ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 491 of 1208
« First < 391441481487488489490491 492493494495501541591991 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:29 AM 04-17-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I'm not a big lamb guy, but I'd be interested in how GOOD lamb tastes.

What kind of dressing you rolling with? I need to up my salad game, and a dressing that would work with strawberries sounds amazing.
I love rack of lamb—so tender and tasty. It's a different taste so you'll just have to try it. Try it with the rack. as it's the best part imo.
I try to have rack of lamb for Easter as it goes with that holiday.

I used a light poppy seed dressing with this because of the strawberries. It's a mild semi-sweet taste.I had some finely diced scallions too, but not much else besides spinach.

I prefer lemon poppy seed dressing but didn't feel like making it. I was out of time.

I bought this brand: You can even get it at WalMart. Never even seen it at Trader Joes.

[Reply]
Buehler445 08:31 AM 04-17-2017
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
What don't you like about lamb? If it's a little strongly flavored, try to find domestic lamb. It's generally milder. Additionally, almost all the strong flavor of lamb is in the fat - so if you trim off most of the fat caps, you'll tame it a bit.
I've never cooked it.

Most of the lamb I've had has been terribly overcooked and dry. The one that was nicely done was incredibly bland (That one was on a cruise).

I'm predisposed to cow. I live in feedlot country, and have learned some about their nutrition programs and the way they do business, and I'm pro-cow. Moreover, pro-grain finished, professionally fed cow.

I think it comes down to I know what I'm doing with cow. I eat a lot of chicken and some pork, but if you ask me what I'd like for dinner, it's going to be a cow dish.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:32 AM 04-17-2017
I've never cooked it.

Most of the lamb I've had has been terribly overcooked and dry. The one that was nicely done was incredibly bland (That one was on a cruise).

I'm predisposed to cow. I live in feedlot country, and have learned some about their nutrition programs and the way they do business, and I'm pro-cow. Moreover, pro-grain finished, professionally fed cow.

I think it comes down to I know what I'm doing with cow. I eat a lot of chicken and some pork, but if you ask me what I'd like for dinner, it's going to be a cow dish.
Lamb I got is from New Zealand. It was at Costco. It's not that strongly flavored, imo. Just different.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:34 AM 04-17-2017
I've never cooked it.

I am also pro-cow and pro-grain finished cow. We eat some chicken and pork, but mostly beef. We've started doing a lot more fish now that my wife has a taste for it.
[Reply]
scho63 10:28 AM 04-17-2017
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Easter Dinner:

rack of lamb
asparagus
rice pilaf
spinach salad with strawberries
(poppy seed dressing0
Cabernet Sauvignon wine

Chocolate cake with marshmallow and nuts between layers and whipped chocolate ganache frosting. Decorated with a coconut nets with candy Eggs inside. Precede by a mini jelly bean Easter basket.

Cafe Verona coffee
:-):-):-):-)

Great menu, wish I had dropped by for Easter dinner! :-)

I LOVE rack of lamb and lamb in general. Had lamb stew at Mulligan's Irish bar in Vegas about a week ago and had 4 double cut perfectly cooked and seasoned lamb chops in Tulsa OK at a place called The Spudder on March 19th with long time friends who live there. Top 5 lamb meals I ever had, that's how good, thick and juicy they were! :-)
[Reply]
tooge 10:30 AM 04-17-2017
Do you reheat or do you eat it cold? I can't reheat poultry without it tasting funky.
It's smoked, so reheated is fine, but so is cold. I generally eat it cold though.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 10:39 AM 04-17-2017
This was a grilled recipe from Cook's Illustrated.

1 tablespoon allspice berries
1 tablespoon black peppercorns
1 ½ teaspoons dried thyme
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 ½ teaspoons dry mustard
¾ teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoon cayenne pepper

Grind the allspice, peppercorns, and thyme. Then combine with the rest.

I cut the cayenne in half since my wife doesn't like too much heat. I thought it could use more heat, she liked it right where it was.

The key to the grilling part of this recipe is brining the legs (1/2 c. salt, 2 qt. water) for 30-60 minutes, and then cooking them indirect to 185 degrees, then crisp the skin.

The low and slow of indirect renders the fat really well. It's kind of a long cook - all in, took about an hour, but turned out some of the best legs I've done on a grill. The brine keeps the meat really juicy even though you're basically overcooking it on purpose.
Bonus on this. The leftover cold chicken is pretty awesome.
[Reply]
Nickhead 03:28 PM 04-17-2017
just because you all have mentioned it, lamb :-)

i had never tried it before i arrived in australia. now it's my go to meat. there is nothing better. the easiest is leg of lamb. lamb loin chops are really nice (lamb t-bones) on the grill. will even add a little lamb mince to my meatloaf's. everyone's familiar with garlic and rosemary, but what i really like is using a balsamic glaze whether its on the grill or in the oven.

if you do get a leg of lamb, ask ahead for the shank attached. five pound leg's are the bomb yo! :-)

and in honor of the leg o lamb, having not done one in some time, temp's are getting cooler, will do one up this week and post my pics :-)
[Reply]
TimBone 03:38 PM 04-17-2017
Originally Posted by Buzz:
I have been eyeing lobster tail, why was it overdone? Did you cook it the same overall time as the steak? I was thinking to cook it like shrimp, cook until pink and pull it off the grill.
Sorry, Buzz. I just noticed this post amongst all the Clay stuff.

I used the Weber website recommendations since I couldn't get a hold of my brother in law before cooking.

https://www.weber.com/US/en/blog/grilled-lobster-tails

I used the method they talked about where you cut the lobster tail and open it like a book. I thought their cook times seemed high, so I cut about a minute off of each side, and it still came out over done. Tasted good, though.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:48 PM 04-17-2017
Eating good.

[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:32 PM 04-17-2017
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:33 PM 04-17-2017
Slop in a skillet....
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:35 PM 04-17-2017
Originally Posted by ASS11:
Eating good.

Looks like Alex Smith.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:43 PM 04-17-2017
that dish has more flavor than anything you eat, plebe
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:56 PM 04-17-2017
Originally Posted by ASS11:
that dish has more flavor than anything you eat, plebe
Prolly. But as good as it might taste, it would kill me fo sho!
[Reply]
Page 491 of 1208
« First < 391441481487488489490491 492493494495501541591991 > Last »
Up