ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Define tyranny
jdubya 10:07 PM 11-19-2020
We have some folks here that seem to be far left and far right and many somewhere in the middle. For those of us who live here in the US.....where is the line drawn between liberty and tyranny?

I ask this because today Gavin Newsome in CA has declared a curfew at 10PM thru 5AM.....and I have to ask why. Already restaurants, bars, night clubs, churches, retail, Thanksgiving and Christmas have been closed.......so why the curfew? Where does tyranny begin?

Discuss
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:08 PM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
"You are t-t-t-t-t-t-t-triggered by people with flags... Trump, still living in your head, rent-free."

Yeah... that wasn't a swing at all. :-)

People flying the flag of an individual over that of our nation... yeah, it bothers me.
So, this is you?

Because "TRUMP"?
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 03:10 PM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
So, this is you?

Because "TRUMP"?
I actually don't give a shit about Trump one way or another. He didn't really negatively impact me other than his shit handling of this covid stuff. I really appreciate that he didn't get us into a new war. I appreciate his role in the peace negotiations in the ME.

Trump doesn't bother me.

People, including those in one of the two major parties, putting Trump above all else bothers me (as depicted by the Trump flag flying above the American flag here).
I'd be equally aggravated if it was a Biden flag. An Obama flag. The flag of another nation even.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 03:11 PM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by Merde Furieux:
So, the thread is about Tyranny. How did Trump engage in tyranny by allowing governors to decide what was/is best for their states?
You didn't bother reading the post I made... did ya. Trump is an example....the tyranny is people (or one of the two major parties) putting an individual above the nation. The photo was just an example of a person being put ahead of the nation. The covid handing was in response to GloryDayz saying Trump is in my head. I stated that outside of his handling of the matter... he had caused me no harm. I never said his handling of the situation was tyrannical.
[Reply]
Merde Furieux 03:13 PM 11-21-2020
You didn't bother reading the post I made... did ya. Trump is an example....the tyranny is people (or one of the two major parties) putting an individual above the nation. The photo was just an example of a person being put ahead of the nation.
:-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:13 PM 11-21-2020
I'd be equally aggravated if it was a Biden flag. An Obama flag. The flag of another nation even.
The next 4-8 years are going to be delicious.

Well little lady, why don't you stop the next time you see somebody do that and give them a piece of your dadgum mind. You let them know that the flag means something to you, and you won't put up with it being disrespected and/or flown incorrectly... Who knows, they might ask you to help correct the problem.

[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 03:14 PM 11-21-2020
Nice having a chat with you. Intellectually stimulating... as always.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:15 PM 11-21-2020
A party and their supporters putting a person before the country...

Flag burning is worse than this.
[Reply]
Merde Furieux 03:15 PM 11-21-2020
Is Pence a tyrant, too?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/11/polit...nth/index.html
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 03:19 PM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
The next 4-8 years are going to be delicious.

Well little lady, why don't you stop the next time you see somebody do that and give them a piece of your dadgum mind. You let them know that the flag means something to you, and you won't put up with it being disrespected and/or flown incorrectly... Who knows, they might ask you to help correct the problem.

The next 4 years are gonna be a shit show for sure. I, for one, am not looking forward to President Harris when Uncle Touchy kicks off in 18 months.

I find it amusing that you think it is insulting or funny to misgender people, along with repeating "Trump rent free" after being informed that Trump didn't hurt me, as a final stand. I'm not gonna tell them shit. Them disrespecting it simply tells me what I need to know about the person (especially if they lost their fucking minds over athletes kneeling).
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 03:20 PM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Flag burning is worse than this.
I'm not a fan of flag burning but, for me, putting an individual over a nation vs burning a flag in anger at the perceived state of government is far worse.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:21 PM 11-21-2020
I'm not a fan of flag burning but, for me, putting an individual over a nation vs burning a flag in anger at the perceived state of government is far worse.
Did you stop and talk to the homeowner about their mistake?
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 03:21 PM 11-21-2020
Is Pence a tyrant, too?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/11/polit...nth/index.html
Who did I call a tyrant to begin with in order for there to be a too?

Is the rainbow flag the colors that represent the US? Are there rules for how a flag should be displayed?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:21 PM 11-21-2020
You didn't bother reading the post I made... did ya. Trump is an example....the tyranny is people (or one of the two major parties) putting an individual above the nation. The photo was just an example of a person being put ahead of the nation. The covid handing was in response to GloryDayz saying Trump is in my head. I stated that outside of his handling of the matter... he had caused me no harm. I never said his handling of the situation was tyrannical.
Those who support Trump are not putting a person above the country. It means that they've found someone to support who shares and advocates their vision of the country, and are also dissuaded by the vision of his opposition.

How many times have you seen people who have said 'show me someone who advocates what Trump does more effectively and with better demeanor, and we'll trade up in a second.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 03:24 PM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Did you stop and talk to the homeowner about their mistake?
Nah...why would I? Do you stop everyone wearing a Biden hat and talk to them about theirs?

Do you disagree that putting the flag of an individual above the flag of the US, which I've been constantly told is representative of all the men and women who have died for our rights, is a little gross?
[Reply]
Bowser 03:28 PM 11-21-2020
Nah...why would I? Do you stop everyone wearing a Biden hat and talk to them about theirs?

Do you disagree that putting the flag of an individual above the flag of the US, which I've been constantly told is representative of all the men and women who have died for our rights, is a little gross?
If done on purpose? Probably. But what evidence do you have that these people arranged the flags to be purposefully "a little gross", especially if you didn't stop and discuss it with them? Maybe it's just an honest mistake and you're using this picture to virtue signal your definition of tyranny and how it applies to Trump, perhaps?
[Reply]
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Up