ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 17
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2018-19 Missouri Tigers Basketball Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:47 PM 04-16-2018
After a surprising, disappointing, exciting, and depressing 2017-18 that both began and ended in typical Mizzou fashion, the Tigers begin the offseason with several holes in the roster and one major recruiting target remaining.

Losses from 2017-18:
Michael Porter Jr, SF
Jordan Barnett, SF
Kassius Robertson, SG

Returning Starters:
Jontay Porter, SF/PF
Kevin Puryear, PF
Jeremiah Tilmon, F/C

Returning Role Player:
Reed Nikko

Injured Role Players:
Cullen Van Leer
Mitchell Smith

Returning Suicide Vest:
Jordan Geist

Spoiler!

[Reply]
OKchiefs 08:20 AM 05-31-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I'm shocked about Porter - but I think it's the right move - he needs to develop more - I'm shocked due to his vulnerability to injury. I'd go get that money while I can.
I wasn't aware he had a vulnerability to injury. Are you thinking of the other Porter?
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:24 AM 05-31-2018
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I wasn't aware he had a vulnerability to injury. Are you thinking of the other Porter?
Oh yes, I am actually. I just spoke to dad - I was thinking he meant Michael - Okay it all makes sense now. I hadn't researched it yet. My error.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 08:27 AM 05-31-2018
Any chance of freeing up Vanleer's scholarship, or are we stuck with that mess?
[Reply]
phisherman 08:33 AM 05-31-2018
Any chance of freeing up Vanleer's scholarship, or are we stuck with that mess?
Hoping for a "medical retirement" situation.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:04 AM 05-31-2018
Originally Posted by phisherman:
Hoping for a "medical retirement" situation.
-Tell him we accidentally messed up knee surgery
-Accidentally amputate from knee down
-Profit
[Reply]
OKchiefs 04:27 PM 05-31-2018
Another positive of hopefully not having a down year is the fucking SEC likely won't exclude us from the SEC/Big 12 challenge again.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:58 PM 05-31-2018
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
This is interesting:

Braun a late addition for Mizzou

Sandbothe is an underrated Tiger.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 06:08 PM 05-31-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Sandbothe is an underrated Tiger.
He played when I was in school. Loved him.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:33 PM 05-31-2018
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
He played when I was in school. Loved him.

One of the first Tigers I can remember. Was my dad’s favorite on those teams.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 08:49 AM 09-12-2018
Cullen VanLeer has medically retired and freed up a scholarship.

Also, McKinney and Liddell both visited over the weekend. McKinney cancelled his visit to Kansas State to visit Mizzou with Liddell, and there is hope he could commit soon. We need the help with Liddell, because Ohio State is rumored to be the favorite.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:27 AM 09-12-2018
Cullen VanLeer has medically retired and freed up a scholarship.

Also, McKinney and Liddell both visited over the weekend. McKinney cancelled his visit to Kansas State to visit Mizzou with Liddell, and there is hope he could commit soon. We need the help with Liddell, because Ohio State is rumored to be the favorite.
I was pretty excited when I first heard the news until I remembered that CVL is a senior and was almost certainly not going to play this season anyway. He was set to graduate so it's extremely unlikely Mizzou would've sought to medically redshirt him (and as a graduate, I don't think he had any basis to compel them to).

So since they really can't use the scholarship for this season anyway other than some kind of strange transfer case popping up that may be eligible in the spring and it was going to free up next season anyway, there's no real gain.

As for recruiting - Cuonzo's coming up a bit short this cycle. If he gets McKinney and Liddell that's a nice foundation but those appear to be the only 2 players the Tigers are even presently in on. I'm sure there's someone under the radar but it's unlikely to be a major piece.

Losing on Watts as abruptly as we did and then Tray Jackson (who seemed like a done deal) took a lot of momentum from this class and if he doesn't get McKinney and Liddell inked, the class will fall to shit in a hurry.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:40 AM 09-12-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I was pretty excited when I first heard the news until I remembered that CVL is a senior and was almost certainly not going to play this season anyway. He was set to graduate so it's extremely unlikely Mizzou would've sought to medically redshirt him (and as a graduate, I don't think he had any basis to compel them to).

So since they really can't use the scholarship for this season anyway other than some kind of strange transfer case popping up that may be eligible in the spring and it was going to free up next season anyway, there's no real gain.

As for recruiting - Cuonzo's coming up a bit short this cycle. If he gets McKinney and Liddell that's a nice foundation but those appear to be the only 2 players the Tigers are even presently in on. I'm sure there's someone under the radar but it's unlikely to be a major piece.

Losing on Watts as abruptly as we did and then Tray Jackson (who seemed like a done deal) took a lot of momentum from this class and if he doesn't get McKinney and Liddell inked, the class will fall to shit in a hurry.
True. I'm confident we'll get McKinney, but if we don't also get Liddell we will likely end up with an extremely disappointing class. I hope that isn't the case, because we should expect more from Cuonzo Martin as a recruiter.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:36 PM 09-21-2018
Mario McKinney is announcing on Monday at 5PM. Liddell cut his final 3 to Missouri, OSU, and Illinois with his last official visit coming this weekend at Illinois.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 05:38 PM 09-24-2018

Four-star combo guard Mario McKinney picks #Mizzou over Kansas State, Auburn, Iowa State and others. Full story from @ByKeeganPope: https://t.co/PyBTP6XF2E

— Power Mizzou (@PowerMizzoucom) September 24, 2018

[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:59 PM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:

Way to go Cuonzo!
[Reply]
Page 4 of 17
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up