ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
The Lounge>Best drafts of all time
O.city 08:26 AM 11-21-2020
I know itís still early in this, but I was bored and looking back at draft classes.

Is there an argument that the 2017 draft is the best draft of all time?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_NFL_Draft

Look thru that list.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 08:37 AM 11-21-2020
Isn't it the one with Sanders considered the best
[Reply]
TambaBerry 08:37 AM 11-21-2020
4 of the top 5 picks are Hall of famers
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 08:51 AM 11-21-2020
The 1983 QB class. Except for the chiefs who drafted Todd Blackledge ->http://youtu.be/-7ntoWmnHVs
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:57 AM 11-21-2020
You know it's one hell of a draft when 3 of the bottom 6 first round picks are legit pro bowlers. Would be 4 if reuben foster had his head screwed on straight.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:46 AM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Isn't it the one with Sanders considered the best
25 Pro Bowlers, five of whom are in the HOF in that draft class.

...





And Tony Mandarich.
[Reply]
alanm 09:48 AM 11-21-2020
Garret Bolles says hold my beer.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:49 AM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
25 Pro Bowlers, five of whom are in the HOF in that draft class.

...





And Tony Mandarich.
I used to think Todd Blackledge wore an albatross around his neck. Yikes.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:55 AM 11-21-2020
Wow. Looking at that 2017 class is crazy. It's way too early but guys like Mahomes, CMC, Kamara, TJ Watt, etc look like HOF talents.

2011 was a pretty great draft as well. I'm not going to go back and look but Von Miller, Cam Newton, Julio Jones and a bunch of others. Maybe JJ Watt?

The 89 draft's top 5 was insane. Barry Sanders, Deion Sanders, Derrick Thomas and another I can't remember. Was it Aikman?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:59 AM 11-21-2020
2011 had a crazy set of pass rushers. Von, JJ, Houston, Cam Jordan, Aldon Smith, Robert Quinn, Ryan Kerrigan.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:03 AM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
2011 had a crazy set of pass rushers. Von, JJ, Houston, Cam Jordan, Aldon Smith, Robert Quinn, Ryan Kerrigan.
Man, what could Aldon Smith have been had he been able to keep his shit together?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:20 AM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
25 Pro Bowlers, five of whom are in the HOF in that draft class.

...





And Tony Mandarich.

1989 Yes!
[Reply]
Why Not? 10:39 AM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Wow. Looking at that 2017 class is crazy. It's way too early but guys like Mahomes, CMC, Kamara, TJ Watt, etc look like HOF talents.

2011 was a pretty great draft as well. I'm not going to go back and look but Von Miller, Cam Newton, Julio Jones and a bunch of others. Maybe JJ Watt?

The 89 draft's top 5 was insane. Barry Sanders, Deion Sanders, Derrick Thomas and another I can't remember. Was it Aikman?
Yea. Aikmen
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:39 AM 11-21-2020
ChiefsPlanet in 1989 would have been all over Tony Mandarich's nut suck. Love them big fatties. Also Broderick Thomas being the Nebraska star would have been up there as well.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:01 AM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
ChiefsPlanet in 1989 would have been all over Tony Mandarich's nut suck. Love them big fatties. Also Broderick Thomas being the Nebraska star would have been up there as well.
I had remembered Broderick Thomas being a big bust. But looking at his career, he wasnít too bad. Just not a star.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up