ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
The Lounge>Who here uses a bidet?
Mephistopheles Janx 09:11 PM 11-18-2020
This was the TP isle in Walmart about an hour ago...



Thinking about getting a bidet attachment but I'm not sure as to just how well they clean you up back there. For the amount I spend on 3 packages of TP (Charmin Strong 9 pack) I could get an "entry" model bidet attachment.

With people losing their fucking minds again, WHY TOILET PAPER?!?!?!?, it seem like it might be a wise investment. Never mind that I'm on a septic tank and the thought of less paper going in there is even more appealing.
[Reply]
loochy 08:11 PM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

The run has already begun...

Well then let's hope the runs don't begin...because then we are in trouble.




And how do these hoarders not already have mountains of leftover paper from their previous hoarding experience?
[Reply]
Frazod 08:14 PM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by vonBobo:
I'm guessing those with hemorrhoids are already in the know, but I didn't... cold water is bad for hemorrhoids, and warm water is more beneficial? One thing to consider in cold vs heated.
The water's not freezing cold; it's just a little chilly. Besides, even if I got one with hot water, the water isn't instantly hot, and by the time it got hot, I assume I'd be done needing to use it. I would also note that the idea of scalding my asshole with super hot water isn't terribly appealing. :-)
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 08:19 PM 11-21-2020
They do have them with instantly and perfectly warm water.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 07:01 AM 11-22-2020
Had one for several years. Definitely reduces the usage of the. Berate the low end ones don't last more than a couple of years.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:39 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Bidet installed.

Some random thoughts:

1. Boy, you think a toilet is clean until you remove the seat. Yeesh.

2. Plumbing stuff is never as easy as the pricks on YouTube make it look. At least this didn't involve me crawling under a sink cabinet.

3. That jet of water is strong. When I first tested it the spray hit the towel hanging on the opposite wall.

4. I like it. Haven't needed to use it for real yet, but I'm sure it will work as intended. The cold water doesn't bother me.

5. I think I will need to hit Home Depot and get some risers for the front of the seat. It does stick up a bit. The seat is hollow plastic, so there's plenty of give, but I ain't exactly light, so I don't want to risk breaking anything in the future.
SO THIS!!! I just swapped-out the spray hose/nozzle in the kitchen and not only was it a complete BITCH to get to, then I got bitten by the connection deal (the faucet provides a female connection, not a male!!!). Needless to say we had to return the original replacement we bought and purchase a different version to get the job done.

:-)
[Reply]
Frazod 08:19 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
SO THIS!!! I just swapped-out the spray hose/nozzle in the kitchen and not only was it a complete BITCH to get to, then I got bitten by the connection deal (the faucet provides a female connection, not a male!!!). Needless to say we had to return the original replacement we bought and purchase a different version to get the job done.

:-)
Working under the kitchen sink is the worst. The basin is huge, the area where the fixtures are is a bitch to get to (especially if you don't have the proper tools) and you also have to work around the goddamn garbage disposal. God that was a miserable experience. I think I cussed enough to make R. Lee Ermey blush.

Got it done, though.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:02 AM 11-22-2020
Frazod, live update please!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:24 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Working under the kitchen sink is the worst. The basin is huge, the area where the fixtures are is a bitch to get to (especially if you don't have the proper tools) and you also have to work around the goddamn garbage disposal. God that was a miserable experience. I think I cussed enough to make R. Lee Ermey blush.



Got it done, though.
Funny you should mention the disposal... That's where this started last Wednesday, the Insinkerator grew a leak, so a new one had to go in. And, par for the course, Mrs. GloryDayz always has a "while we've got everything pulled out from under the sink" moments... Well the disposal was the easy part. And even there, because those people fucking suck hairy goat nuts, they don't ship with a fucking power cord. Just like the new dryer did last month. But I can at least understand the dryer. So you have to move the power cord from the old to the new disposal.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:17 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Frazod, live update please!
My butthole is squeaky clean. :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 10:25 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Funny you should mention the disposal... That's where this started last Wednesday, the Insinkerator grew a leak, so a new one had to go in. And, par for the course, Mrs. GloryDayz always has a "while we've got everything pulled out from under the sink" moments... Well the disposal was the easy part. And even there, because those people fucking suck hairy goat nuts, they don't ship with a fucking power cord. Just like the new dryer did last month. But I can at least understand the dryer. So you have to move the power cord from the old to the new disposal.
Sucks about that cord. It's amazing how manufacturers don't include shit that they obviously should. Always reminds me of the old Gilligan's Island episode where everybody was fleecing the Howells. At one point the professor sells them some candles, then says, "now that you have the candles, perhaps I can interest you in these wicks?" :-)

