ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 95
« First < 354142434445 4647484955 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick, Tyrann and friends have something to say
Dante84 07:18 PM 06-04-2020

#StrongerTogether pic.twitter.com/sfwF9Uvgaa

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) June 5, 2020

We love and support our players. We’re proud of you Patrick and Tyrann.@PatrickMahomes @Mathieu_Era https://t.co/JwL6p0vzP6

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) June 5, 2020

We, the NFL, condemn racism and the systematic oppression of Black People. We, the NFL, admit we were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest. We, the NFL, believe Black Lives Matter. #InspireChange pic.twitter.com/ENWQP8A0sv

— NFL (@NFL) June 5, 2020

[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:06 PM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I won’t disagree that things are harder for black people, but that’s just the reality of being a minority. Nothing will ever change that.
Thank you for sharing this. I have nothing more to add to this thread when you’ve decided that that’s just the acceptable reality and “nothing will ever change that.”
[Reply]
staylor26 05:13 PM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
first of all, I'm a musician, studio engineer, live audio engineer, and producer. I've been the only white guy on stage many, many times. I played in a mixed race Afrobeat band. I've worked with most of the jazz musicians in KC (and there are a LOT, and many of them black). I've worked alongside many hip-hop artists, both in the studio, and live. And not just worked; my house which contains my studio has been a social hub for years and years. Where the party goes after the show. You know, the house that sits between TROOST AND PASEO. Off 39th Street. Do you know anything about Kansas City? How about we call this little exchange what it really is: ME talking about my personal experiences and observations and you talking about YOURS.

Oh, and my Dad was a 'Nam vet and musician too. He didn't just have a black friend, almost ALL of his friends were black. I grew up around black 'Nam vets and musicians. But I'm a 'corny ass white dude'.

Don't pretend you know me.

And second, why is it, do you think, that those black kids are taught from birth that the Police are the enemy? Do you think that's an accident? Some kind of fucking superstition? Or do you think MAYBE there's a reason for that?

I mean the mental gymnastics you're contorting through to try to force this argument is some Olympic level shit.
Do you want to talk about the statistics or not? Because if we’re simply talking about police brutality, it’s most definitely a myth

Go watch the countless videos, even some of the most egregious killings start with resisting. Why do you think that is? And if police are the enemy shouldn’t that be more of a reason to comply? I mean if I were black, I’d be more concerned with making sure my kids know not to resist than anything, yet it’s a common theme in just about ALL of the cases.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:13 PM 06-07-2020
And I’ve already told you that there are studies that suggest otherwise. That’s why I don’t put a lot of stock into either.

I won’t disagree that things are harder for black people, but that’s just the reality of being a minority. Nothing will ever change that. It doesn’t stop Asians from being successful as a group as well as many other blacks.

Also, blacks get profiled, arrested, etc. disproportionately but they also commit violent crimes disproportionately. When blacks are committing more crime, even if it’s more about class than anything, what do you expect police to do?

You know what’s a bigger problem than racism in the black community? The completely breakdown of the black family. It’s not even remotely close, but since that’s a touchy subject people would rather talk about race.

So, facts are facts.

EXCEPT when facts that disprove your stance are presented.

THEN facts are not facts.

Got it.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:14 PM 06-07-2020
Do you want to talk about the statistics or not? Because if we’re simply talking about police brutality, it’s most definitely a myth

Go watch the countless videos, even some of the most egregious killings start with resisting. Why do you think that is? And if police are the enemy shouldn’t that be more of a reason to comply? I mean if I were black, I’d be more concerned with making sure my kids know not to resist than anything, yet it’s a common theme in just about ALL of the cases.
Sure, you want to start with the huge statistical dump that Twisted Chief just dropped on your argument?
[Reply]
staylor26 05:14 PM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Thank you for sharing this. I have nothing more to add to this thread when you’ve decided that that’s just the acceptable reality and “nothing will ever change that.”
Do you not agree in almost every situation, no matter where, being a minority is harder than being part of the majority?

That’s just an undeniable truth. Things can certainly be be better, and in no way am I saying they shouldn’t be.
[Reply]
eDave 05:16 PM 06-07-2020
ITT: Staylor getting his ass handed to him. Seems to enjoy it.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:16 PM 06-07-2020
Do you not agree in almost every situation, no matter where, being a minority is harder than being part of the majority?

