ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Define tyranny
jdubya 10:07 PM 11-19-2020
We have some folks here that seem to be far left and far right and many somewhere in the middle. For those of us who live here in the US.....where is the line drawn between liberty and tyranny?

I ask this because today Gavin Newsome in CA has declared a curfew at 10PM thru 5AM.....and I have to ask why. Already restaurants, bars, night clubs, churches, retail, Thanksgiving and Christmas have been closed.......so why the curfew? Where does tyranny begin?

Discuss
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:29 PM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
The next 4 years are gonna be a shit show for sure. I, for one, am not looking forward to President Harris when Uncle Touchy kicks off in 18 months.

I find it amusing that you think it is insulting or funny to misgender people, along with repeating "Trump rent free" after being informed that Trump didn't hurt me, as a final stand. I'm not gonna tell them shit. Them disrespecting it simply tells me what I need to know about the person (especially if they lost their fucking minds over athletes kneeling).
Why is that, little fella? Aren't you ready for a HoHo to run the country? What could go wrong?

And what tells you it's going to be 18 months, the dude does pushups, there's no way he doesn't last his two terms. The at RBG, look how long that hussy has lasted!
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 03:29 PM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Those who support Trump are not putting a person above the country. It means that they've found someone to support who shares and advocates their vision of the country, and are also dissuaded by the vision of his opposition.
Sure... not every last person who supports Trump would think of raising Trump's flag above the American flag. This individual, though, LITERALLY has placed Trump above the country. They aren't alone. Perhaps they just seem to be more common than they are because they are "the vocal minority".

Originally Posted by :
How many times have you seen people who have said 'show me someone who advocates what Trump does more effectively and with better demeanor, and we'll trade up in a second.
To be honest... not often. Most of the people I have spoken with are all in on Trump and love the way he goes about things because he "owns libs".
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:31 PM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
If done on purpose? Probably. But what evidence do you have that these people arranged the flags to be purposefully "a little gross", especially if you didn't stop and discuss it with them? Maybe it's just an honest mistake and you're using this picture to virtue signal your definition of tyranny and how it applies to Trump, perhaps?
That's the thing, it's a context-free photo what Janx in trying to turn into an indictment of the nation.

Could be a contrarian asshole.
Could be an absentminded mixup
Could be someone sent their kid out there to put the flags up without full instruction.

But, . . . truth is, . . . more likely it says something deeply troubling about all of Trumperkind.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 03:31 PM 11-21-2020
If done on purpose? Probably. But what evidence do you have that these people arranged the flags to be purposefully "a little gross", especially if you didn't stop and discuss it with them? Maybe it's just an honest mistake and you're using this picture to virtue signal your definition of tyranny and how it applies to Trump, perhaps?
So they ran the flags up the pole, not understanding that the first one to get clipped on will fly the highest, and when they were done... they didn't stand back and look over their work. No, they kept their head down and just headed on inside.

They literally just had the flag pole installed 2 days ago and this is the first time they had ever flown a flag.

Yup... that is what happened.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:32 PM 11-21-2020
Sure... not every last person who supports Trump would think of raising Trump's flag above the American flag. This individual, though, LITERALLY has placed Trump above the country. They aren't alone. Perhaps they just seem to be more common than they are because they are "the vocal minority".

To be honest... not often. Most of the people I have spoken with are all in on Trump and love the way he goes about things because he "owns libs".
You seem upset with the new normal.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 03:36 PM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Why is that, little fella? Aren't you ready for a HoHo to run the country? What could go wrong?
I didn't vote for nor do I support Biden/Harris. So no... I'm not ready for Harris to run the country. Again, the next 4 years will be a shit show.

Originally Posted by :
And what tells you it's going to be 18 months, the dude does pushups, there's no way he doesn't last his two terms. The at RBG, look how long that hussy has lasted!
He is old as shit and the job ages people exponentially. I give him 18 months but kudos if he makes it the whole way through (and not like Regan made it through his second term either).

