ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 14
« First < 3910111213 14 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Trump: Mosques are essential
RodeoPants2 01:33 PM 05-22-2020

"Today, I am identifying houses of worship, churches, synagogues, and mosques as essential places that provide essential services." pic.twitter.com/PptCGYNAaa

— The White House (@WhiteHouse) May 22, 2020

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 07:32 PM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I agree on the last, but you can watch the video of Trump making the statement yourself, or even read the statement:
Dude, I know what was said. It was a big topic around here. You seem to be forgetting the part where Trump himself clarified the issue in a time frame of about 24 hours, noting that U.S. Muslim citizens abroad would be allowed to return.
[Reply]
listopencil 07:36 PM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Dude, I know what was said. You seem to be forgetting the part where Trump himself clarified the issue in a time frame of about 24 hours, noting that citizens abroad would be allowed to return.
I know what he changed it to. He had all the time in the world to craft that message, no rush at all. He had the time to craft a statement worthy of a guy running for POTUS. What he came up with was stupid, and wrong, and unconstitutional. And he blasted it everywhere he could. There is no reason to cover for his fuck up.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 07:38 PM 05-25-2020
I know what he changed it to. He had all the time in the world to craft that message, no rush at all. He had the time to craft a statement worthy of a guy running for POTUS. What he came up with was stupid, and wrong, and unconstitutional. And he blasted it everywhere he could. There is no reason to cover for his **** up.
I'm not covering for anything. You're reading more into the original statement than was there.

That would be your fuck up.
[Reply]
listopencil 07:43 PM 05-25-2020
I'm not covering for anything. You're reading more into the original statement than was there.

That would be your fuck up.
No, I'm reading the actual words of his statement, the same statement that he put out as far and as wide as he could. Try reading it. Because if you think I'm fucking up then you haven't read the thing.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 07:44 PM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Because it was on your list of things you think people who care about the 1st amendment should care about.

So?
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 07:46 PM 05-25-2020
No, I'm reading the actual words of his statement, the same statement that he put out as far and as wide as he could. Try reading it. Because if you think I'm ****ing up then you haven't read the thing.
I've read it about a million times, thanks.
[Reply]
listopencil 07:48 PM 05-25-2020
I've read it about a million times, thanks.
Cool. Read this part:

Donald Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on.

It's the kind of dumb shit that an emotional Boomer posts on Facebook to get likes.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 07:49 PM 05-25-2020
Cool. Read this part:

Donald Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on.

It's the kind of dumb shit that an emotional Boomer posts on Facebook to get likes.
I've read it, seemingly about a million times, as I said. Please show the part with the word "citizen".
[Reply]
listopencil 07:51 PM 05-25-2020
I've read it, seemingly about a million times, as I said. Please show the part with the word "citizen".
Is it your stance that a Muslim cannot be an American citizen?
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 07:53 PM 05-25-2020
Is it your stance that a Muslim cannot be an American citizen?
No. My stance is that a statement with a clouded/unanswered subpart was clarified in about a day, after a lot of confusion, including such confusion within the campaign ranks itself. Your stance seems to be that you don't see any clouded/unanswered subpart, despite the obviously clouded/unanswered subpart.
[Reply]
listopencil 07:54 PM 05-25-2020
No. My stance is that a statement with a clouded/unanswered subpart was clarified in about a day. Your stance seems to be that you don't see any clouded/unanswered subpart, despite the obviously clouded/unanswered subpart.
No, my stance is that the statement, as written, is stupid, wrong, and unconstitutional.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 08:06 PM 05-25-2020
No. My stance is that a statement with a clouded/unanswered subpart was clarified in about a day, after a lot of confusion, including such confusion within the campaign ranks itself. Your stance seems to be that you don't see any clouded/unanswered subpart, despite the obviously clouded/unanswered subpart.

What part of complete and total leads you to think that there are any exclusions?
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 08:11 PM 05-25-2020
No, my stance is that the statement, as written, is stupid, wrong, and unconstitutional.
Then you would be wrong. The statement is not stupid, it's certainly not wrong, and the unconstitutional issue would hinge on full meaning, which was made clear in 24 hours.

You're making a really shitty argument.
[Reply]
listopencil 08:25 PM 05-25-2020
Then you would be wrong. The statement is not stupid, it's certainly not wrong, and the unconstitutional issue would hinge on full meaning, which was made clear in 24 hours.

You're making a really shitty argument.
No, I'm very clearly correct. Words have meanings. It's stupid mainly because it's pointless as a stance. It's wrong because it shifts the blame for terrorist attacks from radical jihadists to all Muslims. It's unconstitutional because the feds aren't allowed to discriminate in that way. It was a huge fail on Trump's part and it made him look foolish. Perhaps he should have surrounded himself with better people, or at least somebody who could stop him from being foolish.

To his credit he eventually hammered out a ban that was workable. He banned immigration from countries that were known to be hotbeds of terrorist activity. That's smart. That's correct. That's legal. But that's also not what was in his original statement.
[Reply]
patteeu 01:17 PM 05-26-2020
I know what he changed it to. He had all the time in the world to craft that message, no rush at all. He had the time to craft a statement worthy of a guy running for POTUS. What he came up with was stupid, and wrong, and unconstitutional. And he blasted it everywhere he could. There is no reason to cover for his fuck up.
Youíre still stuck on message over action. Which is fine, but itís a different conversation. You donít infringe on anyoneís first amendment rights by saying infringy things. You do it by doing infringy things.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 14
« First < 3910111213 14 >
Up