ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 43
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs signing CB DeAndre Baker to practice squad
pugsnotdrugs19 05:51 PM 11-16-2020
I’ve seen this in a couple spots now, it’s early but here’s this from a NYP journalist... https://twitter.com/nypost_schwartz/...959128576?s=21

Originally Posted by :
Giants are not in on DeAndre Baker.
Teams interested: Chiefs, Bengals, 49ers and Jaguars.
This would obviously be a hell of a low risk/high reward move that makes so much sense for a team destined to pick in the 30s.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 11:00 PM 11-16-2020
if i were an NFL gm my strategy would be study dave gettleman and do the diametric opposite of whatever he does
[Reply]
BossChief 11:06 PM 11-16-2020
Sneed
Fenton
Ward
Baker

No need for a major investment for multiple years at the position if Baker is signed.
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:10 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
got marty on it
so annoying - that dude is a legend in his own mind and that's literally it. I can name about 13,999 Cp'ers who don't buy into him, like you do.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:21 PM 11-16-2020
Is this Buddha baker
[Reply]
BossChief 11:31 PM 11-16-2020
He and Mecole know each other well. I’m sure they are in each other’s ear.
[Reply]
Cosmos 01:08 AM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
How many former first round guards with only 1 year of accrued time are available?
Trying to steer conversation back to a free agent CB...like in the thread title.
[Reply]
Redbled 01:15 AM 11-17-2020
Chiefs have a lineman coming in next year as our 3rd round pick in Niang. Not a big need. Sure is nice to have few needs. Love to see us add CB depth. Also love how players want to play here.
[Reply]
Jamie 01:40 AM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
BTW Dane there at a minimum 7 player groups not including ST on a NFL team so if you need help with that math I can accommodate. And apparently its higher than 5th grade level.
I was curious, so I did the math. In 22 drafts Andy Reid has had 17 first round picks, plus two first round picks traded for players (Jason Peters & Frank Clark) for a total of 19. You could arguably count Mahomes as two first round picks, but I didn't. Here's how it broke down:

QB - 2 (10.5%)
RB/WR - 3 (15.8%)
OL - 4 (21.1%)
DL - 8 (42.1%)
LB - 0 (0%)
DB - 2 (10.5%)

Also I think it's worth pointing out, Andy had Tra Thomas and Jon Runyan for his first 10 years in Philly, and has had Fisher and Schwartz for most of his time here. Point being, you don't have to spend a lot of resources on a position if it's already solved. Flip side of that, he's taken a lot of DL because his hit rate there has been mediocre.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:00 AM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Sneed
Fenton
Ward
Baker

No need for a major investment for multiple years at the position if Baker is signed.
Are we going to be able to afford Ward? Hes been bad this year but someone will give him Steve Nelson's contract
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:11 AM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Once is 21 years IS an outlier. It's the definition of "outlier".

Furthermore, Eric Fisher plays LT, the only premiere position on the offensive line.

People want a high-round pick spent on the interior OL. It's not going to happen.
I would be careful with absolutes. How many RBs did he draft in the first round? Gotta see where we are picking, who's on the board, who we sign. Etc
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:38 AM 11-17-2020
How many times has Reid been a Super Bowl winner returning most if not all of his quality starters?

I don't think any position is off the table, especially if it's at one of the few true areas of need.

Picking at #32 is also a factor; positional value is kind of out the window.

I see no reason why we wouldn't take a Center or Guard at #32 if it was a perfect fit type player.
[Reply]
Skyy God 07:56 AM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Are we going to be able to afford Ward? Hes been bad this year but someone will give him Steve Nelson's contract
For 2021, absolutely.

He’ll be an RFA and make $2M-ish.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:36 AM 11-17-2020
Don't know anything about him, but if Carcosa want's him, SO DO I!

GET IT DON, CROWLE!!!!!
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:46 AM 11-17-2020
What a crazy story.

If the Chiefs can add him and keep it under the cap, yes, absolutely, add him. That would be a really huge value and give the team a lot of flexibility in addition to improving play on the field.

Moving forward, yes, you'd have Baker and Fenton and Sneed at CB, but it could also free up Sneed to be used more as a hybrid player. With him, Mathieu and Thornhill all capable of lining up in the slot, playing box safety, or playing deep. Think of the mix-and-match capabilities for Spagnuolo!

Also would set them up to potentially walk from Sorenson if thy decide to move Sneed to more of a hybrid/safety role.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 09:09 AM 11-17-2020
I remember wanting Baker when he came out of Georgia. I'd imagine the price would be pretty low to get him so why not
[Reply]
Page 10 of 43
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up