ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 341
« First < 374344454647 484950515797147 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Frazod 09:20 AM 01-31-2017
Originally Posted by D2112:
Damn!! Nice!! You have no idea what I have to do to purchase a handgun in my state. Long guns and ammo I can just go and buy with my firearms ID. But I need to apply for a permit for each handgun I purchase. Permit costs $2 but it takes sometimes two months to get, and it's good for 3 months. If it goes any longer you have to get an extension. The permit has 4 copies, one for me, one for the gun store, one for local police, and one for state police. I could take my glocks with me (and copies of my permits) through pa and Ohio with no problems. But if you come to New Jersey with a gun even though you have an out of state permit they will throw you in jail and throw the key away.

My buddy lives in Pennsylvania and it took him two weeks to get his concealed carry permit lol no firearms id or permit or anything.
Illinois is fairly sane compared to states like New York, New Jersey and California. Standard three day waiting period for handguns purchased at a store and that's it. There are certain communities that have magazine size restrictions, but thankfully I don't live in one. Also having a CC permit overrides that bullshit anyway.

The process for getting my CC permit was expensive, time consuming and a pain in the ass, but it could have been worse. Illinois is a "will issue" state, meaning they have to prove why they won't give you a permit. In "may issue" states like New York, you have to prove to them why you need one, and unless your uncle is the mayor or a mob boss, or you're rich/famous, good luck with that. Seems like it took about three months. First you need a FOID (firearms owner ID), then you have to get 16 hours of training, then you apply. The training requirement annoyed me at the time, but in hindsight it was extremely useful - the guy I went to is an ex-Marine and ex-Chicago cop, who is a master shot and has been in a lot of bad real life situations. He knows his shit. Big difference between what you learn from somebody like that and your dad when you're stomping around out in the woods.
[Reply]
Pennywise 09:34 AM 01-31-2017
Originally Posted by Me:
If you don't buy anything else for your AR, especially if you're a lefty, get away from the shitty T charging handle and grab a HABU!

http://www.falcon37.com/our-product.html

Bump again. $75 for a sweet ass charging handle.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:43 AM 01-31-2017
Originally Posted by Pennywise:
Bump again. $75 for a sweet ass charging handle.
Hmm. Never seen that before. Looks really cool.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 05:01 PM 01-31-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
And here's a little bonus eye candy for you. This one is NOT mine - way too pricey for my blood. I'm just dropping it off at the gunsmith for my buddy when I take my new CZ in for its initial once-over.

STI DVC competition pistol in 9mm. Worth about $2,700. And yes, it shoots as good as it looks.

Man - I LOVE 1911's (have three of them) but (and I know the brand) that looks like a hot mess....Just an opinion, though.
[Reply]
Dunit35 05:36 PM 01-31-2017
Has anyone seen the Sig 1911 full size nickel coated. It looks badass.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:37 PM 01-31-2017
Originally Posted by BiStateNo:
Man - I LOVE 1911's (have three of them) but (and I know the brand) that looks like a hot mess....Just an opinion, though.
Yeah, I can see how you'd think that. Some people just hate Ferraris because they're too darn fast.

:-)
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 09:48 PM 01-31-2017
And here's another one! Just picked it up today.

CZ 75 D Compact PCR 9mm custom. This will be my every day carry gun.

Previously, depending on where I was going, I'd either carry an XDm 9mm or a Smith M&P 9c. Love the XDm (that's my going to Chicago gun), but with a 19 round mag it was heavy and tended to print a bit more than I liked. And the Smith, while a good carry gun, was just a bit too small for my tastes. So I got this to make an excellent compromise between the two. 14 round mag, good size, has a decocker, and is an obvious step up in quality. This one has an improved trigger and a competition hammer, just like my Shadow. So once I've got this up and running I'm going to sell the other two (also the deal I made with the wife, who's about fed up with the whole gun nut bit
:-) ). Now I'll have two 9mm's, both the same brand and overall model, so there won't be any real difference in feel or trigger pull.
:-)
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 09:49 PM 01-31-2017
And here's a little bonus eye candy for you. This one is NOT mine - way too pricey for my blood. I'm just dropping it off at the gunsmith for my buddy when I take my new CZ in for its initial once-over.

STI DVC competition pistol in 9mm. Worth about $2,700. And yes, it shoots as good as it looks.

I like this too..
[Reply]
Frazod 09:51 PM 01-31-2017
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
I like this too..
You should see his new AR. Dropped about $5K on that bad boy. My friend takes his shooting very seriously.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:53 PM 01-31-2017
You should see his new AR. Dropped about $5K on that bad boy. My friend takes his shooting very seriously.
Does his pistol have an extended clip or is it ejected?
[Reply]
Frazod 09:55 PM 01-31-2017
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
Does his pistol have an extended clip or is it ejected?
Extended. I think it holds 20 rounds, maybe a couple more. It's a bit longer than my XDm mag which holds 19.
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:24 PM 01-31-2017
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
WOW

I'll post up one or two of time when this board finally lets me post images. My Kimber Pro Carry II is wonderful.
I think you should be good now.
[Reply]
Dunit35 03:44 PM 02-01-2017
Any of you ever haggle at gun stores? First time I tried it a few months ago, I sucked.
I tried again at Cabala's a couple weeks ago and got them to come down from $580 to $500.

I'm looking at a badass Sig 1911 Nickel for $1k at our local shop, that's without the 9.1% sales tax we have. Cheapest I've found is $980 OTD on gunbroker. Was thinking on offering the $1k as an OTD price. The gun shop is never busy, parking lot is usually empty when I drive by it.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:54 PM 02-01-2017
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
Any of you ever haggle at gun stores? First time I tried it a few months ago, I sucked.
I tried again at Cabala's a couple weeks ago and got them to come down from $580 to $500.

I'm looking at a badass Sig 1911 Nickel for $1k at our local shop, that's without the 9.1% sales tax we have. Cheapest I've found is $980 OTD on gunbroker. Was thinking on offering the $1k as an OTD price. The gun shop is never busy, parking lot is usually empty when I drive by it.
I never have, but the place I go is generally mobbed. I think they'd just tell me to go fist myself.

But hey, give it a shot. The worst they can do is say no.
[Reply]
Dunit35 03:59 PM 02-01-2017
I never have, but the place I go is generally mobbed. I think they'd just tell me to go fist myself.

But hey, give it a shot. The worst they can do is say no.
It's me basically saying I'd like a 9.1% discount. I drive all over town for work and always look into their parking lot to see if they are busy, which they never are.

Their prices are usually a joke, which is probably why they aren't busy anymore.
[Reply]
Page 47 of 341
« First < 374344454647 484950515797147 > Last »
Up