ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 306 of 319
« First < 206256296302303304305306 307308309310316 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 12:07 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
What the **** is this gimmick, Bosschief?
Cringe. Pure cringe.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:09 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I don't buy this at all.

If they had the money to sign Trent Williams, they have the money to sign Orlando Brown.

THE issue is the draft picks and only the draft picks. If it were about money, then it would have been done already. In fact, he might have been their first target over Williams simply due to his age.
It’s not just the money...it’s the premium picks AND the money.

If it’s my call and I could send Baltimore 31 and a third next year that goes to a second if he makes the PB at LT and a first if he makes all pro, I’d do that and sign him to a huge deal in a minute. The kid is extremely talented and proved last year he could play on the left at a high level.

He’s literally made the pro bowl as a right AND left tackle and is 24.

To me, he’s probably worth as much to us as Silverback was if we can get him for just pick 31...slightly less if it costs more than that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:12 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
It’s not just the money...it’s the premium picks AND the money.

If it’s my call and I could send Baltimore 31 and a third next year that goes to a second if he makes the PB at LT and a first if he makes all pro, I’d do that and sign him to a huge deal in a minute. The kid is extremely talented and proved last year he could play on the left at a high level.

He’s literally made the pro bowl as a right AND left tackle and is 24.

To me, he’s probably worth as much to us as Silverback was if we can get him for just pick 31...slightly less if it costs more than that.
Of course, which is why it isn't bout the money, it's about the picks.

The Ravens might take the #32 pick from the Bucs because they're in the NFC.

There's no way on God's green earth they're taking the #31 pick from KC, their #1 obstacle in the AFC, for a 2-time pro bowler. No way.

It's a no-brainer for the Chiefs. A literal no-brainer. And there's no way the Ravens even consider it short of the Chiefs offering a package of picks that include multiple firsts, IMO.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:27 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Of course, which is why it isn't bout the money, it's about the picks.

The Ravens might take the #32 pick from the Bucs because they're in the NFC.

There's no way on God's green earth they're taking the #31 pick from KC, their #1 obstacle in the AFC, for a 2-time pro bowler. No way.

It's a no-brainer for the Chiefs. A literal no-brainer. And there's no way the Ravens even consider it short of the Chiefs offering a package of picks that include multiple firsts, IMO.
It’s not about either/or. It’s about the whole package combined. That’s why the Silverback deal was so important. We would have kept all of our picks this year. -still bummed-

Baltimore would be silly to flat out turn down an offer like this if all their looking for is a top 40 pick from another team...

31 this year

A conditional 3rd next year that goes to a second if he makes the pro bowl at LT.

OBJ2 has said he wants to sign a long term extension as part of a trade, so that’s a plus if he will indeed sign a long term extension for 20m per. That would give us super low cap hits the next 2 years and rising cap hits while the cap explodes under the new tv deals and while he’s entering his prime.

I mean...this is a kid that made 2/3 pro bowls and is 24. He could be Pats left tackle his whole career and CEH would love it.

He’s arguably worth 2 firsts if that’s what it takes.
[Reply]
O.city 12:47 PM 03-24-2021
I don’t know that he’s a LT in a pass first offense
[Reply]
Bootlegged 12:51 PM 03-24-2021
TY Hilton back to Colts on 1 year deal per Schefty.
[Reply]
TEX 12:53 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by Bootlegged:
TY Hilton back to Colts on 1 year deal per Schefty.
Bummer.
[Reply]
O.city 12:56 PM 03-24-2021
Well the market is pretty bare now.

Chiefs have only so many draft picks
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 12:58 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I trust Veach and our staffs ability to evaluate talent.

Here’s how it will work and this ISN'T speculation.

We will identify the group of OTs we feel can play in our system at a pro bowl or all pro level. We only have interest in that level of player for group 1. We will run through 20-30 internal mocks to try to identify where those guys will land. We will have a timeline of how we will specialize the training for each of them if we were to pick them so we have a plan in place to develop them.

Before the draft starts, we will have conversations with GMs at certain “sweet spots” to gauge their interest in moving down and identify the spots we can move to and the likely cost to do so. We will also reach out to other teams to do counter intelligence and to give misinformation to try to push other talents up so our guys fall a little more.

Once the draft is underway, we will be patient until it’s necessary to be aggressive..but trust me when I say our aggressiveness to go get the guy we want out of that list will be bold. That time will be when there are 2 of the guys on our list on the board. We’re hoping that doesn’t happen till the 20s, but it could be much sooner and we are willing to use next years first to move up to get the guy we feel can make Pat comfortable in the pocket enough to go through progressions.

Hopefully as the draft nears (within 3-4 days of the draft) we can convince Baltimore to make a realistic deal with us, but at this point that doesn’t seem likely. If it were just the picks, the deal would be done already...but the picks and the contract requires a lot of very limited resources and commitment and there’s a utoff point (like in the silverback negotiations) when the arOI is no longer there.
Interesting stuff.

Pretty cool to have an actual insider on the board.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:00 PM 03-24-2021
Damn, Lattimer with the breaking news. Wouldn't have put money on that, lol.

TY would have been a nice compliment in this offense. Oh well, onward.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:03 PM 03-24-2021
Fuck
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 01:04 PM 03-24-2021
McAfee got a text from TY where he claimed to have turned down a LOT of money to come back to the Colts.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:05 PM 03-24-2021
Veach is drawing a line in the sand on some of these guys with money and I’m fine with it. $8 million guaranteed for a 32 year old WR when you only have around $20 million (and you have to hold back $8 million for the draft) is not going to work.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:16 PM 03-24-2021
I told y’all yesterday he would decide today or tomorrow.

He got Indy to up their offer. Good for him.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:22 PM 03-24-2021
Meh. Wouldn’t wanna pay him that much.

We’re gonna do some trading at some point, maybe before, maybe after the draft.

Veach isn’t just gonna not improve the roster. But you can do it within reason.
[Reply]
Page 306 of 319
« First < 206256296302303304305306 307308309310316 > Last »
Up