You seem upset with the new normal.
Yeah... I prefer politicians that work for the greater good of the constituency and not revenge and "owning libs". Crazy, huh?
[Reply]
Bowser 03:37 PM 11-21-2020
So they ran the flags up the pole, not understanding that the first one to get clipped on will fly the highest, and when they were done... they didn't stand back and look over their work. No, they kept their head down and just headed on inside.

They literally just had the flag pole installed 2 days ago and this is the first time they had ever flown a flag.

Yup... that is what happened.
Did you go talk to them about it? If not, why? Oh, what's that? Because you don't care to talk to them face to face about it, but can light them up anonymously on a small little political subsection of a football BB and act like you've done something good by pointing out how Trumpers are inherently traitors to this country by using this picture as evidence? Sound right?
[Reply]
Bowser 03:39 PM 11-21-2020
Next time just come out and say you think Trump is a tyrant and you hate people that support him. That would be quicker and more honest.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 03:41 PM 11-21-2020
Did you go talk to them about it? If not, why? Oh, what's that?
I didn't take the photo.

Originally Posted by :
Because you don't care to talk to them face to face about it, but can light them up anonymously on a small little political subsection of a football BB and act like you've done something good by pointing out how Trumpers are inherently traitors to this country by using this picture as evidence? Sound right?
I'm not gonna go up to someone's door and tell them what they can and can't do on their property. Crazy thought, eh?

"Trumpers are inherently traitors" WOW. I never said that nor implied that. Flying the flag of an individual over the flag of our nation, one who is the sitting president no less, isn't traitorous. It is, though... gross.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 03:42 PM 11-21-2020
Next time just come out and say you think Trump is a tyrant and you hate people that support him. That would be quicker and more honest.
I literally said that Trump never hurt me and I'm grateful for several things he has done. Christ... you are excellent at playing victim.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:43 PM 11-21-2020
I didn't vote for nor do I support Biden/Harris. So no... I'm not ready for Harris to run the country. Again, the next 4 years will be a shit show.

He is old as shit and the job ages people exponentially. I give him 18 months but kudos if he makes it the whole way through (and not like Regan made it through his second term either).

Yeah... I prefer politicians that work for the greater good of the constituency and not revenge and "owning libs". Crazy, huh?
If that's where you are in terms of expectations you might want to stay in your basement, the new normal isn't going to be your friend.

I'm actually loving it, the division we enjoy in this country is awesome and it's only going to get more entertaining as the left and right radicals set the agenda because the margins are so close those people can't be ignored.

Just stay t-t-t-t-t-t-t-ttiggered, you're providing me entertainment.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 03:44 PM 11-21-2020
If that's where you are in terms of expectations you might want to stay in your basement, the new normal isn't going to be your friend.

I'm actually loving it, the division we enjoy in this country is awesome and it's only going to get more entertaining as the left and right radicals set the agenda because the margins are so close those people can't be ignored.

Just stay t-t-t-t-t-t-t-ttiggered, you're providing me entertainment.
I'm answering the question posed in OP. I'm sorry my photograph triggered you though.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:45 PM 11-21-2020
The next 4 years are gonna be a shit show for sure. I, for one, am not looking forward to President Harris when Uncle Touchy kicks off in 18 months.

I find it amusing that you think it is insulting or funny to misgender people, along with repeating "Trump rent free" after being informed that Trump didn't hurt me, as a final stand. I'm not gonna tell them shit. Them disrespecting it simply tells me what I need to know about the person (especially if they lost their ****ing minds over athletes kneeling).
“Misgender”. :-) Artificial concept.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:48 PM 11-21-2020
I'm answering the question posed in OP. I'm sorry my photograph triggered you though.
Tap-Out acknowledged. Now run along Rambo...
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 03:49 PM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
“Misgender”. :-) Artificial concept.
If I call you a girl, and you are a boy... I am misgendering you. I am calling you by the gender you are not simply because I either believe it will get under your skin or you or I actually think the other gender isn't equal... thus the insult.

It's like he is trying to be Perry Cox from Scrubs with none of the charm, whit, personality, or money.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Up