That’s just an undeniable truth. Things can certainly be be better, and in no way am I saying they shouldn’t be.
Well, in your personal anecdotes, black people come up to you all the time and just tell you how racism isn't a big deal. So it's encouraging to hear you say this.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:20 PM 06-07-2020
Sure, you want to start with the huge statistical dump that Twisted Chief just dropped on your argument?
That wasn’t about police brutality, which is the main subject that you both seem to want to get away from.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj...sm-11591119883

A cop is 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black man than an unarmed black man is to be killed by a cop. 9 unarmed blacks were killed last year, and there’s been 3 so far this year. That doesn’t support your narrative or the one driving these protests/riots whatsoever.

Black people aren’t protesting/rioting because they’re more likely to be pulled over or it’s harder for them to get a job.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:20 PM 06-07-2020
But Staylor, I'm a little confused.

If our personal anecdotes don't matter, and feelings don't matter, and that mass of statistics that Twisted Chief dropped on you don't matter, then what the fuck are we actually talking about?
[Reply]
staylor26 05:21 PM 06-07-2020
So, facts are facts.

EXCEPT when facts that disprove your stance are presented.

THEN facts are not facts.

Got it.
No, I clearly said that there are studies that dispute it as well, but ignore that part. I also acknowledged there’s some truth to that kind of racism.

Let’s stick to police brutality. I’m not going to allow you guys to move the goalposts on what’s supposed the real issue because you want to prove racism still exists (which I’m already aware of and will acknowledge).
[Reply]
crazycoffey 05:37 PM 06-07-2020
For the last 6 years it’s really felt like every aspect in life comes down to racist cops. Never racist law makers, lawyers and judges. If more black people are being convicted than it’s the system, not the cops. Or is it? I mean, if any person gets belligerent to a judge, that’s when you see power trips come out.

But it’s in sports, tv shows and movies, all over the internet. It’s almost like the “Alex sucks” narrative took over every conversation on CP. We know there are flaws in the whole system.

So now; how do we fix it?

Burn and/or steal? Obvious no. But it’s happeneing.

Defund the police? I don’t think that will help. But the idea is gaining ground in some areas.

Education and training? I think that’s a better direction. But that applies to everyone. I see people calling for murder 1st in these cases and often times the variables and facts don’t meet the criteria in the letter of the law. Everyone’s definitions of law, justice, racism, brutality etc are all different.

Too many emotional connections. It’s not a worse crime if you get a chance to see it and have an emotional reaction to it. That’s happening too much on both sides
[Reply]
staylor26 05:38 PM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
ITT: Staylor getting his ass handed to him. Seems to enjoy it.
:-)

I got my ass handed to me yet nobody wants to talk about police brutality (the main subject) because I’ve completely destroyed that argument, so they’ve moved the goalposts.

If that’s getting your ass handed to you, then sure.

Meanwhile, you’ve added absolutely nothing to the conversation with your 3-5 word posts per usual. Kill yourself you useless fuck.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:42 PM 06-07-2020
That wasn’t about police brutality, which is the main subject that you both seem to want to get away from.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj...sm-11591119883

A cop is 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black man than an unarmed black man is to be killed by a cop. 9 unarmed blacks were killed last year, and there’s been 3 so far this year. That doesn’t support your narrative or the one driving these protests/riots whatsoever.

Black people aren’t protesting/rioting because they’re more likely to be pulled over or it’s harder for them to get a job.
https://www.currentaffairs.org/2018/...lice-killings/
That's just flat out wrong. Not only is the data suspect since police data is horribly non transparent. But in this case it's intentionally misrepresented.

That's only if you get past the shocking premise that... Get this... Police officers who deal with often dangerous criminals are more likely to get shot.
[Reply]
eDave 05:42 PM 06-07-2020
:-)

I got my ass handed to me yet nobody wants to talk about police brutality (the main subject) because I’ve completely destroyed that argument, so they’ve moved the goalposts.

If that’s getting your ass handed to you, then sure.

Meanwhile, you’ve added absolutely nothing to the conversation with your 3-5 word posts per usual. Kill yourself you useless fuck.
I don't bring a bag load of bullshit with my posts so words of explanation are not required, nor is it productive for me. It's also not my intention to sway you.

Have your ass back.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 05:43 PM 06-07-2020
Watch this. I used to work with this officers wife in Dallas. I shared it on my Facebook page with the line “well played”

I had a couple immediate interactions with other officers who said the officer was wrong to kneel. And I asked why? They weren’t rioting, they were protesting. They weren’t threatening him and he made a show of faith to his community he works in that they do matter to him. He did not kneel over a burning flag or during the anthem. I can’t see any problem with this. If the protestors had intent to do evil, it could’ve been worse. But you can feel energy in person with people you just don’t get online or in texts.

https://www.wfaa.com/mobile/video/ne...sy4uJVBGxZLuqA
[Reply]
Page 45 of 95
« First < 354142434445 4647484955 > Last »
Up