ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1741 of 3903
« First < 741124116411691173117371738173917401741 174217431744174517511791184122412741 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 06:44 PM 04-30-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
That's not good actually. Means they can spread it easier. Nonetheless I wouldn't place much stock in prison tests. Prison. Not exactly a pillar of good or no corruption.
If the end game is immunity, wouldn’t you want more people to get it and not actually have symptoms?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 06:47 PM 04-30-2020
https://www.who.int/emergencies/dise...w-to-use-masks
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:48 PM 04-30-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I think more people are saying fuck it
I didn't really pick up that vibe, as everyone had a full cart at Ralphs and while there were a few people getting paint, plants and things of that nature, there were dozens of contractors picking up items for their clients.

The vibe that I got was that people weren't as "afraid" as they were a month ago. When this all went down in LA in early March, it seemed like people were "scared". There was no chatter at the grocery stores or Costco or Target or basically anywhere whereas today, people were talking, through a mask obviously, but still talking.

I spoke with several women today and the main topic of conversation was "This is so weird. Everything is just weird. Everything".

It was definitely better than silence.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:50 PM 04-30-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
If the end game is immunity, wouldn’t you want more people to get it and not actually have symptoms?
We do , it just might make it harder to keep out of the old age homes when as we open up.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:01 PM 04-30-2020
Yeah, you know I'm sure that will be a difficult thing to repeal..
Yeah because it’s not like there are good reasons for states/cities to have anti-mask laws in place.

But everything goes with Corona Madness apparently.
[Reply]
jdubya 07:02 PM 04-30-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I didn't really pick up that vibe, as everyone had a full cart at Ralphs and while there were a few people getting paint, plants and things of that nature, there were dozens of contractors picking up items for their clients.

The vibe that I got was that people weren't as "afraid" as they were a month ago. When this all went down in LA in early March, it seemed like people were "scared". There was no chatter at the grocery stores or Costco or Target or basically anywhere whereas today, people were talking, through a mask obviously, but still talking.

I spoke with several women today and the main topic of conversation was "This is so weird. Everything is just weird. Everything".

It was definitely better than silence.
I agree. A month ago it seemed like we were all flinched waiting for the massive blow to punch.......and it never really came, at least not here in the Bay Area. Santa Clara got punched in the mouth a bit but most other counties up here are very quiet.
[Reply]
banyon 07:06 PM 04-30-2020
MSNBC blowing up Lansing correctional facility right now

75% positive, 2 dead
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 07:09 PM 04-30-2020
South Korea with 9 new cases yesterday, after being a hot spot weeks ago. Why?

They wear masks. Everywhere.

That is all we have to do. That's it. Then you guys can go back to work. Whatever you want to do. Mandate masks. This is effectively over. Annoying? Sure. Just masks until vaccine.
Seriously? (Or trolling?). Are you aware of everything South Korea did?

They are tracking everyone on their phone. When you ride the subway, you take a picture of a QR code for that specific train car. If someone else who was on that exact same train car (car, not train) gets covid, they will track down everyone who was exposed and test them.

If you test positive, you get quarantined. This is not voluntarily. If you leave your house you can be subject to penalties. Social workers periodically visit to make sure you are staying there (and your phone also spies on you).

They will also bring you groceries and any other essentials you may need to make it easier to stay quarantined.

The mask may help some, the jury is still out on that. Lots of testing, followed by lots of contact tracing, followed by strictly observed quarantine.

That's all we have to do.

Just saying if we all wear masks we can be like South Korea? No. Unfortunately not.
[Reply]
JakeLV 07:17 PM 04-30-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Seriously? (Or trolling?). Are you aware of everything South Korea did?

They are tracking everyone on their phone. When you ride the subway, you take a picture of a QR code for that specific train car. If someone else who was on that exact same train car (car, not train) gets covid, they will track down everyone who was exposed and test them.

If you test positive, you get quarantined. This is not voluntarily. If you leave your house you can be subject to penalties. Social workers periodically visit to make sure you are staying there (and your phone also spies on you).

They will also bring you groceries and any other essentials you may need to make it easier to stay quarantined.

The mask may help some, the jury is still out on that. Lots of testing, followed by lots of contact tracing, followed by strictly observed quarantine.

That's all we have to do.

Just saying if we all wear masks we can be like South Korea? No. Unfortunately not.
I was actually kicking around the idea of coding this now to keep it private and out of gov’t hands, since I’m confident we wouldn’t get that bit of privacy back. Privately manage, and you agree to allow your contact info out to local health departments when needed for contact testing. Add in TOS that once the pandemic has been handled, all data destroyed and never selling or letting third parties access your data outside of health departments for contact testing.

Don’t know how to get user adoption though.
[Reply]
O.city 07:23 PM 04-30-2020
Leronlimab supposedly showing strong results.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:31 PM 04-30-2020
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...virus-n1194786

Six dead at that Ohio prison everyone was talking about that had all the asymptomatic prisoners. As the disease progresses to more outcome, I'm sure we can expect more deaths.
[Reply]
SupDock 07:46 PM 04-30-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
You can now get tested for free, in drive-thru (something that should have happened by March but I digress) but as far as I know the test for antibodies isn't available yet.

I want one when it is. I'm pretty convinced I had this shit in January
It's available
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:49 PM 04-30-2020
Lansing prison shows us how out of touch the open everything crow is
[Reply]
TLO 07:50 PM 04-30-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
It's available
In some places
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:53 PM 04-30-2020
EVERYBODY wears masks in my town.It's mandatory and we have the highest number of cases per capita in the state of Texas. Thanks to JBS!
[Reply]
Page 1741 of 3903
« First < 741124116411691173117371738173917401741 174217431744174517511791184122412741 > Last »
Up