ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 356 of 460
« First < 256306346352353354355356 357358359360366406456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
BWillie 02:01 PM 04-19-2019
Hey golf bros, I used to play golf everyday as a kid, but now only 1-2 times a year max. I have to play with an old teammate at a nice country club who golfs waaay more than I do. Since I don't want to get embarrassed I'm going to play a couple of times before we play. When I was at Top Golf the other day I was hitting the ball super low.

I was seeing what kind of ball you golf nerds would advise me to use to get more height on my tee shots? I hit a sweeping draw most of the time. Used to hit it 275-285 yards on avg. Top Golf said my driver ball speed was 150-155 mph.

Not looking to use ProV's but something in the middle tier since I probably won't play more than a couple times this year.
[Reply]
Dartgod 02:11 PM 04-19-2019
Hitting the ball low may be due to other circumstances than the ball. Could be the club, shaft, your swing, etc.

That said, I've been playing the Srixon Q-Star Tour and really like them. A high quality urethane ball for $30 a dozen.

I bought a couple of dozen of these used last year from lostgolfballs.com and the mint condition ones were truly like new. $9 a dozen right now.

https://www.lostgolfballs.com/golf-b...star-tour.html
[Reply]
BWillie 02:14 PM 04-19-2019
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Hitting the ball low may be due to other circumstances than the ball. Could be the club, shaft, your swing, etc.

That said, I've been playing the Srixon Q-Star Tour and really like them. A high quality urethane ball for $30 a dozen.
Oh yeah I'm sure it's my shitty swing. But I don't have time to work to fix it. Just want to mitigate that the best I can by a golf ball. Probably won't matter much either way, but I'll give those a try. TY
[Reply]
Dartgod 02:19 PM 04-19-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Oh yeah I'm sure it's my shitty swing. But I don't have time to work to fix it. Just want to mitigate that the best I can by a golf ball. Probably won't matter much either way, but I'll give those a try. TY
BTW, that $9 price on the used balls is only good through today and then back up to $17.99.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:33 PM 04-19-2019
Hey golf bros, I used to play golf everyday as a kid, but now only 1-2 times a year max. I have to play with an old teammate at a nice country club who golfs waaay more than I do. Since I don't want to get embarrassed I'm going to play a couple of times before we play. When I was at Top Golf the other day I was hitting the ball super low.

I was seeing what kind of ball you golf nerds would advise me to use to get more height on my tee shots? I hit a sweeping draw most of the time. Used to hit it 275-285 yards on avg. Top Golf said my driver ball speed was 150-155 mph.

Not looking to use ProV's but something in the middle tier since I probably won't play more than a couple times this year.

You didn’t ever avg 285 on your drives. The avg distance for amateurs is 225, im a 7 handicap and that’s really close to my avg drive as per my GPS.

To your question tho: why do you want height? I hit everything low as I can, line everything. Height to me increases variability (dispersion) and I hate being off into the rough or over the green.
[Reply]
Dartgod 02:39 PM 04-19-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
You didn’t ever avg 285 on your drives. The avg distance for amateurs is 225, im a 7 handicap and that’s really close to my avg drive as per my GPS.
You're so full of shit. I'm a 27 and regularly drive the ball 230-240 yards at 57 years old. I've been working on my swing and last year was hitting 250 occasionally. I know plenty of amateurs that are big hitters.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:41 PM 04-19-2019

To your question tho: why do you want height? I hit everything low as I can, line everything. Height to me increases variability (dispersion) and I hate being off into the rough or over the green.
I played D2 golf in college. I used to be a 1-2 handicap. Probably more about a 10 now thouh, since I've played 10 times in the last 8 years. I can still hit the ball hard, it just goes all over hell.

I want to hit the ball higher because when I hit the ball higher with my driver it goes further. I already hit a draw so I get good roll, and unless it's dead pan I hit it further when I can get more carry. I don't want my old college teammate mocking me hitting low knucklers while he's out driving me by 25 yards.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:48 PM 04-19-2019
Go on a launch monitor. Your launch angle is suboptimal and your spin rate might be too low. It's likely due to a combination of angle of attack and loft/shaft discordance
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:53 PM 04-19-2019
I played D2 golf in college. I used to be a 1-2 handicap. Probably more about a 10 now thouh, since I've played 10 times in the last 8 years. I can still hit the ball hard, it just goes all over hell.

I want to hit the ball higher because when I hit the ball higher with my driver it goes further. I already hit a draw so I get good roll, and unless it's dead pan I hit it further when I can get more carry. I don't want my old college teammate mocking me hitting low knucklers while he's out driving me by 25 yards.

Ok. If you played in college I’ll believe your distance.

But for 95% of folks, they avg 225.
[Reply]
Dartgod 02:57 PM 04-19-2019

:-)

You have a link to back that up?
[Reply]
O.city 03:03 PM 04-19-2019
2nd for getting on a monitor.

The Bridgestone midlevel Ball seems to be getting good reviews and I know a couple guys that play it that like it
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:03 PM 04-19-2019
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
:-)

You have a link to back that up?
I was totally wrong. It’s actually 208:

https://www.golfmagic.com/golf-news/...r-golfers-2017
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:05 PM 04-19-2019

Get some Bridgestone e6's. $20/dozen at Dick's. Or you could order some premium balls from a reseller like Lostgolfballs.

Ball speed of 155 corresponds to a carry distance of ~255-260, which would be right with your old average. If you were using the shit Callaway clones at Top Golf, I wouldn't put a ton of faith in that data.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:06 PM 04-19-2019

How this corresponds to carry distance:

[Reply]
O.city 03:09 PM 04-19-2019
The titleist guy had was at the club last Friday for demo day. Hit the new TS drivers. Numbers were better with my D2 from last year.

Did finally break down and get a new set of the CB irons. Have had the same ones the past 10 years the old 695 CB ones. Doubt it’ll chance a whole lot but my grooves were toast so it was time
[Reply]
Page 356 of 460
« First < 256306346352353354355356 357358359360366406456 > Last »
Up