ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Define tyranny
jdubya 10:07 PM 11-19-2020
We have some folks here that seem to be far left and far right and many somewhere in the middle. For those of us who live here in the US.....where is the line drawn between liberty and tyranny?

I ask this because today Gavin Newsome in CA has declared a curfew at 10PM thru 5AM.....and I have to ask why. Already restaurants, bars, night clubs, churches, retail, Thanksgiving and Christmas have been closed.......so why the curfew? Where does tyranny begin?

Discuss
[Reply]
mkp785 07:22 PM 11-20-2020
Where have all you people been? Does no one turn on their TVs or look at their phones?

We defeated tyranny on Nov 3rd. The 2 week anniversary of that is happening tomorrow...No one told you folks?
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:22 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Tyranny is allowing qualified immunity to keep letting police brutality go unpunished in this country.
:-)
[Reply]
Loneiguana 07:26 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Tyranny is when you seek to control social and economic outcomes using the violence, or threat of violence, from the state.
Nazi Germany didnt seek to control economic outcomes. Hitler was a huge survival of fittest believer and wanted competition among everything, including the economy.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 07:28 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
:-)
Normalization, acceptance, and use of police violence against civilians, using government violence against civilians without due process, is a big warning sign.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:41 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
Normalization, acceptance, and use of police violence against civilians, using government violence against civilians without due process, is a big warning sign.
:-)

Reality says hi...
[Reply]
Loneiguana 07:43 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
:-)

Reality says hi...
Yeah, it is.

And reality sayings normalization and acceptance of violence by government police forces against civilians is a huge warning sign.

Do what your told and your wont get hurt isnt healthy police attitude.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 07:44 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
:-)

Reality says hi...
:-) A guy who probably hasn’t stepped foot outside of Iowa all year is hardly in good enough contact with reality to be passing along messages from it.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:11 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:

Do what your told and your wont get hurt isnt healthy police attitude.
Yet you embrace it from government. Ironic. (More like moronic)
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 08:25 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
Nazi Germany didnt seek to control economic outcomes. Hitler was a huge survival of fittest believer and wanted competition among everything, including the economy.
His policies were designed to empower large corporations compliant with the war machine while he waged war on small business at the start up level and drove down wages among workers

Not to mention the slave labor.

It was hardly a free market. It was corporatism, which is pretty standard for fascism.

Trying to ensure the biggest income generators and employers are complicit in your expansionist war policies and generally are compliant with your agenda isnt competition. He rigged the system. It's what tyrants do. The guy thought capitalism was a jewish plot.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 08:38 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Where have all you people been? Does no one turn on their TVs or look at their phones?

We defeated tyranny on Nov 3rd. The 2 week anniversary of that is happening tomorrow...No one told you folks?
Operation warp speed is still a thing. :-)
[Reply]
mkp785 08:43 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
Operation warp speed is still a thing. :-)
Fake virus. Hoax. Dem/China/Soros/big media/big tech lie.
......and even if it wasn't fake news. Then we have a vaccine coming just around the corner.

Mostly though. Hoax.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 09:56 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
His policies were designed to empower large corporations compliant with the war machine while he waged war on small business at the start up level and drove down wages among workers

Not to mention the slave labor.

It was hardly a free market. It was corporatism, which is pretty standard for fascism.

Trying to ensure the biggest income generators and employers are complicit in your expansionist war policies and generally are compliant with your agenda isnt competition. He rigged the system. It's what tyrants do. The guy thought capitalism was a jewish plot.
He didnt wage war on small business. What hyperbolic nonsense. Go ahead a cite that.

Nor did he drive down wages. Wtf are you talk are you talking about?

Nothing about Hilters governmental attitude shows he ever took such interest in or participated in such economic control. Hitlers interest in the economy started and stopped with things related to war. He didnt give a second thought to your modern idea of small business.

I'm going to say this slowly. Hitler did not care about the economy. He did not care. He didnt rig anything. He didnt wage war on small business.

There is zero historical basis for your claims.

Who you are talking about is general pinchot in chile, who used dictator powers under the economic guidance of the right wing american economic theory of the Chicago boys to brutally implement right wing economics. With all the killings, abuse, and terror of dictators.

If you want to see a right wing dictator control the economy, it's not Hilter. Especially when compared to Pinchot.

Was he a capitalist per say, no. Any more than you can label Nazi with regular labels, hitlers economic ideas were unique.

Originally Posted by :
“Do you think I’m stupid enough to destroy the economy? The state will only intervene if people do not act in the interest of the nation. There is no need for dispossession or participation in all the decisions. The state will intervene strongly when it must, pushed by superior motives, without regards to particular interests.”
Originally Posted by :
“Our great heads of industry are not concerned with the accumulation of wealth and the good life, rather they are concerned with responsibility and power. They have acquired this right by natural selection: they are members of the higher race.
Originally Posted by :
“Socialism is the science of dealing with the common wealth. Communism is not Socialism. Marxism is not Socialism. The Marxians have stolen the term and confused its meaning. I shall take Socialism away from the Socialists.

Socialism, unlike Marxism, does not repudiate private property. Unlike Marxism, it involves no negation of personality, and unlike Marxism, it is patriotic... We are not internationalists. Our socialism is national. We demand the fulfillment of the just claims of the productive classes by the state on the basis of race solidarity. To us state and race are one.”

[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:02 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
:-) A guy who probably hasnít stepped foot outside of Iowa all year is hardly in good enough contact with reality to be passing along messages from it.
:-)... I probably traveled more in January than you have in the last 5 years... Shoot, I even had a documented good time with many CP'ers at the SuperBowl in Miami... Then of course the 'rona hit... So I'm no where close to the 125 flights a year I have averaged over the last 20, but hey, gotta be safe from the China Flu...
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 10:03 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Fake virus. Hoax. Dem/China/Soros/big media/big tech lie.
......and even if it wasn't fake news. Then we have a vaccine coming just around the corner.

Mostly though. Hoax.
Operation Warp Speed is http://id2020.org
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 10:25 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
:-)... I probably traveled more in January than you have in the last 5 years... Shoot, I even had a documented good time with many CP'ers at the SuperBowl in Miami... Then of course the 'rona hit... So I'm no where close to the 125 flights a year I have averaged over the last 20, but hey, gotta be safe from the China Flu...
Thatís gotta suck. I couldnít imagine being grounded from my traveling job during all of this and being forced to stay in Iowa of all places. Hope you become essential enough at some point again soon to get back to it. I mean that with all sincerity as a fellow traveler. I couldnít even imagine not being able to travel.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up