 AM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
true but those teams also have like half their 53 under contract. They have a lot of cap room but have to sign a LOT of players.

*an exaggeration
So do the Chiefs.

And it makes it tough to compete with these contracts when some of these teams have that much free space. They can structure contracts differently with that much open space.

The Chiefs can sign a big name if they want. But they're gonna have to get impact thru the draft.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:02 AM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
So do the Chiefs.

And it makes it tough to compete with these contracts when some of these teams have that much free space. They can structure contracts differently with that much open space.

The Chiefs can sign a big name if they want. But they're gonna have to get impact thru the draft.
no argument there.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:12 AM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Finding stars? At any draft position, let alone @ #29!? You'd be the richest GM in the NFL if you could bottle that. Draft is a crap shoot. A legit starting CB is a premium position and stark need for the Chiefs. Find that guy at #29 and you are a rockstar. QBs are getting the ball out faster & faster. How many times did Brady get sacked in the AFCCG? How many passing first downs & TDs did the Chiefs secondary give up last season? Chiefs led the league in sacks and STILL had the 31st ranked defense. Slim pickens in CB FAs. Trading for one will cost the moon. Top 3 in the draft is your best shot at getting a legit starter. There are no guarantees, but do we want another Scandrick or Marcus Cooper? Not me.
Of course it's a crap shoot. That doesn't mean you throw value out the window and stop trying.

The Chiefs needs MORE THAN ONE STARTER at CB. If you think that's going to happen completely through the draft, I got news for you.

If the Chiefs take Deandre Baker, he's your day 1 starter at the #2 CB. They STILL NEED a #1 CB. The problem with Deandre Baker is that he's likely still your #2 CB in YEAR 4.

I absolutely agree with you that drafting CBs has to be a priority due to the economy of free agency. That doesn't mean the only way to get a starting CB is at 29 nor does it mean that taking one at 29 is the best value.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:16 AM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Of course it's a crap shoot. That doesn't mean you throw value out the window and stop trying.

The Chiefs needs MORE THAN ONE STARTER at CB. If you think that's going to happen completely through the draft, I got news for you.

If the Chiefs take Deandre Baker, he's your day 1 starter at the #2 CB. They STILL NEED a #1 CB. The problem with Deandre Baker is that he's likely still your #2 CB in YEAR 4.

I absolutely agree with you that drafting CBs has to be a priority due to the economy of free agency. That doesn't mean the only way to get a starting CB is at 29 nor does it mean that taking one at 29 is the best value.
Wut? You've got Fuller and hypothetically Baker, with Fuller kicking inside to Slot and Ward taking his place.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:18 AM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Wut? You've got Fuller and hypothetically Baker, with Fuller kicking inside to Slot and Ward taking his place.
You're going into the season with 3 CBs on the roster? One with 4 starts and one with none?

You're arguing to argue dude. You're better than that.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:21 AM 03-05-2019
You're going into the season with 3 CBs on the roster? One with 4 starts and one with none?

You're arguing to argue dude. You're better than that.
You said more than 1 starter. Do we need depth? Absoutely, but with roster churn in the NFL it's almost pointless to bring it up because that's a given.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:23 AM 03-05-2019
You said more than 1 starter. Do we need depth? Absoutely, but with roster churn in the NFL it's almost pointless to bring it up because that's a given.
Neither Fuller nor Ward are a #1 outside CB at this point.

If you take Baker, you still need another starter unless you're going to pencil in Ward. If your starters are Fuller, Ward, and Deandre Baker, you're not substantially better in 2019 than you were in 2018 with Nelson. Baker is not THAT good.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:32 AM 03-05-2019
I agree. Baker isn’t a good choice IMO. I would rather get a pass rusher or safety than him.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:41 AM 03-05-2019

From what I gathered, there is a belief inside the Giants organization that they don’t believe Landon Collin’s pass defense is good enough to pay him big money. https://t.co/6mty9KEpR6

— Dianna Russini (@diannaESPN) March 5, 2019

[Reply]
O.city 10:43 AM 03-05-2019
Neither Fuller nor Ward are a #1 outside CB at this point.

If you take Baker, you still need another starter unless you're going to pencil in Ward. If your starters are Fuller, Ward, and Deandre Baker, you're not substantially better in 2019 than you were in 2018 with Nelson. Baker is not THAT good.
Is a legit #1 corner necessary and where/how can we afford one?
[Reply]
O.city 10:43 AM 03-05-2019
Clearly, they've never watched football nor do they know what they're watching when they do.

Right?
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:46 AM 03-05-2019
Cut Sorenson for a little cap space, play Berry at FS, Collins at SS. Run Defense is what we need any damn way.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:48 AM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Cut Sorenson for a little cap space, play Berry at FS, Collins at SS. Run Defense is what we need any damn way.
I was thinking about that last night. Not sure if Berry could pull it off....but if he's going to play....that's where I'd play him.
[Reply]
Page 108 of 791
« First < 85898104105106107108 109110111112118158208608 > Last »
Up