As for my plumbing adventures, I think they're pretty much over. I've replaced all the faucets in the house within the past couple of years, so I should be good in that department for quite a while (hopefully they'll outlast me). As for the garbage disposal, it's still the nearly 20-year-old original, but when it dies, I'm calling a professional. No more crawling around under the kitchen sink for me.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:36 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Sucks about that cord. It's amazing how manufacturers don't include shit that they obviously should. Always reminds me of the old Gilligan's Island episode where everybody was fleecing the Howells. At one point the professor sells them some candles, then says, "now that you have the candles, perhaps I can interest you in these wicks?" :-)

As for my plumbing adventures, I think they're pretty much over. I've replaced all the faucets in the house within the past couple of years, so I should be good in that department for quite a while (hopefully they'll outlast me). As for the garbage disposal, it's still the nearly 20-year-old original, but when it dies, I'm calling a professional. No more crawling around under the kitchen sink for me.
Actually the disposal is pretty easy (it wasn't the first one I've done), loosen all fittings, put a Phillips head in one of the loop holes, twist counter-clockwise, and it falls out. The only slightly challenging part, because it's under the sink, is lifting and twisting the replacement in. The moving of the power cable from the old to the new unit takes as long as the rest of the job!

But I'm sure your Mrs. is like mine, and sees opportunity "while your down there" (and not in a good way). But I win in the end, I make sure they all have to stare at ass-crack while I'm working. If they're going to laugh at me, I'm going to give them something to laugh about!
[Reply]
Frazod 03:13 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Actually the disposal is pretty easy (it wasn't the first one I've done), loosen all fittings, put a Phillips head in one of the loop holes, twist counter-clockwise, and it falls out. The only slightly challenging part, because it's under the sink, is lifting and twisting the replacement in. The moving of the power cable from the old to the new unit takes as long as the rest of the job!

But I'm sure your Mrs. is like mine, and sees opportunity "while your down there" (and not in a good way). But I win in the end, I make sure they all have to stare at ass-crack while I'm working. If they're going to laugh at me, I'm going to give them something to laugh about!
Nah, I'm lucky in that department. My wife doesn't give a crap about such things. The exception to this is if something she uses regularly breaks, and then she's up my ass nonstop to get it fixed.

Also, she's smart enough to leave me the hell alone when I'm working on home improvement projects, because brother, I ain't pleasant while doing them. :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 03:21 PM 11-22-2020
And Home Depot doesn't carry the extended toilet seat bumpers; they only had regular size replacements. Amazon has plenty of them, though.

I bought the bidet on Amazon, but didn't get the bumpers at the time because I got one that advertised itself as thin enough that they wouldn't be needed. :-)


[Reply]
2112 03:26 PM 11-22-2020
I always load up the truck with certain things whenever they’re on sale, I always have. I had a stockpile of toilet paper, paper towels and bottled water long before all this shit started in the spring.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:30 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Nah, I'm lucky in that department. My wife doesn't give a crap about such things. The exception to this is if something she uses regularly breaks, and then she's up my ass nonstop to get it fixed.

Also, she's smart enough to leave me the hell alone when I'm working on home improvement projects, because brother, I ain't pleasant while doing them. :-)
I'm glad I'm not the only one who turns into a giant green rage monster when I have to work on anything in the house. I make multiple millions of dollars of machines run, but I have to work half a fucking day to do a 20 minute job on $100 of hardware.

FUUUUCK
[Reply]
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Up